News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

RepBot

Started by burper, December 11, 2002, 07:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burper

I'll entertain any comments here.  

webrunner

I just wanted to say that using Repbot in combination with 3dfibs has been great and a big improvement for my saved games list.
Keep up the good work!
:yes:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

DavidRogers

Do I understand that you are the author of repbot, burper? If so, thank you and well done.

1. A possible enhancement to 'complain' command - enable one to record a couple of words along with one's complaint (for example \"Ill mannered\" or \"Passive dropper\"): and show all these comments via the 'list' command.

2. Another possible enhancement - in response to 'ask' command show the asker the number of complaints and vouches as well as the raw score. I suggest this because I registerd a complaint against a player (tom) who was very rude AND passive dropped on me. His rep is still just positive, because he has three complainers and three vouchers and that's the balance - fair enough. But it might give people a very slightly better idea when they 'ask'.

3. Small bug to report. Months ago I registered complaints against two people (MichelleEvans and swaps). Later they were removed from FIBS, but the complaints remain. Now I can't withdraw the complaints because the players don't exist!

rkent

Hi Burper and thanks for creating repbot.

Repbot has worked for me lately until there were several complaints registered against me by players I have never played. Now I have a "bad" rating. I am very nice and have never once dropped a match against anyone. I am very active with repbot if someone is not nice (cursing) to me for any reason. Or most importantly if they drop a match against me just before I'm about to win. We all know this happens. As my rating has gotten so much better (1770-1820) I don't experience droppers too much since I play only players in my range.
BUT I do complain against people who continually hog the bots. I hate this! As I've complained against those people I think they have gotten there buddies to complain against me.
Any suggestions?

Happy holiday to you all and your families :)

rkent

webrunner

try to get people to vouch for you.
It helps when you not only complain but give a voucher to someone every once in a while.
I do it a lot.. and most of the time poeple give vouchers back.
Just a thought...
;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Frostie

rkent, i know thw feeling. I have one complainer, who has cohersed someone else to complain who:
A: Has never played me
B: Even bothered to ask me for the reason of the complaint

Not right in my opinion considering i have numerous vouchers in both league and fibs. I have attempted to resolve the issue but neither will lift the complaint which to me makes the whole idea somewhat redundant and slanted.

Feklhr

Gee, Frostie...you could try finishing the saved match you dropped because you said I got too many doubles. If you are going to whine about complaints from folks you haven't played, you shouldn't sucker vouches from folks by making up pitiful stories. No one except Mort is buying the sob story about having a kid on life support and your power going out.
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Frostie

Feklhr,

I am led to believe that burper runs rebot, so assuming i am correct on this i feel that he should be independant when dealing with complaint issues.

Irrespective of personal circumstances surrounding members of my family, i informed you in good faith the reason why i had to finish the game. It's up to you if you believe me or not. I would only suggest that you look at the numerous fibsters who have vouched for me in order to form an unbiased opinion. Or is it that your opinion is the only one to count, in which case why do we need rebot at all?

I have been advised by many fibsters regarding your demeanour, and would be willing to finish the saved game so long as you had a voucher to agree that you remove your complaint. Should you feel otherwise then i can live with your complaint in rebot.

Frostie.

Frostie

Burper,
Rebot is indeed a good and valid measure for any fibster to form an opinion prior to the start of a match, and one that i do indeed thank you for.

I was not in any way, shape, or form underminding rebot and please accept my apologies if you felt that i did in my posting above.

By the way burper please look me up online next time you are in fibs.  

Enzo

I just wanted to drop you a short line saying how much I appreciate having RepBot on fibs.  

Thanks!

MND

QuoteDo I understand that you are the author of repbot, burper? If so, thank you and well done.

1. A possible enhancement to 'complain' command - enable one to record a couple of words along with one's complaint (for example "Ill mannered" or "Passive dropper"): and show all these comments via the 'list' command.

2. Another possible enhancement - in response to 'ask' command show the asker the number of complaints and vouches as well as the raw score. I suggest this because I registerd a complaint against a player (tom) who was very rude AND passive dropped on me. His rep is still just positive, because he has three complainers and three vouchers and that's the balance - fair enough. But it might give people a very slightly better idea when they 'ask'.

3. Small bug to report. Months ago I registered complaints against two people (MichelleEvans and swaps). Later they were removed from FIBS, but the complaints remain. Now I can't withdraw the complaints because the players don't exist!
Hi DavidRogers

Ive also played this guy Tom, and I wont be playing this guy again.

He was swearing and whinning all the time, disconnecting, and reconnecting, asking me to play faster, because his batteries was getting low and so on. Naturally, when connecting again, he of course tried to start a new game first. Resign normal of course came fast too, even if there were good gammon chances

He dropped ( His drop was quite sophisticated too. first resign , and then drop fast as hell, before I had any time to click on accept. I asked what had happened to the game, and he said he had resigned it!!!) , and only finnished the game after I send a repbot to him. He asked me to withdraw my repbot, which I did reluctantly.
That is obviously why his repbot is still good

Regards
MND