News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

Tonight in the FIBS Soap Opera

Started by JonJon, July 18, 2004, 04:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonJon

Tonight I was on FIBS and I noticed a tourney starting, but I pretty well stay clear of yourneys these days for the reason that a certain number of TD's are not fair and generally behave obnoxiously. I kept my quiet and played my matches. Then socksey and diane see me shouting some inofrmation to someone who just got dropped. They start shouting "Hi" to me. I ignored them. Then the shouts turn to this (I went ahead and made the pertinent comments bold):

diane shouts: is that idiot jonjon keeping his head down still ??
resh_lakish shouts: diane what kind of sports team are the dodgers?
resh_lakish shouts: see if she knows her US geography
You shout: keep going diane...lets see if you shoot yourself in the foot...
mrbond shouts: gogo, are we linking up for lunch??
resh_lakish shouts: when is the london fibs orgy
resh_lakish shouts: ?
diane shouts: im an idiot - bound to happen :-)
webnut shouts: who wants to teach a noob to play
socksey shouts: hey you shithead, jonjon!  are you going to respond to my hi's or not?!
diane shouts: lol sockesy
vegasvic shouts: oh my
diane shouts: way to go girl :-)
vegasvic shouts: little heavy there sock

You shout: keep it up ladies...lets see how much you can screw yourselves...
diane shouts: well desreved tho :-)
moondog shouts:  ladies   ladies  ladies
Bondy waves goodbye.
diane shouts: lol
diane shouts: screwing myself was never needed

TourneyBot shouts: *** Round 2 of Adults only (this TD is drunk and will accept no blame for any mishaps along the way) (Tourney #868) has been completed! Round winners: Anakin, oskgrr, Balli, SQUALIDUS ***
socksey shouts: i offered olive branch and it was broken.  that's all.
diane shouts: theres always a bloke waiting to do it :-)
socksey shouts: or four
moondog shouts: lol
TomnLosAngeles shouts: hey all
vegasvic shouts: i think there are thorns on olive branches sock
socksey shouts: i feel like a fight tonight.  can anyone tell?  heheheeheeee
TomnLosAngeles shouts: anyone for 3?
diane shouts: there werent
diane shouts: they grew whilst waiting for accept :-)

Then a few minutes later:

resh_lakish shouts: the write diane a haiku tourney
resh_lakish shouts: where to enter you have to shout a haiku about diane

mgnu_WClass shouts: Looks like atreyu dropped me! Would someone else like to play?
cordero waves goodbye.
TomnLosAngeles shouts: :-(
diane shouts: ***final 868 Anakin v Balli ***
cordero waves goodbye again.
caroline shouts: gl finalist
diane shouts: i bet jonjon could do one of those
Jujubee waves goodbye.
Jujubee waves goodbye again.
diane shouts: the challenge would be to not use the word idiot

Another example of these two TD's making problems in the community. Being drunk and nasty to other people is no way to be a TD and no way to represent the FIBS community to newcomers.

Then, there is the issue (for me at least) of being drunk and running tourneys

diane shouts:  *** Adults only (this TD is drunk and will accept no blame for any mishaps along the way) (Tourney #868) has opened for registration! Type 'tell TourneyBot tourney 868' for details. Register with 'tell TourneyBot register 868'. 1 pt matches, 3 pt final, starts in 10 mins, be ready to play, dont mess with me im drunk :-) ***

diane shouts: *** good luck all players - and tell me if you have troubles - cos i am too drunk to check up***[/b]

Diane pretty well makes the first argument for me...drunk people are more likely to be nasty and want to bicker and argue than sober people. Being a TD brings with it its share of bickering and arguing with participants. Drunkeness can not help the situation, only make it worse.

I promised Web that I would not make more trouble here on the board, so I will stop there. However, I will not tolerate being called names, and i will bring it to light everytime. I must defend myself and will. If you have something nice to say to me or about me, then say it. If you do not, then don't. Simple. Diane and Socksey, you just made my gag list, so don't bother.

Love,

JJ

diane

Ahh - so maybe that anonymous user wandering around with their collar turned up is you jonjon.

Never mind - lets just say - nice to be out in the open - you think i am an idiot - and well, i have my opinions too  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

Here are the hello shouts he choose to ignore... you would too - i am sure ..

socksey shouts: hey jonjon!  ;)))
resh_lakish shouts: hi socks
resh_lakish shouts: hi diane
resh_lakish shouts: hi easybeat
socksey shouts: hi resh! ; )))
resh_lakish shouts: mah shlomech caroline
You shout: hey - jonjon!!!

you know what jonjon - drinking and having fun on a saturday night is ok.  Yes i have drunk some - i am also very friendly right now - or perhaps i wouldnt have said hello!! (maybe) :D

The tourney went well - anyone care to disagree?? - it was fun - so were the people playing - a laugh - and well done Anakin !!

You also know what??

There are a heap of sites where people arent drunk ever - and play serious bg all the time - maybe that would suit you better - oh, but they need paying for - and we know you dont do that....

This is FIBS - and welcome to it - i will not ever pick a fight with anyone - and will help all who need it - but you pick one with me - yes - you are gonna know it.
Cos you know what - i dont give in to any bully ever - which is what made your intimidation allegations such a crock!!!!

Sweet dreams honey - glad you gagged me - the favour is returned  :D

gogogiz

hello jonjon, i hate to but in but after reading yr post i thought i needed to..

i saw what happendin the shouts and will show it hear, it looks like you left out all the important bits and dug a grave for yourself........whats going on, for you to even think about gaging socksey and diane is saying you have issues with them and then you ignore them and only reply to them when they were only bieng polite and friendy in the first place.. then you start this thread which is missing a lot from the shouts... here is the proper shouts from the evening,

Guetz shouts: ergoldiam says: YOU WIN ONLY ONE GAME IT WAS NOT DOUBLE THATS WHY I WILL NOT PLAY ONLY WITH CORECT PLAYERS.ERGOLDIAM
easybeat shouts: joke dice ; )
diane shouts: erm can i swear??
resh_lakish shouts: yeah ergo is very formal
Guetz shouts: Erg..... The game was doubled.  You accepted the cube about 2/3rds through the game.
socksey shouts: hey jonjon!  ;)))
resh_lakish shouts: hi socks
resh_lakish shouts: hi diane
resh_lakish shouts: hi easybeat
socksey shouts: hi resh! ; )))
resh_lakish shouts: mah shlomech caroline
diane shouts: hey - jonjon!!!
resh_lakish shouts: anakin ESAD
caroline shouts: tov toda
caroline shouts: ma itra ?
diane shouts: shall i first?? :-)
diane shouts: is that idiot jonjon keeping his head down still ??
resh_lakish shouts: see if she knows her US geography
jonjon shouts: keep going diane...lets see if you shoot yourself in the foot...
mrbond shouts: gogo, are we linking up for lunch??
resh_lakish shouts: when is the london fibs orgy
resh_lakish shouts: ?
diane shouts: im an idiot - bound to happen :-)
webnut shouts: who wants to teach a noob to play
socksey shouts: hey you shithead, jonjon!  are you going to respond to my hi's or not?!
diane shouts: lol sockesy
vegasvic shouts: oh my
diane shouts: way to go girl :-)
vegasvic shouts: little heavy there sock
jonjon shouts: keep it up ladies...lets see how much you can screw yourselves...
diane shouts: well desreved tho :-)
moondog shouts:  ladies   ladies  ladies
Bondy waves goodbye.
diane shouts: screwing myself was never needed
TourneyBot shouts: *** Round 2 of Adults only (this TD is drunk and will accept no blame for any mishaps along the way) (Tourney #868) has been completed! Round winners: Anakin, oskgrr, Balli, SQUALIDUS ***
socksey shouts: i offered olive branch and it was broken.  that's all.
diane shouts: theres always a bloke waiting to do it :-)
socksey shouts: or four
moondog shouts: lol
TomnLosAngeles shouts: hey all
vegasvic shouts: i think there are thorns on olive branches sock
socksey shouts: i feel like a fight tonight.  can anyone tell?  heheheeheeee
TomnLosAngeles shouts: anyone for 3?
diane shouts: there werent
diane shouts: they grew whilst waiting for accept :-)
htwooosa waves goodbye.
htwooosa waves goodbye again.
resh_lakish shouts: vegas join my invite
QWerner waves goodbye.
QWerner waves goodbye again.
resh_lakish shouts: diane do you play any other board games
diane shouts: gave up chess in school - when i realised it is complicated noughts and crosses
diane shouts: unless you are fisher of course :-)
resh_lakish shouts: the tournies could use more creativity
cordero logs in.
diane shouts: hell i do my best
diane shouts: what more do you want??
socksey shouts: we don't seem to have any problem with participation, resh  ;)))
socksey shouts: yeeeehaaaaaaaaw..........have my country western sh** kicking music on!  lol
webnut waves goodbye.
You shout: wtg socksey :))
webnut waves goodbye again.
diane shouts: and i have the pogues
socksey shouts: aaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa
diane shouts: kicking in proper :-)
diane shouts: they know how to kick :-)
You shout: and i have the cd that came free with the oo ah daily star
diane shouts: they put you thru the window
socksey shouts: two of a kind working on a full house!   lol
You shout: i said oo ahh daily star
diane shouts: and you stick your head back in and scrwam i'll have another round
You shout: no current bun on a sunday, just crappy news of the world
diane shouts: with added tits
diane shouts: what more do you want??
diane shouts: :-)
You shout: yeah!
You shout: a free cd
You shout: :))
diane shouts: you got it :-)
Anakin drops connection.
Anakin logs in.
You shout: it was awsome 80's with the star
You shout: vol.3
You shout: the mail give a good cd away on a saturday
diane shouts: yeah - sounds a real addition to any music collection :-)
TourneyBot shouts: *** Round 3 of Adults only (this TD is drunk and will accept no blame for any mishaps along the way) (Tourney #868) has been completed! Round winners: Anakin, Balli ***
You shout: wtg anakin
You shout: gl finalists
resh_lakish shouts: the write diane a haiku tourney
resh_lakish shouts: where to enter you have to shout a haiku about diane
mgnu_WClass shouts: Looks like atreyu dropped me! Would someone else like to play?
cordero waves goodbye.
TomnLosAngeles shouts: :-(
diane shouts: ***final 868 Anakin v Balli ***
cordero waves goodbye again.
cordero logs out.
caroline shouts: gl finalist
cordero logs in.
diane shouts: i bet jonjon could do one of those
Jujubee waves goodbye.
Jujubee waves goodbye again.
diane shouts: the challenge would be to not use the word idiot
diane shouts: or silly i guess :-)
socksey shouts: i got friends in loooooooow places
diane shouts: since don overused that allready :-)
socksey shouts: i'm singing
socksey shouts: lol
moondog shouts: diane   what does it mean to 'nut' someone
socksey shouts: garth brooks
diane shouts: what - the glasgow kiss?
You shout: go for it socksey :))
diane shouts: when someone gets in yer face
moondog shouts: i thought is might mean something else
diane shouts: and is aggressing
diane shouts: you simply
diane shouts: thrust your head forward
resh_lakish shouts: caroline dropped me
diane shouts: and hit their soft bits with your forehead
resh_lakish shouts: hmmmm
resh_lakish shouts: i hope no one is thinking of doing that to someone
diane shouts: causing -if you do it right- a broken nose
diane shouts: :-)
Biggles_two shouts: beheadingisgross

:angry:

that is the shouts unedited as in yr post jonjon....

so i don't see a problem, we were all having fun but it seemed you never liked that.....

diane

thx gogogiz - always there being the nice guy  :D Wish there were more  :P

And what amuses me - is that the shouts are transient and can be ignored - but jonjon likes to make permanent his idiocy  :D  

PortWine

A few comments, just because I have a big mouth.

1. A personal disagreement with someone, or even between TDs has nothing to do with that person's status as a TD.

2. I have been around a lot of drunk people.  Some get nasty, some laugh a lot, some pass out, some just get really quiet.  To make a general statement that someone who is drunk is also nasty is just untrue.

3. I have not received a return hello in about 4-5 tries, but I don;t care enough to get upset about it.

Long live the drunken tourney!

PortWine  :2drunk:  

diane

Firstly - thx Port :-)

1. A personal disagreement with someone, or even between TDs has nothing to do with that person's status as a TD.

too true

To make a general statement that someone who is drunk is also nasty is just untrue.

equally true

. I have not received a return hello in about 4-5 tries, but I don;t care enough to get upset about it.

me either!!  I will survive  :D

Long live the drunken tourney!

For sure - whether it is real or just a joke - they will never know
:D  

socksey

i guess i'm just a passionate person.  lol  i only tried 3 times, so you guys have more patience with rudeness than i do.  and i thought my skin had gotten tough being on fibs!  

socksey

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. - Andy Rooney

alef

:beer:  :beerdrinkers:  :2drunk:  :fo:  :coffee:  

Shades

Never stand between a fire hydrant and a dog.

don

I don't see how there's a question that socks and diane were goading and insulting jonjon.  He ignored their "hi" shouts, which IS allowed, so they proceded to rag him about it.  One called him an "idiot", the other a "shithead", to get things going.

Please inform me what jonjon did wrong.  Make it short so I can understand it.
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

badspellr

Tonight in the FIBS Soap Opera

I can't wait until this soap opera is canceled.  It sucks!   :angry:  

diane

This soap opera ends when we get an apology from jonjon for the three separate, uncalled for and completely unjustified insults he levelled at socksey and myself.  I would relate them to you - and the context - but that would involve revealing information from the TD cafe (which we are all forbidden to do), but i am sure some of them might suggest themselves  ;)

Unfortunately, if jonjon is the character i have so far found him to be - i dont expect that to be anytime soon.

burper

If these are the kind of hate-filled threads dondon is going to start, he should be banned from doing so, just like his mentor.

PortWine

I don;t understand the need to start a thread over this.  Why is it that agrieved people feel the need to start a thread and air a "somebody was mean to my incident"?

If you can;t ignore 2-3 sarcastic things said in shout I recommend you go over to gamesgrid where it is quiet.

Also, if the idiot comment could be considered a rock, I believe they were merely throwing back the rock that was thrown at them, if you take my point.

This is a personal disagreement that a) has nothing to do with tourneybot, so why it is here I don't know; B) has nothing to do with anybody else, so why is there a public thread?

We have had peace and quiet for weeks and weeks now.  Why start this?  Learn to live with the fact that some people just don;t like you.

socksey

The drunken voice of sanity, at last.  Thx Portikins! ;)))

I admit i was in a disorderly state of mind that night, so shoot me and get it over with.

Who started this thread, anyway?  

Enough said.

socksey   B)

Tolerance of each other is an important ingredient in a democracy. - bob claunch  

MND

Hi
Wasnt fibs a friendly place?
MND

PortWine

Hello MND and welcome to FIBS!

Cheers!   :2drunk:

PortWine

burper

FIBS in it's entirety is not a friendly place of course, which is simply a reflection of the world in general.
Surround yourself with the ones that are friendly to you, and ignore the ones that are not, and it becomes a very friendly place!!!
:beerdrinkers:

Or try my strategy: be friendly to everyone, and assume everyone else is being friendly towards you. If something sounds mean, it is probably said in jest and they are simply pulling your leg in a friendly way. I am particularly close to NIHILIST, Biggles, souptree, don, csg and dondon in this very way. Cheers Bros!! :beer:  

PortWine

To be honest, I could count the nasty people I met on FIBs on one hand.  Maybe I am drunk all the time, but I think 99% of the people on FIBs are decent souls.  It is the anonimity of the internet that allows all of us to act like children form time to time, which is fun.

The trick is not to take it serious!   :LOL2:  

don

TourneyBot is a wonderful addition to FIBS and most TourneyBot moderators use it well and with discretion.  A TD's actions while using TBot reflect directly upon the reputation of the group of moderators as a whole.  Sadly, a few of them use it to further their own petty programs and egos.  While running tourney #868 diane chose to insult jonjon, apparantly because he said something in the netherworld of the TD cafe, which sometimes exists, sometimes not.  The simplest solution to the problem she created would have been a simple apology to jonjon.  That would have ended this discussion and revealed a level of graciousness in diane.  Judging by how hot she gets when confronted, I'd say it IS possible that she IS drunk most of the time.  At least then she would have an excuse for her behavior.

It is worth noting that the most inflammatory messages here in support of diane are from burper and Port_Wine because these are the two TBot moderators most prone to using TBot as their own personal flame machine.  The very excellent moderator, Kari_Grandi, negotiated a truce between Port and me, broken by Port (by his own admission).  I have unilaterally returned to the terms of that truce, only to be harassed by Port and burper, and despite my requests that they cease and disist.  Here an example of the reputation burper and PortWine are imparting to TourneyBot:

---------------------------

There are messages for you:

From burper (Jul 16 08:20 PDT): Something_tells_me_youve_been_banned_even_at_the_zoo
From halo (Jul 16 11:48 PDT): Something_tells_me_your_from_the_zoo
From TourneyBot (Jul 16 19:38 PDT): You have been banned from Tourney #865, by the order of burper.
From burper (Jul 16 19:38 PDT): TourneyBot says: don has been banned from Tourney #865 and notified of it.
From burper (Jul 16 19:39 PDT): BUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!
From TourneyBot (Jul 16 20:19 PDT): You have been banned from Tourney #866, by the order of PortWine.

---------------------------

I get these messages when I log in and they refer to tourneys that occur while I'm not even on FIBS.  Their only purpose can be harassment.  The use of TourneyBot in this harassment is sad.  I would like to once again request that PortWine (and now burper) stop using Tbot for the purpose of harassing me.

So many string dimensions, so little space time...

diane

Dear me - do you still not understand this

QuoteI get these messages when I log in and they refer to tourneys that occur while I'm not even on FIBS.

Is English your first language?  If not, tell us and we will try to find a better way to communicate with you.

burper

Make up whatever you like don, noone believes your flames anymore.
But to be fair, I have no doubt you believe your own lies.
Get help.

PortWine

Kiss my pucker don!

Nobody cares what you have to say!  You get these reactions from people because you mistreat them and ASK FOR IT!  Keep up your lies.  You are obviously good at it.

Go away, keep your mouth shut, and no one will bother you!

PortWine  :fo:  

webrunner

This is turning in to a flamewar and mud slinging.
Nothing more interested is said so i better close this thread.

:(  
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |