FIBS Party Deutschland 2005 ????

Started by Hardy_whv, February 14, 2005, 09:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Just did a google: Koln, Volkspark, Biergarten and find this Adress:

http://www.cologne-in.de/stadtplan/index.p...=7200&todo=show

And a nice panoramashot from the Biergarten.

http://www.locationsite.de/koeln/volksgarten.htm

Nice place to hear the dices hitting the woodboards..... :cool:  
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

Noah

Ich habe, fuer die Fibster die mit dem Bahn ins/nach Koln fahren, ein Angebot gefunden.

Deutsche Bahn kooperiert beim Ticket-Verkauf mit Lidl

Hamburg/Berlin (AP) Die Deutsche Bahn will erstmals mit dem deutschen Einzelhandel zusammenarbeiten und in Kürze besondere Billigtickets über den Discountriesen Lidl anbieten. Eine erste Testaktion werde es zwischen Donnerstag, 19. Mai und Samstag, 28. Mai geben, berichtete die Ã,«BildÃ,»-Zeitung (Freitagausgabe). Ein Bahn-Sprecher bestätigte den Bericht auf AP-Anfrage im Grundsatz und kündigte für den (morgigen) Freitag eine detaillierte Stellungnahme an.

Dem Bericht zufolge wird das bei Lidl bald angebotene Ticketheft 49,90 Euro kosten und zwei Fahrscheine für einfache Fahrten 2. Klasse auf jeder innerdeutschen Strecke enthalten. Der Kunde müsse nur noch seinen Namen, das Datum und die gewünschte Strecke eintragen, um das Ticket sofort benutzen zu können. Die Gültigkeit der Fahrkarten endet demnach am 3. Oktober.

For those who want to travel to Koln by train, i found an special offer..
Translated with: http://babelfish.altavista.com

German course cooperates with the ticket sales with Lidl Hamburg/Berlin (AP) the German course wants to co-operate for the first time with the German retail trade and to offer special cheap tickets shortly over the Discountriesen Lidl. A first test action will give, it between Thursday, 19 reported to May and Samstag, 28 May the "Bild" newspaper (expenditure for Friday). A course speaker confirmed the report on AP inquiry in the principle and announced for (tomorrow's) Friday a detailed statement. According to the report soon the ticket booklet offered with Lidl will cost 49.90 euro and two tickets for simple travels 2. Class on each German domestic distance contain. The customer must register only its names, the date and the desired distance, in order to be able to use the ticket immediately. The validity of the tickets therefore ends on 3 October./

Greetz Noah

Deurdonderen

erdbeere

und hier ein paar infos zumfibs-treffen am freitag (3.6.):

wir treffen uns ab 16.00 uhr, und zwar bei schlechtem wetter in der kneipe FILOS in der merowinger str. 42, bei schönem wetter im biergarten im volksgarten. der volksgarten liegt an der volksgartenstraße.
beides ist mit der straßenbahn (linien 15 und 16) und dem bus (linien 132 vom bahnhof) zu erreichen, haltestelle chlodwigplatz aussteigen.

infos zum samstag folgen in kürze von ramses.

wer mehr infos benötigt, kann sich gerne bei mir melden.

erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

erdbeere

and here are some informations for our fibsmeeting on friday (3.6.):

we will meet at 16.00. if the weather is bad, we meet in the pub FILOS in the merowinger street 42, if the weather is good, in the beergarden of the volksgarten, which is in the volksgartenstreet.
both can be reached by tram (line 15 and 16) or by bus (line 132 from the station). get off at the stop chlodwigplatz.

infos for saturday will be told you soon by ramses.

if you need more informations, please ask me.

erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

jule

An die OrganisatorInnen,

zwei Dinge, die mir zum Treffen einfallen:
1. Gibt es eine Teilnehmerliste? Vielleicht könnten einige sich zu Fahrgemeinschaften zusammen schliessen oder günstigere Zugfahrkarten lösen.

2. Kann einer von Euch eine Handy Nummer angeben, für den Fall, dass jemand in Köln sich verläuft oder verfährt  - ich selbst mache mit dem Auto meistens die Drei-Brückentour... ist sicher für die Düsseldorfer auch so vorgesehen :-)

and the same in English:

two things to add from my side:
1. Do we have a list who will be there. It might be helpful for joint travel to cologne (getting cheaper train tickets or take only one car..)

2. Would be nice to have a mobile no for the day of the meeting - cause it is easy to get lost in Cologne (specially if you are coming from Düsseldorf like me).

Jule

Hardy_whv

Hallo Jule (& alle anderen),

war gerade sowieso dabei eine Teilnehmerliste  zu compilieren  :D Bei erdbeere und/oder mir haben sich bis dato angemeldet:

Noah (NL), Ramses, amarganth (CH), diane, zdoc (NL), houtx, BushSucks, sidie (CH), erdbeere, Hardy_whv, cis, inim, jule, Paul_William (UK), samirah (CH), Nutsch, Schigloch, Superfly_Jon (UK), michaelsw, Patrixia (NL), lene und CornCob.

Noch mit "? " versehen: Sixta_II, weaky und jant (NL).

Meine Erfahrung ist, dass viele eher spontan kommen und sich nicht "ordentlich" anmelden  :(

Zu der Frage nach der Tel-Nr.:

Da der erste Tag ja Schlecht- und Gut-Wetter-Lokalität vorsieht, biete ich an - quasi als "on-short-notice-SMS-service" - kurzfristig per SMS bescheid zu geben, welche Alternative zum Tragen kommt. Wer an diesem Service teilnehmen möchte, maile mir bitte seine Handy-Nr. an webmaster@hardyhuebener.de. Im Gegenzug erhält man dann meine Handy-Nr.

Was hier noch fehlt ist die Angabe des Veranstaltungsortes am Samstag. Die folgt in Kürze - ein wenig Geduld noch.

Ein letzter Hinweis noch: Damit wir auch ordentlich Backgammon spielen können, bringt doch bitte ausreichend Boards mit!

Bis bald,

Euer Hardy  B)

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

Hi Jule (and everyone else),

erdbeere and myself had been compiling a participants list: Noah (NL), Ramses, amarganth (CH), diane, zdoc (NL), houtx, BushSucks, sidie (CH), erdbeere, Hardy_whv, cis, inim, jule, Paul_William (UK), samirah (CH), Nutsch, Schigloch, Superfly_Jon (UK), michaelsw, Patrixia (NL), lene and CornCob.

Not sure yet are Sixta_II, weaky und jant (NL).

My experience is, that a lot of people pop up at the party without "properly" announcing their participation  :wacko:

Concerning your question for the mobile phone number: As for the first day (friday) we have two locations (one for good, one for bad weather), I am offerning an "on-short-notice-SMS-service", with which I would provide information if the good or bad weather option is taken. If you are interested in that service, send me an eMail to webmaster@hardyhuebener.de. You will get, in return, my mobile phone number. So in case you are lost in Koeln or have any additional questions, you can call me.

Whats still missing here is an information about the location for Saturday. This will be published soon!

And please do not forget to bring your boards with you. We want to play some BACKGAMMON  :D

Looking forward to meeting you soon,

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Ramses

Hallo miteinander,

für den Samstag ist das Rheingold vorgesehen. Das ist im Barthonia-Forum an der Venloer Strasse ( ehemaliges 4711- Gelände).
Erreichbar mit Linie 3 und 4 Haltestelle Piusstrasse dann noch 150 -200 m die Strasse hoch und dann links rein.
Nähere Infos folgen noch wohl auch mit Fotos.
Es istein Kneipenrestaurant mit gutem Essen zu brauchbaren Preisen und einem kleinen Biergarten davor.

Hello all,

for Saturday it will be the Rheingold, which is located at the Barthonia-Forum (forme 4711-Area).
You will reach it by Subway with Line 3 or 4. travel to Stop Piusstrasse and then follow the Venloerstrasse 150-200 m to the west and you will find the Forum to your lefthand side.
Its a Bar-restaurant with good affordable food and a little beergarden in front.
I hope i find time the next days to give you more precise info and some photos.

greetings
Ramses

coriend

Hi all

Lots of fun at the fibsmeeting !! I wish i could come too, its only 2.5 hours away from where i live but i can't....

So have fun and dont drink too much beer in the biergarten
:P  

Hardy_whv

QuoteI wish i could come too, its only 2.5 hours away from where i live but i can't....

So have fun and dont drink too much beer in the biergarten.
Hi coriend,

we will definetivly enjoy the party, but it would be more fun with  you. We chose the location close to the dutch border, so YOU can participate ....  :tears:

Perhaps next time ...   :rolleyes:

Hardy

Hardy_whv

Hallo allerseits,

die Party rückt immer näher. Eine kurze Zusammenfassung zu Orten/Zeiten gibt es in Kürze. Hier erst einmal eine kurze Erklärung des Turniermodus am Samstag, damit sich jeder seelisch darauf vorbereiten kann ;-)

1. Erst einmal werden 5 Matche (á 5 Punkte) im Swiss Modus gespielt. Die Paarungen in der ersten Runde ergeben sich aus einer Auslosung. Danach spielen stets Spieler mit der Anzahl gleicher Siege gegeneinander. Aus der ersten Runde ergeben sich 50% Spieler mit einem Sieg und 50% mit null Siegen. In der zweiten Runde ergeben sich die Paarungen also zwischen Spielern mit einem Sieg, und Paarungen aus Spielern ohne Sieg. usw, usw.

Das heisst also, dass jeder mindestens 5 Spiele spielt.

2. Die besten 8 Spieler der Swiss-Runde spielen in der Hauptrunde (Main)  gegeneinander um den Gesamtsieg, die nächsten 8 Spieler spielen in der Trostrunde (Consolation)  weiter. Beide Runden sind als KO-System ausgelegt (Single Elimination). Wer ein Spiel verloren hat, ist raus. In Haupt- und Trostrunde gehen die Matche um 5 Punkte, das Finale um 7 Punkte.

3. In der Hauptrunde wird auch der dritte Platz ermittelt. Hierzu spielen beiden Verlierer der 2. Runde der Main ein 5-Punkt-Match gegeneinander.

4. Die Wertung im Swiss erfolgt wie folgt:
a. Erste Größe ist die Anzahl der Siege, die ein Spieler in den 5 Spielen erspielt hat.
b. Wenn zwei Spieler die selbe Anzahl Siege hat, wird nach der Buchholz-Wertung unterschieden. Die Buchholz-Wertung jedes Spielers ergibt sich aus der Summe der Siege aller Gegner, gegen die man gespielt hat.
c. Wenn zwei Spieler auch nach der Buchholz-Wertung noch die selbe Wertung haben, und sich daraus entscheidet, ob man in Haupt- oder Trostrunde spielt oder ganz raus ist, so spielen die betroffenen Spieler ein Match auf 3 Punkte gegeneinander. (Dieses Spiel ist also nur notwendig, wenn sich hierdurch Platz 8/9 oder 16/17 entscheiden, die Grenzen von Main zu Consolation oder von Consolation zu ausgeschieden.)

5. Es gelten die international üblichen Backgammon Regeln, also mit Doppler-Würfel, Gammons/Backgammons zählen, die Crawford-Regel gilt. Im Falle von Unstimmigkeiten, entscheidet das Organisationskommitee.

So, das ganze mag zwar recht kompliziert klingen, wenn man es aber erst einmal miterlebt hat, ists eigentlich ganz einfach. Ihr werdet sehen.
Ich würde die Matche, insbesondere in Main und Consolation, gerne um mehr Punkte spielen lassen, aber erfahrungsgemäß kommen wir sonst zeitlich in Bredouille. Im Turnier bitte ich alle zügig zu spielen und die Resultate mir unverzüglich mitzuteilen, damit es schnell mit der nächsten Runde weitergehen kann.

Preise  gibt es für die Plätze 1 bis 3 in der Main und die besten zwei Spieler in der Consolation. Der Gewinner der Main erhält zudem den FIBS-Party-Wanderpokal, der auf der Party 2006 erneut ausgespielt wird. Modalitäten, wann der Wanderpokal fest in den Besitz eines Spielers übergeht kann im Beitrag "*** FIBS Party in Berlin: 21.5.-23.5.2004 ***" nachgelesen werden. Ausserdem hab ich eine kleine ÃÅ"berraschung für die weiteste Anreise.

Freue mich schon auf Freitag/Samstag. Bis denne,

Hardy  B)

P.S.: Mindestens 50% aller FIBSter sollten ein Backgammonboard dabei haben, sonst kriegen wir im Turnier Probleme  :D

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

Hi everyone,

in a few days we will finally come together in Köln. A summary on dates/times/locations will be given here soon. With this message I wanna inform you about the rules for the tournament on Saturday:

1. First, all Players will play 5 rounds (of 5-point matches) in a Swiss mode . The first pairing will be decided by draw, in the next rounds, players are paired by the amount of matches won.

2. The 8 best players of the Swiss round will proceed to the Main , players ranked 9 to 16 will play the Consolation . Both main and consolation are K.O.-systems (single elimination), the player who loses a match is out. Matches in main and consolation are 5-point matches, the finals are 7-pointers.

3. For the main, also the third place is played for (by the losers of round 2 of the main). This match is a 5-pointer.

4. Ranking in the Swiss round is established as follows:
4a. Amount of matches won.
4b. If players are equal in the amount of matches won, the Buchholz-Value is evaluated. Buchholz is calculated as the sum of the amount of won matches by all opponents played against in the Swiss.
4c. If players are still equal after Buchholz, and this is deciding for place 8/9 (border between main and consolation) or 16/17 (border of consolation or out of the tournament), a match of 3 points is played by those players.

5. The tournament is played according the international rules of backgammon. Doubling cube is used, Gammons / Backgammons count (regardless the position of the doubling cube), Crawford rule applies. In case, two players donââ,¬â,,¢t agree, the organizing committee will take the decision.

If all that sounds toooo complicated, its probably due to my poor english :wacko:  The system itself is simple. You will see!

I would like to play longer matches in main and consolation, but I fear we will run out of time otherwise. I ask everyone participating in the tournament, to play fluently and report results immediately, so the next round can be prepared/started.

Prices  will be given to the 3 best players in the main, and the 2 best players of the consolation. Also I have a little present for the FIBSter, who had to travel the farthest distance to Köln. Additionally the winner of the main receives the ââ,¬Å"FIBS Party Challenge Cupââ,¬Â.

Seeing you soon in Köln,

Hardy  B)

P.S.: At least 50% of all players should have a backgammon board with them, otherwise we have a bottleneck during the tournament  :(

socksey

Wow!  That is going to be SOME party in the Deutschland!  So many of my favorite people with be there!  Makes me wish I lived on that continent!   ;)

I know you guys (and girls) will have a great time!  Cheers!

socksey

"Once you love, you cannot take it back, cannot undo it. What you felt may have changed, shifted slightly, yet still remains love." - Whitney Otto

adamosad

QuoteAlso I have a little present for the FIBSter, who had to travel the farthest distance to Köln.

Socksey, if you decided to go, you would definitely get that gift :D  

Hardy_whv

Hallo allerseits,

hier die versprochene ÃÅ"bersicht der Ereignisse

Freitag, 03. Juni
Start: ab 16:00
Was: Lockeres Beisammensein, mit oder ohne Backgammon, in jedem Fall mit viel Spaß und guter Laune
 - Prima Wetter: Biergarten im Volksgarten, Volksgartenstraße
 - Schlechtes / unsicheres Wetter: Kneipe ââ,¬Å¾FILOSââ,¬Å", Merowingerstr. 42

Samstag, 04. Juni
Start: Treffen ab 13:00, Turnierbeginn 14:00 ! (P.S.: Die Kneipe öffnet erst um 13:00. Wer also früher kommt, steht vor der Tür.)
Was: Turnier um dem FIBS-Party-Wanderpokal (und weitere Preise); anschl. Chouettes, Diskussionen, etc.

P.S.: Wer am Turnier teilnehmen möchte, sei bitte pünktlich (Samstag, 14:00)!
P.P.S.: Wegbeschreibungen bitte den obenstehenden Beiträgen von erdbeere und Ramses entnehmen.
P.P.P.S: Derzeit ist die Wettervorhersage - nach tropischem Wetter am vergangenen Wochenende - nicht sehr erbaulich. Vermutlich wird die Entscheidung über die Freitags-Lokalität schon am Mittwoch fallen. erdbeere wird die Entscheidung dann hier posten.

Bis (sehr) bald,

Hardy  :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

here as promised a short Summary on dates, times and locations

Friday, 3rd June
Start-time:  from 16:00 on
Program:  There is NO specific program. We just talk, have a beer (or two), maybe play some backgammon and improve backgammon in general, FIBS and the world ;-)
  - 1A summer weather: Biergarten im Volksgarten (=ââ,¬Å"beergardenââ,¬Å"), Volksgartenstraße
 - Bad / doubtful wheather: Café/Restaurant ââ,¬Å¾FILOSââ,¬Å", Merowingerstr. 42

Saturday, 04th June

Start: Come-together around 13:00, Start of the tourney 14:00 ! (P.S.: The Cafe does not open before 13:00. If you are early, you wont get in.)
Program: Tournament for the ââ,¬Å¾FIBS-Party Challenge Cupââ,¬Å" (and other prices); afterwards Chouettes, Talks, etc.
Location: Cafe/Restaurant ââ,¬Å¾Rheingoldââ,¬Å", Barthonia-Forum, Venloer Strasse

P.S.: If you want to participate in the tournament, please be there not later than 14:00 (Saturday)!
P.P.S.: For way descriptions have a look for erdbeereââ,¬â,,¢s and Ramsesââ,¬â,,¢ posts (12th and 14th May)
P.P.P.S: Presently the weather forecasts are poor. Probably the decision about the friday location will be taken Wednesday already. erdbeere will post the decision here.

Cu very soon,

Hardy_whv

Hallo allerseits,

anfgrund des aktuellen Wetters, der Prognose für die nächsten Tage und dem Wunsch der Kneipenbetreiber nach einer verbindlichen Zu-/Absage, haben wir uns für Freitag  jetzt endgültig auf die Schlechtwetteralternative festgelegt:

Kneipe ââ,¬Å¾FILOSââ,¬Å", Merowingerstr. 42

Sorry für alle Biergartenfans. Bier gibts allerdings auch im Filos, auch kann man draussen sitzen, allerdings nicht so idyllisch wie im Biergarten.  :beerdrinkers:

Gruß,

Hardy  B)

Hello everyone,

due to the current weather and the forecast for the next days, we had to make our decision. On Friday  we will meet in the

Café/Restaurant ââ,¬Å¾FILOSââ,¬Å", Merowingerstr. 42

Sorry, its not a "Biergarten", but one can sit outside there as well and they do have good beer there too   :beerdrinkers:

Cu soon,

Noah

Na schön is dass..

Komme gerade aus Volksgarten und kann mich nicht vorstellen dass es da morgen schlechtes Wetter gibt. Na ja das kalte Kölsch da hat mir im Sonne sehr geschmackt und werde euch dann morgen im Kneipe ââ,¬Å¾FILOSââ,¬Å" treffen...

Freue mich darauf...

Noah

Deurdonderen

wyzzz

Have a super time guys.. :wub:

darn it!!!!  I will be in Germany  mid August... :(

oh maybe the next get together I can attend... :D

I wish you fun fun fun...k k k ...

to all  ..the best of all things..... :yes:

Wyzzz

True friendship is clear like water
False friendship is sweet like honey

spielberg

I trust all had a good time and look forward to the photos. I'll happily edit them:"de-red eye" , labels etc. just message me - or shout at me on FIBS.

In return you can brief me on current Deutschland politique - who is Ms.Merkel ? (a not entirely serious question there)

Ramses

Hi Spielberg!

The party was really great and i think most of us had fun.
But sorry can not help you in politics. Never heard of an Ms Merkel :wacko:  and hope i will never hear in future.:uhuh:
Ramses  

Ramses

And a special and heartly Thanks to Hardy for the perfect organisation of the tourney.
Great work Hardy!  :cool:

Thank you  :)

Ramses

adamosad

I heard that the party was GREAT and I heard some tourney results too. That Amarganth took the 1st place and Noah the 4th. Nothing more  :(

Anyone who can tell us the complete results?