News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

European Fibs Party 2006

Started by Hardy_whv, May 30, 2006, 10:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogul

diane: The Easyhotel is close to the Ramada, about 1600 feet.

samirah

QuoteOK - I have booked the Ramada for the weekend
Yipppeeeeeee!!!! looking forward seeing u again Diane!  :P  

are you coming alone? or Padski will join you?

Basel is not a very  big city, so everything is within reach ( I didn't know that the tram connection around the city is under construction  :angry: )

see you soon !

samirah

samirah

To all fibsters coming with the car, I really recommend that after you check-in in your hotel that you park your car on a "WHITE"parking area and make sure that it's  for free! (kostenlos) There are some of this parking space a bit out of the center, but since you'll get a mobility ticket from the hotel you can take the tram free of charge and just collect your car after the party!

Parking  in Basel is  a very EXPENSIVE thing ! I'm sure you can spend this money in more interesting stuff  than paying your parking   ;)

Drive well and see you soon  :)

sam!

diane

Flights are booked now too, looking forward to seeing some familiar fibs faces and some new ones I have been dying to meet  :D  Of course padski is coming with me - as I stated before - hence all the practising  ;)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

gogul

From the central railway-station to the cafe "Del Mar" its five minutes to walk.
If you click on the map below:
when you go out the station you will stand at the "C" of the Centralbahnstr. In front of you youÃ,´ll see a park, the "Elisabethenanlage" and there you turn into the "Wallstrasse" and go down the stairs "Bollwerkpromendade", which will lead you direktly to the "Heuwaage" where you find the Del Mar. The map-drawer was a very nice man, house-nr of the Del Mar is 30.
Central Station to Del Mar

WeÃ,´ll have the possibility to play outside directly at the Rhine-board in a nice buvette if we and the weather wants and go back to Del Mar after dinner.

CU then, looking forward  ^_^  

samirah

Thank you very much soup for making me that list!  :kiss2:

I really appreciate it .  :D

samirah  

souptree

Nick . . . . . . County. . . . . . Status

acas . . . . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
bergkamp . . . . CH. . . . . . . . tentative
cassandra. . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
Chris. . . . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
cis. . . . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
diane. . . . . . UK. . . . . . . . confirmed
erbeere. . . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
gogul. . . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
Hardy_whv. . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
krautlover . . . US. . . . . . . . confirmed
Martino. . . . . FR. . . . . . . . tentative
michaelsw. . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
Nutsch . . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
Oliver . . . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
padski . . . . . UK. . . . . . . . confirmed
Paul_William . . UK. . . . . . . . confirmed
trictrac . . . . IT. . . . . . . . confirmed
samirah. . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
Schigolch. . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
sidie. . . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
stoffelino & friend D. . . . . . . confirmed
Sunshine . . . . SA. . . . . . . . confirmed
Zorba. . . . . . NL. . . . . . . . confirmed

I'm posting this as a favor to Sami.  All I ask in return is for Zorba to buy her a drink.   :)
[size=8]All We Are Saying Is Give Peas A Chance[/size]
[size=8]www.souptree.net/fibs/stfu.jpg
Trees don't grow on money either.
[/size]

samirah

Hi all,

as u can see on the list above this party will be very, very international!  :cool: and because of this I thought of making a sort of "exchange gifts". Meaning u have to bring "1" gift and this should be . . . .

1. something traditional, something that symbolizes the country where you live in.(preferably non-food)
2. max 20 euro ( if u feel like being generous . . .  it's also ok!   :P )
3. gift wrapped.

Gifts will be numbered and we will have a lottery. If you have some questions regarding this please feel free to ask me.   samirahkern@hotmail.com

Any more ideas to make this party as FUN as possible are very much welcome!

Thanks,
sam!

:giveflower:  

cassandra

first: i was not able to say this all in english, so i did something in german, the rest i will translate soon.

hello @ll!

i like the idea with the presents.

but first time i heard about this, i didn't like this:
> 1. something traditional, something that symbolizes the country

so i asked me myself questions
- what (nonfood) is my country?
- what (nonfood) symbolizes my coutry?

all presents i thought about was something to eat or to drink!
and all of them represented not whole germany, only the region i live.

i talked with several people. there are two things i heard representing germany or beeing typical german.

in this way i had very interesting and good discussions and plenty of good thoughts and experiments about deutschland, heimat, schwarzwald, wein!, bier!, kaese, schweiz :), buergerInnen, sterne, symbole, grenzen, laender, welt, meisterschaften, geld, gesetze, visionen, utopien, konkrete, universum, freiheit, liebe, etc.

and maybe ... i found a present, that symbolizes my country in my way :)

but if i did not, i will in den wald gehen, den ich als kind kennengelernt habe, um dort einen tannenzapfen zu holen. das waere vielleicht das einzige geschenk, was mein (heimat-)land fuer mich symbolisieren koennte - ausgenommen meine sprache, aber die kann man nicht verschenken, oder?

thanks samirah!

Schigolch

QuoteHi all,

as u can see on the list above this party will be very, very international!  :cool: and because of this I thought of making a sort of "exchange gifts". Meaning u have to bring "1" gift and this should be . . . .

1. something traditional, something that symbolizes the country where you live in.(preferably non-food)
2. max 20 euro ( if u feel like being generous . . .  it's also ok!   :P )
3. gift wrapped.

Gifts will be numbered and we will have a lottery. If you have some questions regarding this please feel free to ask me.   samirahkern@hotmail.com

Any more ideas to make this party as FUN as possible are very much welcome!

Thanks,
sam!

:giveflower:
That's the german translation of samirah's post:

Hallo zusammen,
wie ihr aus der Liste ersehen könnt, wird die Party sehr international! Toll! Cool! Wow! Und darum habe ich gedacht, daß wir alle eine Art Geschenketausch machen sollten. Das heisst, ihr müßt alle ein Geschenk mitbringen, das
1. etwas Traditionelles, etwas, das Euer Land, in dem Ihr lebt, symbolisieren soll (vorzugsweise kein Essen)
2. max 20 eur kosten soll (wenn ihr grosszügig sein wollt... bitte)
3. eingepackt  sein muss.
Die Geschenke werden nummeriert und wir werden eine Lotterie veranstalten. Fragt mich, wenn Ihr dazu Fragen habt. samirahkern@hotmail.com
Mehr Ideen, mit denen diese Party so schön und lustig wie möglich werden wird, sind sehr willkommen!
Thanks,
sam!

lewscannon

QuoteNick . . . . . . County. . . . . . Status

acas . . . . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
bergkamp . . . . CH. . . . . . . . tentative
cassandra. . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
Chris. . . . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
cis. . . . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
diane. . . . . . UK. . . . . . . . confirmed
erbeere. . . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
gogul. . . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
Hardy_whv. . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
krautlover . . . US. . . . . . . . confirmed
Martino. . . . . FR. . . . . . . . tentative
michaelsw. . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
Nutsch . . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
Oliver . . . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
padski . . . . . UK. . . . . . . . confirmed
Paul_William . . UK. . . . . . . . confirmed
trictrac . . . . IT. . . . . . . . confirmed
samirah. . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
Schigolch. . . . D . . . . . . . . confirmed
sidie. . . . . . CH. . . . . . . . confirmed
stoffelino & friend D. . . . . . . confirmed
Sunshine . . . . SA. . . . . . . . confirmed
Zorba. . . . . . NL. . . . . . . . confirmed

I'm posting this as a favor to Sami.  All I ask in return is for Zorba to buy her a drink.   :)
Does that mean that Zorba is not eating lunch?

Zorba

I think I'll stick to drinking... :beerdrinkers: You know what they say lews, one drink is equal to a sandwich with cheese!   :lol:  
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

inim

Add me to the confirmed list, please  :)  
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

samirah

QuoteAdd me to the confirmed list, please  :)
:cool:    welcome to Basel, inim :)

sam!

Hardy_whv

Hallo allerseits,

bin inzwischen wohlbehalten von 6 Wochen Seefahrt zurückgekehrt und kann mich nun so langsam an die letzten Vorbereitungen für die Party machen. Habe nur noch niemanden gefunden, der bereit wäre, meine Hemden zu bügeln  :(

Ein weiterer Teilnehmer hat sich fest angemeldet: mars  :yes:  

Denkt bitte alle dran ein

mitzubringen. Okay, es reicht, wenn ca. 50% ein Board dabei haben, aber weniger sollte es nicht sein.

Bis bald,

Euer Hardy    B)

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

Hi everyone,

I just returned from 6 weeks at sea and am starting my last preparations for the party. Unfortunately didn't find anyone yet to do the ironing of my shirts ...  :(

Another participant just confirmed his participation: mars  :yes:

Please don't forget to bring your

to Basel, if you have one.

Looking forward to seeing you very soon,

Hardy  :rolleyes:
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

runnerup

english first:

hi all,

i know it is rather short notice, but i would like to join the fun. please add me to the list.

could somebody - especially the people that live in basle - answer the following:

is there a way to book a hotel without owning a credit card? if not, i might have to do it in basle on friday afternoon.
is it in that case better to get off the train at basel bad bf or at basel sbb? i believe the latter is the main train station?!

and btw: i don't own a board, i don't need it playing at fibs ;-) maybe somebody from basle could bring more than one??

hope to get to know you all on friday!

runnerup

und jetzt auf deutsch:

hallo alle zusammen,

ich weiß, es ist sehr kurzfristig, aber ich habe lust mitzumachen. bitte nehmt mich mit auf die liste.

kann jamend - vor allem jemand aus basel - folgendes beantworten:

gibt es eine möglichkeit ein hotel zu buchen ohne kreditkarte? wenn nicht, dann müsste ich das am freitag nachmittag in basel erledigen.
ist es in dem fall besser in basel bad bf oder in basel sbb aus dem zug zu steigen? ich vermute, dass letzterer der hauptbahnhof ist?!

und btw: ich besitze kein board, das brauche ich nicht um bei fibs zu spielen ;-) vielleicht kann jemand aus basel mehr als eins mitbringen??

ich hoffe, euch alle am freitag kennenzulernen!

runnerup

Hardy_whv

Hi runnerup,

great that you are joining us. Unfortunately I have no detail knowledge about Basel. So I can't help you searching a hotel. Some of us booked a room in the Ramada Hotel. Perhaps they accept reservations by telephone without credit card? Just call them: +41 (0) 61 / 560 40 00

I hope that enough people will bring a board with them, so it should not hurt if come without.

Looking forward to meeting you soon,

Hardy  B)  
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

runnerup

hi hardy,

danke für den tipp. kannst du mir verraten, wieviel ein zimmer im ramada kostet? ich habe keine ahnung vom schweizer preisniveau.

wir habe uns übrigens im mai beim turnier in hamburg gesehen und kurz über deinen ex-berufsort rostock unterhalten. später war keine rechte gelegenheit, du warst ein wenig länger im turnier als ich ;-)

schöne grüße

runnerup
(auch wenn das englisch ist, ich bin aus deutschland)

webrunner

Too bad we can't make it.
But another question: why is this meeting not mentioned in our calendar?? ;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

diane

OK - it is nitty gritty time - final preparations tomorrow - I need to know two things - an accurate weather forecast for the weekend - flip flops or umbrellas? and can I spend euros in Basel and travelling to and from Basel?
Never give up on the things that make you smile