News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

MadMatt taking a break

Started by MadMatt, June 25, 2004, 03:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMatt

My friends, the time has come for me to take a bit of an extended break from the FIBS/TourneyBot/FIBS Board community. With all the squabbling and controversy surrounding the project, it has steadily become less and and less fun for me and I need to take a few to recharge my batteries.

Almost exactly six months have passed since the introduction of TourneyBot, which has become a prominent FIBS feature and an all-around great success. I am proud of what we have achieved so far and hope we can add on to it in the future.

Lately I feel the entire thing has gotten entirely too serious though, what with all the negative posts and banning people from the closed forums because they allegedly revealed information from it and whatnot. TourneyBot is supposed to be fun for everyone - for players to participate in tourneys, for tourney directors to hold them and for me to code it. Unfortunately, we seem to have gone past that stage - (some) people started to take the thing entirely too seriously - and I need to get away from it all for a while.

During my absence, I will not be reading FIBS Board or playing on FIBS, so if you need to contact me, please do so via email, but ONLY if there's something really important, like a serious bug in TourneyBot or such. Remember, I'm on a break. ;)

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the project so far, including all the players. Especially big thanks to all the tourney directors who make it all possible - you've been great guys.

Right, I think that's about it. See you all in a couple of weeks (or months).
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

Tomawaky

Have a good break and really thanks for this wonderfull idea I mean "Tourneybot"  :ohmaster:  
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

EddieVedd

MadMatt,

if and when you return to read this i would just like to add.........

THANKYOU :guitar:  :guitar:  :guitar: for TourneyBot and the rest !

To not do so would be criminal given the pleasure it has provided me and i know HEAPS of others in such a short time ! The combination of it , fibsleagues and forum has transformed fibs completly from where i've sat ! Without hesitation i say it has absolutely improved the online bg experience for the majority of fibsters. Those that dont participate aren't harmed , those who do participate LOVE IT and the minority who cause the heartache are a consequence of change !
But even without change....they will always be there  :stupid3:

Enough sorry , this is a thanks :)

I Hope you had a great , well deserved break and return to us soon. It would not be the same without you !

:beerdrinkers:

Eddie.
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

badspellr

Thanks for all you've done Matt!!!  TourneyBot is a fantastic piece of code!   I love it, as do hundreds of other fibsters.

I hope that the fact that you are reading this means that you have decided to come back.  It is none too soon.

Shades

:yes:  ;)   have a nice break MadMatt... and THANKS for all you did... cheers..!!
Never stand between a fire hydrant and a dog.

socksey

Mad,

Thanks a million for tourneybot and all your continued help.   :D

one of the femme "guys"....................socksey

"My favorite animal is steak." - Fran Lebowitz

Zorba

Thanks very much for TourneyBot, Matt!  :thumbsup2:

I think it's the best add-on to FIBS ever!  :eureka:  
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

don

There's absolutely no question, after a year of TourneyBot, that it's a valuable addition to FIBS.  Way to go Matt!
So many string dimensions, so little space time...