News:

we need 2 or 3 small donations a month, and an ad or 2 each month, consistently over the year, to keep the board going.....http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

What you think about a " All time standing " List

Started by wingtsun, March 02, 2004, 12:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingtsun

At first a big  THANK YOU for creating this fantastic Tourney-bot. It gives me a lot of fun :D

Now my Question :

Is it possible, to create A list, in which all points are counted from Tourneybot-Tourneys. There is been an incentive reason, as many tournaments as, possibly to play, in order to stand in the list at the very top.

And what think other Fibsters about this idea ??

burper

I think MadMatt  has a web page for tournaments on his to-do list.

I agree that having your fibs name on a web page adds to the value of playing in a TB tourney. Everyone likes to see their name in lights.

As for having an overall winner, that's a little hard to do, since all tourneys have slightly different rules and such.

I think the best thing to do is for moderators to develop their own tourney styles, create regular tourneys and think about collecting the data, collating it and posting on their own web space for now. Look at the fridays3 tournament as the model for success. Make a tourney that's popular and succesful, and then the TB support will come.

MadMatt

I had thought about this myself several times before wingtsun's post. It would be kind of interesting to see who's the most successful TB player overall.

However, like burper says, all the different tourneys make it impossible to come up with a fair formula, after all, it's much harder to win something like Tourney 72 or the monthly Fridays3 than a regular quickie. And imagine when we have leagues and ladders and whatnot - just too complicated.

But in any case, it'd still be interesting and I might explore the option (not any time soon, though). Perhaps just something that would rank players based on their participation rather than results...
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

wingtsun

sure, i now there is no way that this could be a serious list,by so much different tourneys we play.

I just imagine this, as a little nice funny option. and after time, when gamblers had played hundreds of tourneys, it,s not so importand for the standing ,what different tourneys they had played.