News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Are most mobile phone users droppers?

Started by webrunner, December 27, 2008, 12:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

The question says it all.
Please share experiences and opinions :)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

stog

no not all -- but they get phone calls / can't type and so when they play desktop users who haven't realised that they are mobile users - then hackles r raised.

clients are now flagged as "mobile users - may be flaky" and "OdesysMobile" for a reason

but if i was in an airport on a 10 hour wait - i'd love to play backgammon on my iphone

but maybe not while i was in a queue in the supermarket!!

Patti is looking into this and may at a future date redirect mobile users to a seperate server

as they don't regularly integrate into fibs as we know it, but as dorbel correctly noted they are the new blood and they are a sizeable % of accounts now

check what client your invite comes from / "ask" repbot for a rep and you are sorted

have a wonderful new year

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adrian

QuoteTomawaky: used it 2 or 3 times and works perfectly
Franck, you are not on daddy's payroll, of course it works well enough for you, to kill time. The problem is WHO uses nowadays the mobile phones to play. We (the elder) use to TALK on phones, while our kids use it to PLAY, as much as they use it for babbling. My kids have mobiles and play online too  (not BG) , and they use similar (childish) nicknames  as we (all?) can see at the iphone and Odesys users, here on FIBS. The real issue imo are the "old smart as***s who found this new avenue for practicing unsportmanship. As long asthis heals their souls, it is ok for me.
Many thanks for not commenting on my grammar/spelling.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tomawaky

Some are thinking that it is not working well enough to play on.
I just report here my own experience cause I tried it not so long ago, and it was quiet confortable to play with my mobile phone.
And I did not drop anybody.

But maybe most are droppers ! I don't know  ;).

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

socksey

I was dropped so many times by both phone users, that I will no longer play them unless it's someone I already know will finish the match.   :unsure:  I apologize for my executive decision in this matter to the good phone users.   :( 

socksey

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost