bonehead

Started by magic_one, April 10, 2004, 11:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magic_one

:unsure: Is bonehead a bot?    Many times that I have played him, he says he is not a bot.    Are there two (2) boneheads?    If you answer this, please tell me how you know.    THANKS,

webrunner

For all i know he is a bot.
Maybe his maintainer sometimes chats through him.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

tucsonAZ

QuoteIs bonehead a bot?..
Are there two (2) boneheads?..
It is possible for someone to chat through the bot. And also it could be that the bot is programmed to reply to some common chat questions. Most bots on fibs that have been online for a while usually have more than 10x the experience of regular players. And they also have extremely high dropped games and high ratings. If you see all 3 characteristics (very high experience, high dropped games, high rating) it is likely a bot.

>> Are there 2 boneheads?

For fibs, I would say that is a conservative estimate   :rolleyes:  

alef

I think, though am not sure, that bonehead is run by otaku. He has previously run bots and at various times shouted and chatted through them. bonehead used to fill the shouts with hilarious strangeness using some kind of artificial intelligence, but Patti eventually gagged it.

Taking inspiration Rod Roark added some chat features to ParlorBot, there's some info about it at the very bottom of the Bots page:
http://www.fibs.com/bots.html

If you RepBot query a bot then you should get a message saying that it's a bot, if not then let avik know so he can add it to the RepBot list of bots.

magic_one

RepBot says bonehead is a bot.  However, when I asked bonehead, bonehead replied that RepBot was mistaken.

webrunner

Its programmed to do that. Believe me.. it's a bot!
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

diane

But it is very well done isnt it? :)

Structure your questions better - and you will find out for sure - you questions need to be slightly more complicated - if you do that you can establish which word or phrase the bot is answering - but the anwer it gives doesnt make any sense.

I cant remeber which question i fooled it with - but it didnt take too long.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

QWerner

Offcourse he is a bot.

Because on one hane if he is ansering he is nor nice, so how you can play so long on fibs and you are not nice. And secound he gives the answers so fast, a human could not tape and send.

And how would answer of a nice question "Hurry up" or "come on" if he will win with lets say 7 to 3.

he is a bot. I an shure.

have good games QWerner

Matty

it is a bot but I think his creator sometimes takes the bot offline and plays as Bonehead.  

diane

I have heard that - but i have yet to meet the human persona  :)  

diane

And now it is all gone  :(   We will miss ya bonehead - whatever the reasons behind it all!