Java Fibs Won't Load

Started by Matty, April 02, 2004, 09:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Hi,
Just today, when I click on the Java Fibs Executable Jar File, the icon appears in the centre of the screen but the program never runs/loads. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea's about what I can do. I've been forced to use another (unamed) interface that I don't like lol.
Cheers
matty

MadMatt

That happens to me too, sometimes. The solution is to just launch JavaFIBS again, at least for me it always works on the second try. This might cause two instances of the Java Virtual Machine to be loaded, but you can use the Windows Task Manager to shut down the first one (the one that failed to load JavaFIBS correctly).
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

cthulhu

Could you run JavaFIBS with the javafibs.bat file instead and write down any errors that occur and post them here. They will be shown in the dos window. You could also look at the "Problems with 1.007" topic for some hints on what may be wrong.

Matty

Hi cthulhu & Mad Matt
Thanks for your help.

I've tried opening up another instance of JavaFibs but the same thing occurs unfortunately, even if I close the first application on task manager.

cthulhu, what I know about Java, I could write on the head of a pin :rolleyes: . I ran the .bat file and attached is a screen dump of the error message.  Does it mean anything to you?

Thanks once again :yes: ,
matty

Matty

Those pics don't work really well do they? :angry: I've typed out the text below - hope I haven't made too many critical typing errors  ;)

The text displayed is:

C:\ Program Files\JavaFIBS2001>java -version
java version "1.4.1_07"
Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_07-b02)
Java HotSpot ™ Client VM (build 1.4.1_07-b02, mixed mode)

C:\Program\Files\JavaFIBS2001>jvav -jar JavaFIBS.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "o
ne"

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.IndegervalueOf(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.decode(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Color.decode(Unknown Source)
at u.b(u.java)
at z.n(z.java)
at z.<init>(z.java)
at JavaFIBS2001.main(JavaFIBS2001.java)

webrunner

dunno why the screenshots wouldn't upload.
I (and others) have had no problems.
How big are they and what kind of connection where you using?
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Matty

um, not sure, i deleted them after I typed out the script.

cthulhu

It looks like you have the same problem as the other guy since you have the same error message. Go to your JavaFIBS folder

..\JavaFIBS2001\user\your_fibs_name\

and delete the file "preferences". Now it hopefully will load again.

Matty

Didn't work unfortunately cthulhu. Same problem as before. I've ended up just deleting Java and JavaFibs from my computer and reloading them. It has fixed the problem but obviously, I lost my settings etc.

Thanks for all your help. I'll drop you another e-mail if it happens again.

Cheers!