News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

All USA FIBS Party

Started by resh_lakish, November 21, 2004, 06:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resh_lakish

This morning there was discussion about an all fibs party somewhere in the US. Denver and Dallas were suggested because they are reasonably centrally located in the US and are interesting cities. What do you US fibsters think? Is there interest for such a get together? And should it be in the spring or summer?

snowflakes

Have it in Las Vegas and I'll be there!

Biggles

Oh God.....not in Denver......pa-leeeeeeze

I can already smell csg's dirty undies from here, and he's 1,000 miles away.  No FIBS nerds - just say NO.

Biggles (the most Popular Fibster)

[size=8]Winner of the inaugural Master League Tournament and countless other league and mini-tournaments......[/size]

resh_lakish

I suggest we do it by poll. People nominate some cities and we vote.  

NIHILIST

I suggest you look at a couple cities which are major airline hubs, for fare reasons. Two that come to mind are Chicago and Dallas.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

Zorba

Denver an interesting city?

So that's why it's in all the tourist guides! :eureka:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Feklhr

I would like to suggest Atlanta (cause my sis lives there ;) )
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

snowflakes

I love Hotlanta!  You make it Atlanta and I know for a fact Shuggie will fly across the big pond for it.

Lock up your daughters, mothers, and grandmothers if this goes down in Atlanta.

vegas_vic

Only place to have it is in NEW YORK CITY ,  at the ace point .
Also Joe on one leg cant make to anyother place but new york city .  

snowflakes

Anymore word on this?  Lets make this happen folks.  Here are my picks for cities:

Las Vegas
San Diego
Atlanta
Orlando

The Euro's are constantly putting these fibs parties together.  Lets show them what a real fibs party is like!  

Mookie

Hi, my vote is either Atlanta or Vegas.  At either place, we can make it a bit cheaper than New York.

mookie

lewscannon

QuoteHi, my vote is either Atlanta or Vegas.  At either place, we can make it a bit cheaper than New York.

mookie
Speak for yourself. It would be cheaper for me in NYC!

diane

I dont know what the time scales are - but in november, vegas will have a visit from a certain, erm, quiet and shy British female fibster.... ;)  you might want to factor that in and maybe suddenly NYC looks even more appealing  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Mookie

QuoteI dont know what the time scales are - but in november, vegas will have a visit from a certain, erm, quiet and shy British female fibster.... ;)  you might want to factor that in and maybe suddenly NYC looks even more appealing  :D
Well, hell, if we're figuring in when people will already be in New York, I'll be there exactly two weeks from today, having a drink with lewscannon and trying to visit with a few others.  Let's do it then.

Seriously, though, I think Las Vegas would be the most fun and would provide a location to which most everyone can find cheap flights and to which most everyone will need to travel, making it a fun vacation for all.  

Mookie, about whom I can not say enough

vegas_vic

I agree with Lews it would be cheaper for me also in New york , :))

Mookie what are your dates in new york ? i was thinking of leaving on around the 25or 27th of june , for the tourney in michingan . it happens june 30th - july 4th weekend ,

let me know ill try to over lap your visit and leave after :)

My vote is Santa Barbara California for the Fibs party :)  

socksey

Which gf was that you left in Santa Barbara, vic?  I left my heart in San Francisco, so I will vote for there.   ;)  Isn't Patti still there, also?

socksey

"Quote me as saying I was misquoted." - Groucho Marx

Mookie

I'll be in New York June 22-June 26.  Lewscannon is my social director for a drink or two on one of the evenings I'm there.  I'm staying somewhere near Times Square and since my son will be staying at the hotel while I'm out for a drink, I'm hoping that good ole lews won't mind coming in and telling me where to meet him for a drink.  He can post the time/place and see who can come along.

mookie, who will be at the braves-oakland game tonight.

Mookie

QuoteI left my heart in San Francisco, so I will vote for there.   ;)  Isn't Patti still there, also?

Actually, I think that's a really wonderful idea, socksey.   That is, to take the party to Patti.  While it's a long trip for the east coasters, New York would be a long trip for the Westies.  Make it a good date, and I'll be there.

And, for you, snowflakes, I'll be in Boston for five days in November.  Think we can get a drink?

mookie

wyzzz

B)

Vegas, Santa Barbara, SF or NYC...all sound great to me... :yes:

wyzzz

catch not lice on a tiger's head

lewscannon

QuoteI'll be in New York June 22-June 26.  Lewscannon is my social director for a drink or two on one of the evenings I'm there.  I'm staying somewhere near Times Square and since my son will be staying at the hotel while I'm out for a drink, I'm hoping that good ole lews won't mind coming in and telling me where to meet him for a drink.  He can post the time/place and see who can come along.

mookie, who will be at the braves-oakland game tonight.
I'm honored to be chosen as the social director of Mookie's tour of the great cheese factories of the NorthEast. I am trying to locate bars that serve Thunderbird or moonshine, so he'll feel at home

resh_lakish

So where and when is this great asseblage of august doodooheads?

Mookie

Hi,

I don't know where we'll meet, and it may not be a huge gathering.  Here's what I'll do.  I'll call lewscannon in the next several days, make sure that we pin in a time/date, and figure out a place to meet.  

mookie, who is bad luck for the braves

snowflakes

What if we do it during some backgammon event?  Isn't there a yearly tourney in vegas?  There is one in Boston every January.....but then who the hell wants to be in Boston in January?  Resh's diaper would freeze solid.  

diane

Well the tourney in November in Las vegas is my reason to be there - maybe I will see some of you ...other than zyx and resh of course  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

lewscannon

QuoteHi,

I don't know where we'll meet, and it may not be a huge gathering.  Here's what I'll do.  I'll call lewscannon in the next several days, make sure that we pin in a time/date, and figure out a place to meet.  

mookie, who is bad luck for the braves
Jeez, the guy already calls me 8 or 9 times a day just to ask me what i'm wearing

Shuggie

Wherever it is, depending on work commitments, I'll be there. And IF I can get my sister out of quarentine, she will too.

Don't hate me because I'm beautifull, just love me in that special way

Mookie

QuoteWherever it is, depending on work commitments, I'll be there. And IF I can get my sister out of quarentine, she will too.
Shuggie,

i'm sure your sister will come.  she always does.

mookie

snowflakes

QuoteWherever it is, depending on work commitments, I'll be there. And IF I can get my sister out of quarentine, she will too.
Shuggie,

i'm sure your sister will come.  she always does.

mookie
and multiple times.

Mookie November sounds like a plan.  Where will you be staying?  Maybe we can do lunch or dinner in the north end.  

Shuggie

November? I was supposed to be visiting NYC in June, but looks like November now. I'll be in ATL
a few days for Thanksgiving too.

Mookie you wanna show me your shoe collection then. I promise not to bail out this time.

Don't hate me because I'm beautifull, just love me in that special way

lewscannon

QuoteNovember? I was supposed to be visiting NYC in June, but looks like November now. I'll be in ATL

Mookie you wanna show me your shoe collection then. I promise not to bail out this time.
Mookie & Shuggie in NYC together in June? Time for Ashcroft to update the terror alert color to pink.

Mookie

Mookie November sounds like a plan.  Where will you be staying?  Maybe we can do lunch or dinner in the north end.
I don't know where I'll be in Boston, but it's for a week long conference in early November, so I'm sure we'll be in the dull section of town with all the convention hotels.  However, I've been in Boston enough to  know my way around, so we'll figure something out.  Plenty of time, and I don't plan on going on another Fibs' hiatus in the meantime.  Ever since this infection I got from Shuggie's sister cleared up, I've felt confident about everything.

mookie

Mookie

QuoteNovember? I was supposed to be visiting NYC in June, but looks like November now. I'll be in ATL
Heck, if you're in NYC while I'm in boston, one of us will have to take the train.  Best if you come up to Boston, and we hang with snowie.  

As for Thanksgiving, I'm almost always with my gf during Thanksgiving in Athens, GA, so I'll try to see you then.

mookie

Mookie

I'm confirmed for Boston Nov. 16-20th.  Snowie, I'll be at the Marriott Copley, but I'll be happy to leave campus and meet up somewhere.  Let's think about creating a gathering sometime that week.

mookie, Jewel's favorite fibster

socksey

I hope one of you guys knows how to operate a camera!   :P

socksey

"I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out." - Steven Wright