News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

TL5 Unofficial Final Standings

Started by sixty_something, March 04, 2008, 12:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

Unofficial Final Standings

the regular season for Team League 5 has ended .. at least two appeals are unresolved involving schigstogsedat and Club Voodoo which could effect the teams earning a bye and the teams in the playoffs .. these post-season appeals or forfeits are not included in the standings below

the manner in which these appeals will be resolved, in souptree's absence and the nonexistence of a Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC), is yet to be determined

the UNOFFICIAL standings below include the new completion bonus (3 team points and 2 match points) for teams completing 100% of their matches .. boldfaced teams have earned the completion bonus

TL5 Regular Season Standing with Completion Bonus

[table=]
Team,   TP,   MP,       Played   ,       Won   
, , , ,
Cube Sluts,
  54/54 (100%)
  36/54 (67%)
Racing Snails,
  54/54 (100%)
  34/54 (63%)
Take The Money And Run,
  54/54 (100%)
  33/54 (61%)
schigstogsedat,
  53/54 (98%)
  36/53 (68%)
Rigged Dice,
  54/54 (100%)
  31/54 (57%)
Sixty and the Pips,
  54/54 (100%)
  28/54 (52%)
Ottoman's Empire,
  54/54 (100%)
  27/54 (50%)
Buds 'n Brat,
  54/54 (100%)
  28/54 (52%)
Club Voodoo,
  53/54 (98%)
  28/53 (53%)
UN Trio,
  54/54 (100%)
  25/54 (46%)
Hopano,
  54/54 (100%)
  23/54 (43%)
Virtual Addicts,
  53/54 (98%)
  28/53 (53%)
Axe Wound,
  53/54 (98%)
  26/53 (49%)
DG on FIBS,
  52/54 (96%)
  23/52 (44%)
The Team With No Name,
  53/54 (98%)
  19/53 (36%)
two chicks and a dick,
  54/54 (100%)
  21/54 (39%)
Elect Lakish In '08,
  50/54 (93%)
  23/50 (46%)
Dracula's Sons,
  54/54 (100%)
  17/54 (31%)
two homos and a phobe,
  51/54 (94%)
  20/51 (39%)
[/table]
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

dorbel

Well now what do we do? Souptree hasn't (0917 UTC 6/3/08) updated the team league page, so zyx (I have washed my hands of the league entirely) tcba has mailed us with two contradictory e-mails giving us his interpretation of what the final standings should be, one involving the completion bonus that was introduced in defiance of the published rules, one not. I realise that zyx is acting with good intentions, but if soup tomorrow decides to give some time to his league and perform the functions that he has refused to delegate, he may well decide to award some forfeits after all, which would alter the results more than somewhat. What do we do? Play or not? Anybody?

stog

thx dorbel

its been annoying to have to speak to different people about the situation - and i have been using the team league site as a guide to my actions - no completion bonuses have yet  been awarded - and thus i have not as yet lodged any appeal or request for a forfeit for our unplayed sedat-john wayne match.........UNTIL NOW !!!!!!!!

however this am i receive an email with judgement about the playoffs from zyx

i have messaged him...

"
hi i have been using the team league site as my guide, we are as team schigstogsedat the winners- no completion bonuses have been awarded - and i have been speaking with sixtysomething about a forfeit for the sedat - john wayne unplayed match for over 2 weeks now - he is in communication with souptree. we as a team sent emails to john wayne and received no reply by the time of the season end. john wayne spoke to sedat last night march 5 th and said he expected their match to be forfeited- he was away for a month--- i have posted to fibs board about this and i should like you to speak to sixtysomething as it is he who has been managing the situation in soup's absence.thx also here is an email i sent to you this morning in reply to yours 

"i have been trying to speak to soup via sixty something (please speak to him to confirm)about  the situation with sedat's unplayed match with john wayne for 2 weeks now. i was told there was no resolution committee and that he didnt know what was happening. i have also posted on fibsboard.  we emailed john wayne with copies and received no reply by the closing date   even john wayne expected his match to be forfeited  (he spoke to sedat yesterday- 5 march)   john wayne had announced he would be away for a month,so we have all known that his matches would not be completed.   i urge you to correct your email and forfeit the sedat john wayne match thus allowing team schigstogsedat their completion bonus and thus maintain their standing at the top of the league along with their byes for the playoffs  with thx

thx to all for time spent - i realise that real life can impinge on time spent administering such as team league , but i trust the correct decision can be made in the end

regards

stog (for team schigstogsedat)

stog

basically we (schigstogsedat) are appealing zyx's ruling and we would suggest playoff teams delay playing their matches until our appeal is given consideration thx

stog

some folks have suggested that sedat and jw complete their match now while the team lg board is still active -- this might be a good solution -- if everyone is ok about it- i have messaged both players to that effect.

(i shall be away over the weekend and will ask neil young what he thinks on sunday!)

thx to all for time spent - i realise that real life can impinge on time spent administering such as team league , but i trust the correct decision can be made in the end

regards

stog (for team schigstogsedat)

sixty_something

good and thoughtful replies, stog and dorbel .. i moved this thread of conversation from Completion bonus as in post-season now, it is beginning to take on another shape altogether

in souptree's continuing absence we're all speculating on what to do .. personally, my emotions range from pissed to blissed about TL, but generally settle somewhere near satisfied that we can all work it out .. imho, dialog like this is the way to do it .. waiting on daddy soup or any one individual is fraught with peril, particularly in a place like FIBS where the exercise of the freedom of speech is paramount and respected as much as good play itself

since last Sunday, i have been in favor of anointing zyxtcba, former TL godmin, the TL5 post-season czar and proceeding post haste with the playoffs under his direction .. i think that still remains the best solution .. we all have respect for zyx's experience with TL and since his team is out of the playoffs he is a logical choice

zyx is considering doing just that, but has been attempting to contact souptree and obtain information on the appeals .. at last report, soupy is still MIA, but zyx still has administrative access to the TL mail system so any "official" mailings can be seen and used by him in making an informed decision based on the rules with which we began the season

i chatted with zyx last night and he indicated he'd make a decision by the weekend .. so, i suggest we gather round him, cooperate, provide input to enable him to be fully informed, await his decision, and support him in whatever choice he makes

then let's kick back and enjoy the playoffs which i'm sure will be an exciting finale to TL5 .. the delays thus far in making a decision, while maddening, are not excessive .. frankly, it has made it even more dramatic .. if anyone disagrees, i will personally offer you a money back guarantee you'll be happy with the results (assuming you paid no more than i did for the fun of playing in TL5)

finally, thanks again soupy for the exciting and excellent website design that has made Team League possible again .. hope all is well in real life with you, soup, and look forward to seeing you in fibsland again soon
e-mail me

factotum

*********** Discrepancies in Completion Bonus award and standings table ***********

Sixty wrote:  the UNOFFICIAL standings below include the new completion bonus (3 team points and 2 match points) for teams completing 100%

From the rules page:  Completion Bonus: There will be a completion bonus of 3 Match Points and 2 Team Points for any team with 100%

I tend to agree with sixty's values, and think souptree mis-typed his intended completion bonus values.  But I just don't know.

However, if you take a look at the team's totals (after forfeit awards), there are inconsistencies in how the bonus was applied.  The top ten teams all now have 100% played, and yet....  schigstogsedat received (+2 team, +2match) bonus and Club Voodoo received (-1 team, +2 match) bonus.  All other top ten teams received (+2 team, +3 match) bonus.

To determine the final standings accurately, since all top ten team have 100% played, the completion bonus (whatever it is) can and should be ignored.  The values from each team's individual page on the TL site should be used.  Using these values, Club Voodoo is in 5th place uncontested and Rigged Dice 6th.

-factotum,  Capt. Club Voodoo

dorbel

Factotum is probably correct. The final standings should in my opinion read
1. Shigstogsedat 46 and 37
2. Cube Sluts 44 and 36
3. Racing Snails 44 and 34
4. Take The Money and Run 44 and 33
5. Club Voodoo 40 and 29
6. Rigged Dice 38 and 31
7. Sixty and the Pips 38 and 28
I am sure that the TD, whoever that now is will let us know soon what the real order is. personally I am losing the will to live as far as TL is concerned.

sixty_something

thanks, facto, for catching and noting my mistake in my original post .. when i set it up, i wondered at the reasoning behind the 3/2 bonus points .. if it is correct that the rules state, 2/3 TP/MP added for the completion bonus, the correct totals for matches played thru Feb-29 is:

Unofficial Team Standings (corrected)

[table=]
Team,   TP,   MP,   Played,   Won
Cube Sluts,
  54/54 (100%)
  36/54 (67%)
Racing Snails,
  54/54 (100%)
  34/54 (63%)
Take The Money And Run,
  54/54 (100%)
  33/54 (61%)
schigstogsedat,
  53/54 (98%)
  36/53 (68%)
Rigged Dice,
  54/54 (100%)
  31/54 (57%)
Sixty and the Pips,
  54/54 (100%)
  28/54 (52%)
Ottoman's Empire,
  54/54 (100%)
  27/54 (50%)
Club Voodoo,
  53/54 (98%)
  28/53 (53%)
Buds 'n Brat,
  54/54 (100%)
  28/54 (52%)
UN Trio,
  54/54 (100%)
  25/54 (46%)
Virtual Addicts,
  53/54 (98%)
  28/53 (53%)
Hopano,
  54/54 (100%)
  23/54 (43%)
Axe Wound,
  53/54 (98%)
  26/53 (49%)
DG on FIBS,
  52/54 (96%)
  23/52 (44%)
The Team With No Name,
  53/54 (98%)
  19/53 (36%)
two chicks and a dick,
  54/54 (100%)
  21/54 (39%)
Elect Lakish In '08,
  50/54 (93%)
  23/50 (46%)
Dracula's Sons,
  54/54 (100%)
  17/54 (31%)
two homos and a phobe,
  51/54 (94%)
  20/51 (39%)
[/table]

the order of the top six teams remains the same as in my original post .. differences in order exist from 7th thru 9th place only

now the issue is complicated by Club Voodoo and shcigstogsedat having having posted results from their final matches (unfinished during the regular season) which were used by dorbel in his ranking of the top 7 teams

since my team is effected if allowing games played after the end of the season is accepted, i am trying to stay out of the debate .. but i wonder who gave the ok to play and post those games?

if no ok was expressed or implied by zyxtcba or souptree, this seems like an arbitrary end run around the rules (such that they are)

the issue is further complicated by an email sent by zyxtcba and received by my teammate, roderick and apparently all 18 players on teams making the playoffs .. I DID NOT receive it and just became aware of it today .. nor did factotum (the only other player i've asked about it) because Club Voodoo was not in the top six teams that comprised the Cc list for the email .. the email in full states:

From: "zyxtcba [FIBS Team League]" <fibs.team.league@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 7:51 PM
Subject: Playoffs 2

> ********************************************************************************
> **
> ** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.
> ** YOUR REPLY WILL NOT BE RECEIVED.
> ** INSTEAD, USE THE WEBSITE MAIL FORM TO SEND A MESSAGE.
> **
> ** We apologize for the inconvenience, but some players
> ** do not want their email addresses shared with others.
> **
> ** Thanks!
> **
> ********************************************************************************
>
> TO: roderick
> FROM: zyxtcba
> SUBJECT: Playoffs 2
> DATE: 2008-03-05 18:51:52
>
> Players:I should have reviewed the standings a little more closely ....
> It seems that by the newly implemented completion bonus scheme, five of
> the top six teams are qualified for 3 additional team points and 2
> additional match points due to finishing 100% of their matches. 

> HOWEVER, the first place finisher failed to complete one match and as of today, no
> forfeit request has been sent to the league.  Consequently, there can be
> no bonus awarded to this team.This means the playoff standings are as
> follows:
> 1.  Cube Sluts:  47 team points/38 match points - BYE
> 2.  Racing Snails:  47/36 - BYE
> 3.  Take the Money and Run:  47/35 - play team 6.
> 4.  schigstogsedat:  46/36 - play team 5.
> 5.  Rigged Dice:  41/33 - play team 4.
> 6.  Sixty and the Pips:  41/30 - play team 3.
>
> I believe these are the correct standings and will not change. 
> Therefore, please play your matches according to the guidelines outlined
> in the previous email.I am sorry for any confusion and fell free to message
> or tell me if you have any questions.
> xoxoxo,z

> P.S.  Please report your results directly to me until the website is able to accept
> postings for the playoffs.  I will communicate appropriately.  Good luck.
>

i remain confused about what is happening with the TL5 playoffs and am trying my best to simply keep everyone informed re: WTF is going on .. i hope it's been helpful and not just made things more confusing .. i remain fully confident zyxtcba will get it sorted out and we'll all be happy with a fair and exciting finish
:s40:

The first duty to children is to make them happy, If you have not made them so, you have wronged them, No other good they may get can make up for that.
-- Charles Buxton (1823â€"1871) was an English brewer, philanthropist, writer and Member of Parliament.

e-mail me

factotum

Here is what I can tell you about the scuba vs jasonj result.

Scuba sent at least five scheduling emails to jasonj (I have copies), with no response.   On 3/1, the day after the season ended, I sent forfeit requests to souptree and zyxtcba.   A few days later (I wish I could remember exactly when) the result appeared on the TL site in scuba's favor.  Today I had this email exchange with scuba:

Date:       Sunday, March 9, 2008 1:54 PM
To:     (scuba)
Subject:    jasonj result
Size:    948 Bytes

Hi scuba,

Would you please tell me whatever you know about how and why your win over
jasonj was posted?  I assumed it was a forfeit ruling in our favor but I want to
confirm this with you.  Did you play the match?  If not, do you know who posted
the result?  Other than your unanswered scheduling emails to jasonj, did you
have any contact with jasonj, zyxtcba or souptree about the match?  Did you have
to confirm the win, or did it just appear in the results without any action from
you?

-Doug/factotum

Date:       Sunday, March 9, 2008 3:45 PM
To:     (factotum)
Subject:    Re: jasonj result
Size:    3 KB

Doug, we never played the match, it was a forfeit win. I sent around 5 or
6 emails to him, and never received any response. I did not confirm the
win via the TL website, or in any other way. It just automatically
appeared. I had no contact with zyxtcba or souptree about the match,
however I did cc the dispute resolution committee as well as you.

(scuba)