News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

how to program a cheating bg bot/cheating dice generator

Started by yappay, September 07, 2012, 03:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

Tom

Quote from: yappay on September 07, 2012, 03:32:43 AM
after reading a few posts i now know that fibs bots/dice generator do not cheat.
its all about misperception of own vs bot luck and not fully getting that bots are playing on world class and above level. :yes:
It is not Luck it is the perception of luck, take a 1600 player and let them face a 2000+ player (bot or not) and you will
see that the stronger player makes moves that yield the largest number of useful rolls on the next roll.

ie. They will have blots that can only be hit by one roll by the opponent but will be able to use 3-4  different die on their next turn.
So their odds of being hit are low but odds of continuing to build a prime (for example) are 20% or better.

Do THAT consistently and YOU are a 2000 player!

Quote from: yappay on September 07, 2012, 03:32:43 AM
1. how would you program a cheating bg bot with a cheating dice generator (no coding just aspects of the program)?
2. would it be possible to prove that the bot is cheating just by analyzing the games (not the programming code)?

To what end? I do not know of any online BG servers where a player can select their rolls,

You have a better chance of eliminating rolls face to face bitching that your opponent did not roll right,
the cup was too level, the die did not roll far enough, oh wait is that die cocked next to that checker?

Tom

dorbel

A very common misconception is that the Fibs program can see what roll is best (or worst) on the next turn. It can't. It has no function to evaluate equity for a dice roll, hence it can't select a good or bad number. Such a function only existed in a fairly primitive form 20 years ago anyway (Jellyfish) and Marvin certainly didn't incorporate that into Fibs! I suppose that incorporating such a function now is technically possible, but I can't somehow see Patti sitting up late figuring out how to do it!