News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

Something positive

Started by Kari_Grandi, June 26, 2004, 09:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kari_Grandi

Hi everybody,

I just thought to speak something about BG between all this other chatter.

Yesterday I hosted Fridays3 and it was a great tourney (full bracket). Todays Mini's (hosted by Socksey) was a great success. After Mini's I hosted a blitz and again full bracket (16 players).

So it seems that BG is winning after all, lots of players still join in our tourneys :)

Kari

EddieVedd

Damn strait Kari !!

It's clear as day to me that tourneys / tourneybot / tourney directors all affect dozens of people in a nothing but POSITIVE way  :D  

They add to the intenstiy of a game on fibs and significantly, bring people together who would otherwise never play each other.   I can think of many peolple i've met just because of tourney play and now consider friends, regularly playing them outside of tourneys and having a chat.

It seems to me much of this chatter that were are seeing revolves around a few individuals.

All those who put in to make tourneys fun please remember it has grown much bigger than a few individuals now and you literally have scores of appreciative fibsters keenly anticipating the next addition to your bag of tricks.

Don't let the loud minority drown out the quiet majority , and THANKS AGAIN   :wub:

I feel Good
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

don

Well said Kari and Eddie.  The interest in tourneys is an asset to FIBS.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

Tomawaky

I feel somewhere proud, cause except Fee David Escoffery's Tourney and a little try with the GammonQuest (I don't know if some of you have played in it), I am the first who start this kind of competition on Fibs.

But when I tryed to discuss on some forum about tourneys and to know if it could interested some players. I didn't receive many answers  :(
So I decided to try to build something and created the FibsLeaGammon with no really hope.

Now MadMatt have made a great step beyond, and I want to thanks Kari who support me with hosting some event.

I will always think that tourney is the better way to play BG.
- competition interest
- playing with few droppers
- meet some new players
- better way to play strong players
- friendly event
- and so on................

:cool:  
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

EddieVedd

You have every reason to feel very Proud Tomawaky !   :yes:

It will take time for everyone to realise just how lucky we are on fibs to have people like you contributing so much. Hopefully this will happen before everyone realises it just because we lost it !   :o

Those of us who've been around since before any of this showed up I'm sure see it as a fantastic advance on what was (wasn't) there before. These are amazing times for fibsters and time will tell how all of us cope with it in what is truly a great opportunity to make it the best BG site in the world.

Hang in there people , with innovation comes teething problems but if the essence of what is being produced is worth while the benefits will far outway the hic-ups.

IT TAKES MOTIVATED MEMBERS WHO CONTRIBUTE POSITIVELY ,      like you Toma' :)   :ohmaster:

Thankyou ! :beerdrinkers:  
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

Shades

It is really great what you and all other TD's have accomplished...please keep it going on..!!! :yes:   :D  
Never stand between a fire hydrant and a dog.