News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

2 Javafibs Questions

Started by snowjake, July 22, 2006, 10:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowjake

I'm trying to get serious about learning how to use JavaFIBS. It sucks. I lose games and it's really slow.

Is there a way to get help onto paper on Java FIBS or can it only be done from the screen? I can't find out how to print the Help instructions.

How, on JavaFIBS can I invite someone to finish a saved game? I can only invite someone to play.

maria

To invite someone to resume, the command is:
inv USERNAME
with no match length

KDP

if you're not happy with the javafibs try 3dfibs.  ive found it to be the most user friendly client available as well as having probably the largest game board out there.  repbot is already integrated into it, meaning when someone invites you, you automatically see their rep and the # of saved games they have.  give it a try. :yes:  

Hardy_whv

I've probably tried all user interfaces for FIBS. IMHO JavaFIBS2001 is the best! DelFibs, a new client introduced on FIBS board recently might be a strong contender.

You complain, that JavaFIBS is slow. On any normal computer, JavaFIBS should be as fast as reqired. Is it really JavaFIBS that is slow, or is it perhaps the connection (yours or that of your opponent) that is slow. In case of a slow connection, JavaFIBS can't be faster than the connection.

Very time consuming processes running on your computer might interfere with JavaFIBS (and any other application). If I run GNUBG in the background to analyze my last match for instance, this is slowing down other processes on the computer. In that case give the time consuming processes a lower priority.

With regards to your question how to invite a player to resume a match: If you select the players list window of JavaFIBS, there is a dropdown list titled "Pts:"

There you have to select "Resume". Then you select the player you want to invite in the players list and press the following button (marked by a red circle):

Often you will not see all players who are presently online in that list. You will find guidance to deal with that problem in my article FIBS-Problem: I Can't See All Players.

Hope this helped!

Yours,

Hardy   B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

snowjake

I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I meant to say I was pllaying on Parlor Play and PP sucks and is slow. I'm enjoying using JavaFIBS and I want to learn to use it better.

burper

I'm having trouble logging into fibsboard and posting. Could someone kindly reply with some instructions?

Hardy_whv

QuoteI'm having trouble logging into fibsboard and posting. Could someone kindly reply with some instructions?

FIBS board law no. 1: Jokes must be labelled with a  :lol:  or  :D  or  :P

Hardy   B)  
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"