News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

Accessibility

Started by stog, February 28, 2010, 02:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

I was asked about the Visual Accessibility of the Site..

The content texts of this website have a relative font size, which means that they can be resized according to your needs.

To edit the size of the text

With various navigators :
   Ctrl + mouse wheel
Internet Explorer :
   View >> Text size and pick your size
Mozilla, Firefox or Netscape :
   Ctrl & + to increase and Ctrl & - to decrease the font size
Opera :
   press + or - . Or go to View >> Zoom and choose your size

also you can change colour /look and layout of the site by going to Profile (top menu) choose layout - and then choose a different theme - but remember some features may not be available in other themes - best is this default theme!

having looked at and tested some access key solutions, under w3c, there remains i think a clash with browser tab choice, so i have not implemented all access keys, but if you need an improved approach here please contact us at webmaster@fibsboard.com

mobile wap2 access is auto but to see how it looks try http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?action=forum;wap

jockygerald

the color combination of this site is very cool to eyes.

dorbel

I think that it is excellent, one of the best that I have seen.

moonshadow

Quote from: stog on February 28, 2010, 02:31:55 PM
To edit the size of the text

Mozilla, Firefox or Netscape :
   Ctrl & + to increase and Ctrl & - to decrease the font size

I especially like the relative font size option.

For Mac OS users its not the "Control" key but the "COMMAND" key that one must press with the "+" or "-" key to res-size.

A second way for those with Mac multi-touch trackpad (viz, all current laptops)  to quickly re-size:

With any 2 fingers on the multi-touch  trackpad spread them apart--font size will increase. To decrease font size, do the opposite--bring the  2 fingers together.