News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

What you think about " FIBS- Pilots "

Started by wingtsun, January 14, 2004, 11:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingtsun

Hello all FIBSters.

In the Time, i play on FIBS, i meet a lot of new members they don't now how to handle the board or whats vouch and complain for or, or or...
I think we are enought seriously poeple here to give newbees a helping Hand.
My idea is ,that some members how  spend much time here, get a sign as " FIBS-Pilots" ( a little cube, or what ever ) behind Nickname, and the newbees get a message, whats this sign for.

Please tell here what you thinking about this idea

best of Luck

Wingtsun

alef

QuoteIn the Time, i play on FIBS, i meet a lot of new members they don't now how to handle the board or whats vouch and complain for or, or or...
I think we are enought seriously poeple here to give newbees a helping Hand.
My idea is ,that some members how  spend much time here, get a sign as " FIBS-Pilots" ( a little cube, or what ever ) behind Nickname, and the newbees get a message, whats this sign for.

FIBS could definitely do with having helpers. If a HelpBot were around to both collect the names of helpers and communicate with newbies as they joined, then perhaps interfaces could add an icon to identify these people. I suspect the main two interfaces being used by newbies are ParlorPlay and JavaFIBS Applet. It would be particularly useful if the newbies can tell the bot what language they need help in and then get introduced to the relevant helper(s).

jinnate

this sounds like a great idea. if we were unable to do the icon thing, maybe simply having a couple usernames to turn to would be enough. the bot could easily give usernames of those online able to help.

i remember seeing a page on another fibs site listing which players spoke which languages so that people had a username to connect with when there was a language barrier.

diane

Absolutely this is a great idea - even if the helpers are just pointed to from the fibs intropage in the immediate future (but make sure the helpers do not mind repeating themselves!!)
Never give up on the things that make you smile