News:

new backgammon problem in backgammon articles  (under the shoutbox on the right of the Front page) http://www.fibsboard.com/gnubg-gammonline-html-output-test-p78
thx zorba

Main Menu

Repbot Alerts

Started by diane, October 16, 2009, 02:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

I really, really miss repbot alerts.  I know I can use 'waitfor', but I have to set that every time I log in.

Is there no way to incorporate this feature back into the new generation repbot? 

Perhaps it would be possible to register a match as unfinished manually - cos repbot seems to have a fair handle of what matches I have recently played - and then he can cancel it when the match is finished....

Is this possible?  Is it too much work to save me too little?

Just thought I would ask  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

sorrytigger

Let me tell you how I handle this.

I use JavaFibs. Whenever there is an unfinished match, I add the opponent to my friends list  :yes: and color him glaringly red. This way I can see when he logs in or out ..... After a finished match I take him of my list. True friends are blue on my list, league mates are green.

Andreas

diane

Quote from: sorrytigger on October 16, 2009, 04:44:22 PM
Let me tell you how I handle this.

I use JavaFibs. Whenever there is an unfinished match, I add the opponent to my friends list  :yes: and color him glaringly red. This way I can see when he logs in or out ..... After a finished match I take him of my list. True friends are blue on my list, league mates are green.

Andreas

yes, I do this kind of thing - but you can end up with a lot of colours...

red is me...
Patti is green...
friends are blue...
FLG opponents are pink this season...
team league are purple
nacci are orange
special friends are lime green, dark green and gold
bots..tourney and rep are a sort of dirty red colour...
everyone else is black

can you see where I am going  ;)  I end up forgetting who is still outstanding, and to remove them  :blink: :blink:

socksey

I agree with diane.  I'm getting too many colors now, so I'm starting to be confused about what color is what.   :cry:  That just gave me an idea, tho.  I'll make a special file to give me the code!    :veryhappy:
Diane already has one started for herself.   ;)

socksey

may the luck of the wind be with you , and the knowledge of the sun be upon your head ,  farewell and may your presence shine like a firefly in a secluded cave - donzaemon

inim

Quote from: diane on October 16, 2009, 02:43:55 PM
I really, really miss repbot alerts.  I know I can use 'waitfor', but I have to set that every time I log in.
Is there no way to incorporate this feature back into the new generation repbot?  

Unfortunately it is not completely trivial, simple rationale. The old saved games list listed the names of saved games opponents, so alerts were based on them. The new "show savedcount" command, which replaces the list, only gives the number of saved games, but it is not possible to find out who were the opponents. Patti needed to provide a new hook here, either a command or a web page, which repbot could use.

Quote from: diane on October 16, 2009, 02:43:55 PM
Perhaps it would be possible to register a match as unfinished manually - cos repbot seems to have a fair handle of what matches I have recently played - and then he can cancel it when the match is finished....
Is this possible?  Is it too much work to save me too little?

Yes, that is feasible. There is a small error probability in it, as repbot has "only" 99.8% uptime or so, thus a tiny fraction of match ends could be missed. This would result in false negatives or positives, dependent how "unknown" is handled. Workload wise, I would think this is feasible on a long weekend, nice suggestion Diane. I consider adding this.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rĂ¥ and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

diane

:worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:

Thankyou, I really appreciate you considering this - and hopefully it wont be a huge amount of work for you  :thumbsup: