News:

Become a VIP .....appreciate Fibsboard? don't like ads, Y not http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

"Work Can Wait Forever"

Started by spielberg, September 21, 2009, 09:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spielberg

Our first result:

moin beat standards 5-4 after coming back from 0-4 down.

Nine players entered.

spielberg

adrian beat socksey 5-1.

I know them both well and consider them friends. socksey had knocked me out in the semi-final tho' so adrian deserved his win.

Seven players entered - we nearly had eight but our laggard now knows it's registration at 18:00 UTC and play from half past EVERY Monday and her memory is excellent. See you next week Dea!

spielberg

In an all hottie redhead final (wtf is sixty?) TriAtma_III demolished Tanika 5-0. There was little name calling and most swearing was in Afrikaans.

Ten players entered - a new high! Registering EVERY Monday from 18:00 UTC with play from half past the hour.

spielberg

In an all male final (it's Monday) factotum demolished me 5-1.

Eleven players entered

spielberg

yoyo beat Babba in an entertaining final to watch which went right to DMP.

Only seven players entered unfortunately

spielberg

Stas beat zbilbo in an entertaining final that he won after Crawford from a gammon which he made by just half a roll.

Ten players entered. Thanks adrian for your help - my doctor took longer to persuade to give me the prescriptions I wanted than usual!

spielberg

austin totally demolished brewdice with an impressive display. austin's tough enough when he gets average dice - with any luck at all he tends to be unbeatable.

Fourteen players entered (yaaay - let's have 16 and no byes next week)

spielberg

Adrian beat juanz with 13 players entering.

I don't know the score as I was AWOL but the tourney ran perfectly demonstrating how well Tom's programmed TourneyBot (tho' he lives to code as we all know).

spielberg

Toado beat silent_greek 5-3 with 9 players entering.

The low number of entrants is partially due to someone starting a tourney very soon before this one. Please note it starts registering at 18:00 UTC (that's 10:00 PST) with play from half past EVERY Monday.

spielberg

First let me apologise for being away for a fortnight. Anyway while I was AWOL tourneybot did it's stuff and Braddock beat gaspar 8:3 with 5 players. Either Braddock won with a doubled backgammon or a redoubled gammon so it's a shame I missed it.

spielberg

Yaaaaaay - wtg resh. Beating austin is hard unless he's going easy on you which I doubt given the score. Six players entered including a real stunner whom was probably concentrating on a lecture to lose in the first round.

spielberg

blitzxz, on a roll after despatching TriAtma_III and then completely decimating PL_BACKGAME, went on to a comfortable win over roadkillbooks. Nice to see two quality players in the final (they're both 1850 odd).

Nineteen players entered (yes - go fibsters, come the New Year I anticipate the Holy Grail for TD's, a full tourney with 32 of us).

spielberg

oldreddog completely obliterated me with an easy 5-0 whitewash.

Only 4 entered.

spielberg

In a rematch of an earlier finale socksey avenged herself against adrian. It was adrian's birthday but sox had no hesitation showing her usual ferocity. WTG (Way To Go for the non text speakers) sox; backgammon is a cruel game and should be played in a vicious manner. Be nice in life - be mean at backgammon.

Eleven players entered.

spielberg

silent_greek beat adrian 6-1 in our first tourney of the New Year. (It's not a new decade - that's just WRONG. There was no year zero and thus decades, centuries and millenia start with the end digit 1. Needless pedantry is now over (wtf- am I missing don?)).

Four players entered but your Tourney Director (that's me - sort of) will be there for once next week and encouraging entrants ("ooh matron" - those who can identify the comic (more accurately tragicomic) source of that quote MIGHT get a bye and will certainly get acknowledgement in the shouts).

sixty_something

Standings for "Work Can Wait Forever" Monday, 31-May-2010 (Tourney #3475):

1. yoyo  :nr1:
2. yonay
3. bodo MacMom
5. saukriver Denise stog

Congrats to yoyo!
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

sixty_something

Standings for "Work Can Wait Forever" Monday, 7-Jun-2010 (Tourney #3483):

1. WiFi :nr1:
2. perhof
3. sixtie Kyalia

Congrats to WiFi!

The "Work Can Wait Forever" tournament is a weekly tournament run automatically with TourneyBot with registration opening at 1800 UTC and play beginning at 1830 UTC. Come join in the fun next Monday at 2:00 PM EDT or 1:00 PM, Texas time (CDT).
e-mail me

sixty_something

Standings for "Work Can Wait Forever" Monday, 14-Jun-2010 (Tourney #3489):

1. sunray :nr1:
2. perhof
3. millennium WiFi
5. sixtie

Congrats to sunray!

The "Work Can Wait Forever" tournament is a weekly tournament run automatically with TourneyBot with registration opening at 1800 UTC and play beginning at 1830 UTC. Come join in the fun next Monday at 2:00 PM EDT or 1:00 PM, Texas time (CDT).
e-mail me

sixty_something

Standings for "Work Can Wait Forever" Monday, 21-Jun-2010 (Tourney #3499):

1. Miccimalou :nr1:
2. Johnny_Boy
3. BackgaMother rollingfool
5. MarcoPolo TimDugan

Congrats to Miccimalou!

e-mail me

sixty_something

Standings for "Work Can Wait Forever" Monday, 28-Jun-2010 (Tourney #3508):

1. rollingfool :nr1:
2. bifz
3. palladin DeaDice

Congrats to rollingfool!

e-mail me