News:

thx MAffi Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, captainmubbers, aviator, Anonymous, Tom, roygbiv  yyy , Michael  r_monk Jade & Linus  our latest VIP donors/subscribers..cheers! they get to see special links & articles and gain much kudos.:) join them at http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Game 2, move 9: ah_clem 6-5

Started by diane, November 03, 2011, 07:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

A tough one.  I can play "safe" by bringing down two from the midpoint.  This gives me lots of combos to blitz next turn, assuming the blots are still around. Unfortunately, it's an invitation for the Herd to run the checker on the 4 point, and then I'm stuck behind this prime with mine about to crunch and the Herd having lots of timing.

The other option is to blitz by pointing on the head of the 2 point blot. 16 rolls dance, 9 rolls enter and hit - that's almost a 2-1 advantage.  From a structural perspective, it blows my blockade to hell, OTOH it brings 13 checkers into the zone with a man on the bar - should be lots of gammons there, assuming I can roll a six to hop the prime.

Thirdly, I could leap now, but I think that loses too many gammons.

I guess the main thing is to keep the Herd from leaping out and preserving your timing.  I'm going to POH with 8/2* 7/2.  On the bar, four point board, 11 checkers in the zone, sounds strong.  I just hope you don't shake one of the 9 hitting numbers or one of the 7 that anchor on the 4.