News:

NEW! Get all Tourneybot Results from the new Board here: http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/

Main Menu

world championship

Started by burper, February 17, 2004, 04:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burper

I've been thinking that maybe all the TD's could coordinate a huge tourney. Something where a player signs up for 1 timezone and plays in that timezone's bracket, but then that feeds down to an ultimate championship. Could be an annual affair!

How spread out are our TD's by timezone? I am in EDT/New York time.

alef

It's an interesting idea. Perhaps rather than strictly the same timezone, simply the same band of time. My late evenings (GMT) on FIBS are the same as lunch breaks in California and the Australian parent Fibsters rising early to feed their little ones...

So maybe divide the 24 hour day into 8 slots of 3 hours and see if you can find a TD to cover each?

Isn't there a FIBS command to see the number of players online in different times?

JonJon

That sounds like fun....

If properly advertised it could be huge, which would be good for tourneybot.

Maybe, rather than timezone, it should be a single, or maybe double elimination tourney set to be played on a particular day every week. Different than the Friday tourney though. Maybe a a regular Sunday tourney. But the difference from Fridays tourney is that when you get eliminated, thats it, you're out. And it goes on until we get to a championship match. It could go on over a month or two or however long until there is a champion. Maybe the winner could get their name included in the header thing when you sign on to the server. There would have to be some kind of prize to draw the best players.

There would have to be a set of rules special to the tourney, namely a time limit until a match is started and completed. Something like 10 or 14 days until the match is announced. Something like that...

But it sounds like fun. I would TD portions of it for sure. I am in the US Central Time Zone.

J

MadMarc

Peace, Freedom and Rock'n'roll...

alef

Quotewebrunner and alef, how come you are not TB moderators?

We probably should solicit some decent prizes for this too. 

Got too much going on to take on more FIBS stuff, but I'll certainly donate FIBS t-shirts as prizes!

webrunner

Quotewebrunner and alef, how come you are not TB moderators?
Too little time and too much to do.
I haven't even joined a tourney yet!
:rolleyes:
But i will soon.

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |