News:

thx MAffi Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, captainmubbers, aviator, Anonymous, Tom, roygbiv  yyy , Michael  r_monk Jade & Linus  our latest VIP donors/subscribers..cheers! they get to see special links & articles and gain much kudos.:) join them at http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

I Wonder How...

Started by claudio_first, March 25, 2006, 05:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claudio_first

I wonder how is possible for a player have 2 different reputation from RepBot.

One visible with Parlorplay and anotherone visible with Javafibs or Cocoa.

I'm not yet tested with Win or 3D fibs.

Could someone of the Menagement of Fibs tell me something about that?

Thanks

P.S. I've got the pictures  B)  

webrunner

Let us see them please.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

claudio_first

Thanks for the quick reply

Hardy_whv

Hi Claudio!

QuoteI wonder how is possible for a player have 2 different reputation from RepBot.

Could someone of the Menagement of Fibs tell me something about that?

Firstly: RepBot is just an independant bot that is logging in as a normal user (or other bot). It has nothing to do with FIBS. So asking the "FIBS management" wont help.

Secondly: If you (or your FIBS client) ask RepBot for a players reputation, it will give you the current reputation. That is independant of the client you use. So usually there is only ONE answer possible. If you get two different replies, perhaps the reputation for that player changed in the meantime.
I do not know how ParlorPlay implemeted the reputation inquiry. Perhaps it uses a database of RepBot reputations (i.o.t. provide a reputation even if RepBot is not online) and doesn't update this database frequently enough?

Hardy  B)

Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

socksey

The management of Fibs has nothing to do with ANY of the bots.  Please DO NOT bother Fibs management with questions about ANY of the bots.  Owners of bots will be found by using whois command for any of them.  

Thank you.....................socksey

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln

claudio_first

Sorry Socksey if I bother you and somebody else..

Is just to ask if.. is.. (write here everything you prefere)

webrunner

I don't mind  you asking questions Claudio, that is what the forum is for!

Can you reproduce the error?
Is it the same difference all the time?
Give us some more info please.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

diane

QuoteThe management of Fibs has nothing to do with ANY of the bots.  Please DO NOT bother Fibs management with questions about ANY of the bots.  Owners of bots will be found by using whois command for any of them.  

I think that may have come across a little wrong in translation. You are right to ask here - but Patti does not appreciate questions about repbot - and is considered the 'management'  :rolleyes:
At this forum there is always someone who will try to answer questions - but we do need more information - I, for one, still cant quite see the problem, please tell us more.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

QuoteSorry Socksey if I bother you and somebody else..

No need to apologize, Claudio!   ;)   This is the place to ask questions for sure.  Please forgive me if I seemed harsh.  

It's just that Patti threatened to remove repbot because of the bother, so I just wanted to reiterate that the bots have nothing to do with the running of Fibs.  It's because I love repbot and want to see it stay, that I jumped in so quickly without enough explaination.

As for me, I don't mind being asked anything, and will certainly help when I can.  I just don't happen to know the answer to this one.  I'm sure someone else may help you, tho.   :cool:

Please give us more information as others have asked.   :)  

socksey

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" ââ,¬â€œ Anonymous

claudio_first

Done it.
All clear.

My mistake. I havent seen an underscore like this     _  

I'm gonna change my glasses!

Is better mine misundertanding than someone could modify Repbot

Claudio

P.S. In any case a bad looser remain a bad looser ;)

NIHILIST

I don'tmean to offend any of you, just STFU.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

claudio_first

Hi all,

a liitle explanation why I've posted on forum.
In the team (EU_IT_Team part of Eurogammon Teams) which I belong we have the Captain and Admin to rule the team's life. We have poll every year to choose the admis and when something is or seems strange we go diretcly to them and/or we can post on our forum.

Here I don't konw, except Patty and Webrunner, who are the Admins if there are..
That's why I posted directly.

The explanations are arrived and I have posted my reply.

Thanks to all.

Claudio

webrunner

No worries Claudio, that is what the forum is here for!
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |