News:

Check out the small but well formed 'Campaigns' board --we all feel strongly about something: alert us to a campaign, add a poll - be concise, and aware of strong editorial ;)

Main Menu

Idea for improvement

Started by andreas_graf, September 29, 2006, 08:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreas_graf

It would be great to add another tab "tourney" besides system, friends and villains. When you have matches to play (league, FLGTY, ...) you could add all the players where you have open matches to play in that tab - if you do it all in the friends tab it is to many names listed. Another one could be "club", ...
Thanks Andreas
Andreas

diane

That does sound rather a good idea, I colour the people I have to play matches with in a different colour (usually red) to help distinguish them, that way - when a player coloured red logs in - I see them straight away, and know what I am looking for them for. Another tab would be a further help, and perhaps a different sound when they log in - if they are on that separate tab.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tomawaky

Quote from: diane on September 29, 2006, 08:50:01 PM
That does sound rather a good idea, I colour the people I have to play matches with in a different colour (usually red) to help distinguish them, that way - when a player coloured red logs in - I see them straight away, and know what I am looking for them for. Another tab would be a further help, and perhaps a different sound when they log in - if they are on that separate tab.

I do the same diane with same color :ohmy:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Peyo

Good ideas.

Personally I also use the command line with, for example, "waitfor riri fifi loulou"

This way you also get a message when either player logs in.

Zorba

Yes, that would be a useful feature for me too!  :thumbsup: However, is there any chance at all of new developments in JavaFIBS?  :unsure:

What I miss most is an easy way to see that players have toggled "away". This should be in the players' list I think, like nearly all other clients do. Related to that, JavaFIBS might give a message when you're trying to contact someone who is away (FIBS itself does this), so you know why you may not be getting an answer anytime soon!
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

don

The opposite is also true, Zorba.  javaFIBS should duplicate FIBS' own response when another users sends a tell or message, ie. that the message or tell is not delivered due to the dreaded permagag.  This feature of javaFIBS has been abused by many.  A FIBS' client should conform wherever possible to the specs in the FIBS' CLIP documentation.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

cthulhu

Quote from: Zorba on April 24, 2007, 10:46:09 AM
What I miss most is an easy way to see that players have toggled "away". This should be in the players' list I think, like nearly all other clients do. Related to that, JavaFIBS might give a message when you're trying to contact someone who is away (FIBS itself does this), so you know why you may not be getting an answer anytime soon!

FIBS doesn't send out when ppl toggle away so JF would have to constantly ask the server for updates to keep track on who is away of not. I'm sure you understand why I'm not so keen on doing that. If other clients using the CLIP show away ppl you can be certain that their status isn't correct most of the time.  Use the "away" command without any addendum to see everyone away along with their message.

cthulhu

Quote from: don on April 29, 2007, 04:56:24 AM
The opposite is also true, Zorba.  javaFIBS should duplicate FIBS' own response when another users sends a tell or message, ie. that the message or tell is not delivered due to the dreaded permagag.  This feature of javaFIBS has been abused by many.  A FIBS' client should conform wherever possible to the specs in the FIBS' CLIP documentation.

In what way is the "permagag" feature abused? I noticed that people who notice that they are being gagged starts to harass the gagging person the best way they can so why on earth would I let ppl know they are gagged? Besides, the "permagag" isn't using any FIBS command so there isn't any CLIP spec to follow.  B)

wintom

How about automatic RepBot tells on Invitation? How about solving the "I can't see all players" problem (described here: http://www.hardyhuebener.de/engl/artikel/fibs-timeout-problem.html) by automating the "set sortwho-who"-process? Ah, and converting resumed matches doesn't work (at least on my MacBook).
Just details... The proggy is great :applaus:

Greetings,
wintom
The Backgammon Blog: Graswurzel Backgammon