News:

thx MAffi Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, captainmubbers, aviator, Anonymous, Tom, roygbiv  yyy , Michael  r_monk Jade & Linus  our latest VIP donors/subscribers..cheers! they get to see special links & articles and gain much kudos.:) join them at http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

URGENT can everybody empty any unnecessary personal messages thx

Started by stog, October 07, 2009, 11:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

URGENT can everybody empty any unnecessary personal messages from their in and out boxes *********

there have been several errors where personal message boxes are showing as full when they are not.....with  resultant blocked boxes

URGENT can everybody empty any unnecessary personal messages from their in and out boxes *********

i have been looking into this for some time and again this evening. ive been a little wary to change too much at the moment. the forum software support site has quite a few reports of this problem........

will keep u posted - not in pm though!

i may have to delete some pm's globally from the sql database but i hate messing with it -- so am looking for alternate fix.......

diane

Could mine have become confused because I had extra mail capacity as a gold member, prior to becoming a VIP?  I was still showing the larger capacity, with lots of free space, but the profile change may have caused a conflict somewhere.

I steeled myself and removed some more messages, and the capacity has increased now accordingly - about 90% free!! [previously 80ish% free]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

i have been looking at the membergroups-- and there are reports of problems with post-based membergroups by other forums -- ie u become a fibsboarder from a newbie after a certain no of posts have been made.

generally though we do pretty well - many of the forums i belong to, are more restrictive with their mailbox size anyhow.

i am still waiting to try out the new version 2 forum software but it is still in testing mode -- it will be interesting to see if it soves some of these quirks. i have decided not to to do more work on upgrading until their forum software is officially released. their site and many others are running the new software, but the advice remains for longstanding forums to hold back a while.........

tester

i did do some fixes a little time ago to the personal message setup and you should all have status bars with percentage capacity when you check "my messages"

stog

i have just done a bit more tweaking to personal messages and unread messages that you have sent others, should now appear as bold (recipient member's name)