News:

Become a VIP .....appreciate Fibsboard? don't like ads, Y not http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Slickwill/bladerunner Remembered

Started by alef, September 29, 2005, 06:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alef

I just received news that SlickWill has died of a stroke, aged only 49. We chatted a little after he designed the FIBS t-shirt, though I can't say I knew him well. Based on his shouts I'd say he was a true Fibster, certainly eccentric and frequently online. He had a great eye for design, all of his t-shirt submissions were impressive:
http://www.alef.co.uk/fibs/archive/tshirtdesigns/

The news of his death has reached me through Carol Joy Cole. She has been selling the remaining FIBS shirts and SlickWill's family have contacted her to request a batch of them. I'll get a message up on fibs.com for him shortly.

webrunner

Wow, that is bad news, and so young! :o
My sympathy goes out to his family. I wish them strength in these hard times.

I would also like to thank Alef for posting this message here and making us aware of this great loss.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

tryout

My condolences to his family.

49 is far too young. It's a shame that he had to go so soon.

I didn't know that the design on the FIBS-T-shirts comes from him. Really nice one!

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

Mookie

What sad news!  While I certainly didn't know him well enough to use the label "friend" (which I take very seriously), I enjoyed every encounter I had with him over the years.  Nice person--amiable and kind.  I'll have a drink for him tonight.

mookie

vegasvic

Very sad in deed , i know socksey did not mean it seriously when she said death to all droppers , and as we know slick was in a class all on his own.

Will and i have spoken many times and i know he was having a hard time as of agust , but this comes as a total suprise.

He had forwarded his we url to me long ago. Had his work samples in it at that time but now just a bio and some pictures if you are interested her it is

www.theartofwill.com

Once you are there you have to click on the letter W then the password to get in is will2

He will be missed he was a wonderful addition to fibs i will miss my Bro !!

Hope he is in a better place .

socksey

:(   So sorry to lose another good friend.  Slick Willy was one of a kind and if you really knew him, you know him to be a very nice man.  As for dropping, it was my experience that he always had good reasons.

Be it known, when I shout "Death to droppers!", I am kidding and never to be taken seriously.  Did anyone ever take it differently?

Rest in peace, dear Slick Willy, aka, SlickWill/Replicant/Bladerunner and many more, I'm sure.  You will be sorely missed.

socksey

"Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.  If you're alive, it isn't." - Richard Bach

Feklhr

I must share the comment made by leon last night...when he found out about Will's untimely demise due to a stroke, he asked who he was playing.
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

mrbond

My deepest sympathy and condolences to Slick's family! :(

When you arrive at Heaven's Gate, slick, make sure you cube Saint Peter, (or whoever's at the gates).  ;)

R.I.P, SlickWill.
That will be shaken, not, stirred!

manolo

Hello everyone, I'm manolo, Will's (SlickWill, Replicant, BladeRunner -also his favourite movie) twin brother. I just wanted to thank everyone following this announcement for your good thoughts and for remembering my dear brother. Perhaps some of you played with him, like I did, sometimes while talking over the speaker phone at the same time to be able to play more comfortably. He showed me a lot of things; like I wrote to Alef, it was indeed a lot of fun! I hope you guys also had a good time playing and chating with him!
Thank you again for remembering him, long live Will!

adamosad

My condolences and sympathy to his family. He was indeed too young :(

wyzzz

Bladerunner....I pray you can frolic where you are now... :rolleyes:

I enjoyed your sharp wit and the wild times we shared on fibs. :P

Know as fact....as you told me so often .... :blink:  .lol...I was robbed by those dice too... :lol:

RIP dear friend.  :(  ..... ..but do be wild too...    :)

:yes:  to you

wyzzz

nilla

Im very sad to hear this bad news :(
Will was always a great friend of mine and we have chatted quite a lot during the years.

I give all my condolences to Wills family.

Rest in peace dear Will
Nilla

....for the world you are someone but for someone you are the world...