News:

thx MAffi Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, captainmubbers, aviator, Anonymous, Tom, roygbiv  yyy , Michael  r_monk Jade & Linus  our latest VIP donors/subscribers..cheers! they get to see special links & articles and gain much kudos.:) join them at http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Censorship

Started by KDP, September 03, 2013, 02:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDP

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."
― Salman Rushdie

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." -John Morley

"If you can't annoy somebody with what you write, I think there's little point in writing." Kingsley Amis, British novelist, 1971

and my favorite one:

"To hear one voice clearly, we must have freedom to hear them all."
Kerry Brock, of the Freedom Forum, 1997

diane

Indeed.

However, this forum has certain rules for posting...one of them refers to naming others. Several warnings were handed out yesterday for that, including one formal warning which would result in a red carding for the poster.

It was not heeded and a name was again used. I said I would delete the thread, if that happened. I am feeling magnanimous today though, and have merely moved it for a cooling off period. I will remove the name later and restore the thread, once the red card has been issued.

There are plenty of other topics related to the one removed, and you can add your comments to the TD there. I am sure she will appreciate your support.

Or you could start another - after all, we do need at least 5 or so threads to properly represent the injustice done.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

To further demonstrate my good mood and to aid your right to express yourself, I have chopped out your post and put it in general chit chat - fear not, your voice will be heard!
Never give up on the things that make you smile

vegasvic

Diane what will we do without you here to protect our rights .  :rules:

zbilbo

Ricky Gervais is always fun on the topic offended.

There is always Louis CK: Offended by the "N word"

And the heavy metal Australian Steve Hughes handles it very well: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b48_1305790944

So in effect: Think about what one does.

vegasvic

:veryhappy: nice to see some HUMOR !!

But i will add i am offended by it all .