News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2010 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, jackdaddy, adrian, BallardBG, diane , anononymous , Zorba , sixty_something, ah_clem , kapiti , Drake ,aviator & r_monk

Main Menu

Cannot continue game with a Bot

Started by slaaty, February 25, 2011, 02:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slaaty

I think this must be a bug.  I started a match with a bot (BlunderBot_VII), and got to a point where a game was lost & tried to resign - but apparently when it was not my turn.  Then as I've seen happen before, after clicking the X, the Bot would not play and would say it's not your turn if I try to roll.  Logging out & back in did not work.  In the days since this happened, I have rejoined the match several times, and the game is always stuck.  BlunderBot_VII thinks it is not my turn, but it will not move.  I kibitz and chat, but it asks "Are you there?" and then eventually quits.

Is there any trick to unstick this match?

socksey

You can ask inim to help you.   :yes:  Any time you have problems with any of the bots, if you do a "whois nick" on them, you will see an email address that you can email the owner at.  You can then explain to the owner exactly what happened when and request some help to solve the problem.   :)

socksey 

Love is not consolation, it is light. - Simone Weil

slaaty

Thank you socksey - that was info that will be useful going forward.

I hope that the bot controller will be able to fix the problem without having to be online at the same time as me.

socksey

Possibly so.   :(   inim is on Fibs at odd times while Tom is usually on during mainly USA waking time, so you may be able to catch inim, but one of them for sure.   ;)

socksey

I now choose to rise above my personality problems to recognize the magnificence of my being.  I am totally willing to learn to love myself. - Louis L. Hay

benizlos