News:

thx MAffi Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, captainmubbers, aviator, Anonymous, Tom, roygbiv  yyy , Michael  r_monk Jade & Linus  our latest VIP donors/subscribers..cheers! they get to see special links & articles and gain much kudos.:) join them at http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Bad Reputation

Started by hillux, September 09, 2006, 03:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillux

I have a bad reputation! Apparently I have 27 complaints from the same person, however I can not find them on the server ever. Not sure what this is about, I have a saved game with them that I would like to play. Is there anyway to sort this out?

maria

You can't have 27 complaints from the same person.
When using RepBot, you can only vouch or complain once for a player.
Okay burper, correct me AGAIN.
I know I'm always wrong.

hillux

This is what I get from repbot list
hillux complainers: [Gackbammon*, twentyseven] vouchers: [tine] complaints: [cyrillus*] vouches: [] (23 saved games)  

hillux

And what is the difference between a complainer and a complaint?

maria

According to RepBot you have 23 saved games.
One of the players who complained about you is named twentyseven.
That doesn't mean Gackbammon  complained 27 times.

hillux

Thank you. Does that mean my bad rep is due to the saved games? Just tried to catch one of them but they logged off after I had auto-invited them!

maria

QuoteThank you. Does that mean my bad rep is due to the saved games? Just tried to catch one of them but they logged off after I had auto-invited them!
The bad reputation is due to the fact that 2 people complained about you.
If you do have saved games with those 2 people,and you resume with them, maybe you can ask them to withdraw their complaints.
Another way to get rid of that bad reputation is to have someone vouch for you.
I'm offering vouches for the ridiculously low rate of $27,000 each!
A bargain at any price!
And don't forget, vouch for mookie.

socksey

A complainer is who complained about you.  A complaint is who you complained about.

If you're a dropper, maria will vouch for you!  :lol:

socksey

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." - Spike Milligan

diane

QuoteAnd what is the difference between a complainer and a complaint?
A complainer is someone who complained about you, a complaint is a complaint you registered against another player (same format for vouching).  You have one voucher (tine) and you havent vouched for anyone - maybe you want to think about politely asking players who beat you for a vouch. and vouching for players who you would recommend to other players.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

maria

QuoteA complainer is who complained about you.  A complaint is who you complained about.

If you're a dropper, maria will vouch for you!  :lol:

socksey

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." - Spike Milligan
With great gusto and vivacity !!!
BECAUSE I feel that someone who is labeled as a dropper may be being falsely accused.
For every dropper there is a droppee and on FIBS, we have no way of knowing which is which.
Or witch if one of the droppers/droppee is me.

diane

QuoteBECAUSE I feel that someone who is labeled as a dropper may be being falsely accused.
For every dropper there is a droppee and on FIBS, we have no way of knowing which is which.
I personally think you caused Dan (boby, D_man etc) to be abusive and then drop you,  by your excessive niceness  :lol:  :lol: Seriously - there are a lot of droppers out there - and whilst I wholeheartedly support looking out for newbee repbot 'victims' - it would also be nice if you accept that some people are genuinely only trying to warn others about a new dropper on the block.  Could you add a little discernment in to that recipe - do you think??  ;)

maria

Could you add a little discernment in to that recipe - do you think??  ;) [/quote]
How about some oregano instead?
I'm still waiting for burper to add his dash of bitters.

lewscannon

Has anyone else noticed that all the authorities on complaints & complainers are women?

spielberg

I was pretending not to as I am a misogynist who has seen the error of his ways.

diane

QuoteHas anyone else noticed that all the authorities on complaints & complainers are women?
And that the men are, as usual, clueless.....   ;)  

lewscannon

QuoteHas anyone else noticed that all the authorities on complaints & complainers are women?
Clueless about what?

diane

Clueless about what?
It's ok poppet, dont trouble yerself  :lol: