News:

thx MAffi Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, captainmubbers, aviator, Anonymous, Tom, roygbiv  yyy , Michael  r_monk Jade & Linus  our latest VIP donors/subscribers..cheers! they get to see special links & articles and gain much kudos.:) join them at http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Filters

Started by diane, August 29, 2006, 06:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

We have an increasing number of players logging on now using mobile phones, and for the most they are part just a headache.  I have 8 saved games now - just from these players - they lose connection continually and are very annoying to play.  The way the player list is currently set up the client is the last piece of information and I cant see it on the screen easily, and scrolling across to find out that information is tedious (of course not as tedious as playing them  ;) ). The client is easily recognisable though - and it would be a whole lot less hassle if I could just specifiy not to see invites from players with that client - a bit like the villains list works now - but without the hassle of having to watch each newbie and manually enter to the villains list them if they are on mobiles.

I have always played with newbies happily - as long as they are short matches - because they find it difficult to find matches with players who arent droppers generally - and I want them to have positive experiences at FIBS in the early stages, but with this wave of newbies coming in on phones, at the moment I am tending to ignore them all.

Is this a big piece of work - and is it possible it could be implemented?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

cthulhu

Try moving the client-coloumn more to the left so you see it on screen at all times?

There will not be any filter for ignoring users with certain clients. Sorry.