News:

Become a VIP .....appreciate Fibsboard? don't like ads, Y not http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Game 1, move 14: Herd 4-4

Started by diane, April 02, 2012, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

steifnu danced again with 2-6

It seems it might be hard for the Herd to go wrong with this one..so is it that simple? are there pitfalls to avoid?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Julia_H

Spoiler
15/7 13/5 leaves all numbers playing safely and the men towards the high end of the board, so we'll have time to get a few off before letting him out. 15/11 13/1 is a poorer distribution and 15/3 13/9 must be a blunder because it embarrasses us after 66, 55, 65...
[close]

ah_clem

If we play 15/3, 13/9 then 66, 65, and 55 force us to leave a shot.  That would be a blunder.

The other two rolls allow us to play all our numbers without leaving a shot. 15/7, 13/5 means we'll have to leave a gap if we roll 55, but I think that it's worth risking that to avoid burying a checker on the ace.  The two plays are probably quite close, but I think 15/7, 13/5 has the edge.

15/7, 13/5.

stiefnu

Will the Herd be forced to leave me a gammon-saving shot, followed by an unlikely dance and an unlucky sequence that allows me to recube?  Time will tell.  Meanwhile, no douible.