News:

VIP Donors can remain anonymous while still enjoying all the benefits.......

Main Menu

FIBS London gathering

Started by alef, July 12, 2004, 09:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alef

There's now a webpage for the upcoming London get together on the weekend of Aug 28th:
www.alef.co.uk/fibs

Let us know if you're thinking of coming to help us plan for numbers. More details to appear on the page as things develop...

diane

Wow - love the piccie - you do have some free time  :D

Where is the sun though? I have promised sun - and sun there will be (that picture has overtones of fog if you ask me   :huh: )
Never give up on the things that make you smile

mrbond

Excellent piece of art work there alef!  :D

And for your benefit diane, its a shadow, that has been cast, as a result of the scorching sun on "plant fibs".  :P  

So bring your shades and your sun cream, it will be needed.  B)

I look forward to meeting as many fibsters as possible!

Love & peace.
That will be shaken, not, stirred!

alef

rom, who organized a previous UK event, is both coming and bringing various old FIBS friends -- a whole gang from Cambridge I believe.

Unfortunately I'm not currently set up to access newgroups, could someone who can please make an announcement for us on rec.games.backgammon?

I'll phone the Fox Reformed and get them to mention it during their announcements at the start of Monday tournaments. Also can get MikeMadMonk to send out something on his mailing list. Anyone connected to the Gammonitis clan? Or BIBA?

lewscannon

I've noticed that Burper is on the wish list, but I'm not. Cyan and Sox, I can understand; they would liven up anyone's party. But Burper?

diane

Who wouldnt want to meet mr repbot himself??????????

And if you check lews - you are now on there - but only if you bring your ..erm.. instrument !  

I like a bit of rock!!  :D

alef

MikeMadMonk is definitely coming, so we'll have to make an effort with organizing the tournies I guess. He always puts on highly organized events, whereas I think this might otherwise be more in the style of FIBS without TourneyBot, we'll just take turns shouting "5ptr anyone?"

resh_lakish

Shades

:o   I can post in the newsgroups alef... just give me the message you want to be displayed there and I will take care of it.. :lol:  
Never stand between a fire hydrant and a dog.

zdoc

Hi all,
I just booked a ticket to London - I'll arrive at Stansted Friday at 9 pm. I look forward to playing bg all weekend and seeing you all again :)  And.. i'll stay till sunday, plane's departing at 6:30 pm.. ehm.. alef can you add Amy to the wish list at the party-page :)
See you next month!
:wub:  Eric
"you can't save time, you can only do less"

alef

Excellent, zdoc, great to hear you're coming! Hardy has also just confirmed :-)

MikeMadMonk is bringing along some of his travelling bg sets to add to the prizes of t-shirts. But mainly I just imagine it to be a weekend of throwing dice and drinking  :beerdrinkers:  

diane

But unfortunately no football  :P

I am sure eating, drinking and playing backgammon will be enough though  :D

while i am posting - can i just make a small request re cameras.......they are fine when they point anywhere but at me!!

spielberg

Unfortunately family commitments now mean that I shall be unable to attend what appears to be a larger get together than the London Fibs 10th aniversary soiree.

Please move me from the "maybe" to the "wish" category alef - someone else will have to take the photos - now who's a talented photographer....

grillbill

I think you will have to move me to the 'maybe' board. Although I have promised myself for so long that I would come and meet up with you all and I will in the country 'down south' for once it seems that another commitment may interfere.  :(
Even though this one has only just cropped up I fear it may take presidence over the meet up for my own personal safety and wellbeing  ;)  I Hope more than anything else I can make it and will be sure to tell you as soon as I know!  

webrunner

We won't be there too (me and Hypnosa).
We don't have the funds right now :( :cry:  
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

grillbill

Saving up for the wedding and a new life? Choice between that and getting wasted in London a BG party? All I can say is I'm VERY disappointed with your priorities Web!!  :P  

webrunner

Let me just say to my defence that i have had a rough time in the last 1.5 years.... :(
If someone could spare us 3 plaintickets and a couple of beds i would naturally reconsider :)

Anyway.. i wish everybody a great fibs party! :beerdrinkers:  :2drunk:  :guitar:  :grouphug:  
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

zdoc

Hi All :D
I had a great time in London Last weekend - the venue was good - lost of nice players  and lots of fun :-) many thanks to diane, alef, and mike for organizing.
I've some pictures that will appear on hardy or alefs website or maybe both..
cheers!
zdoc
"you can't save time, you can only do less"

webrunner

PLease post a link to ths pictures here! :D  
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

diane

It was indeed a fun day - and thanks to all who came along and made it so  :D

It was a pleasure to run the event for you - thx for all your patience as we made somethings up as we went along  ;)  - and I shall certainly think about doing it again, next year perhaps.

By all means post the pics - cant wait - but make sure there are none of you know who  in there  :D