News:

new backgammon problem in backgammon articles  (under the shoutbox on the right of the Front page) http://www.fibsboard.com/gnubg-gammonline-html-output-test-p78
thx zorba

Main Menu

Tournament bans.

Started by dorbel, April 05, 2013, 05:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inim

Quote from: vegasvic on April 07, 2013, 04:01:35 PM
I do not see anyone of you giving LuckyDice grief over the ban he has against Inim and resh

I am not aware of any ban I currently have from LuckyDice, if it exists it was never communicated to me.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

diane

Quote from: socksey on April 07, 2013, 04:32:33 PMPlease get your facts straight before you libel yourself.

Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence? - Sai Baba

:lol: :lol:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

KDP

I thought FIBS had moved beyond the point of grown men and women acting like 8 yr old children.  Guess not.

vegasvic

This one fits well for you 3   :s35:

dorbel

Well I think the range of replies has just about covered this subject. it is interesting that those who have fought Patti tooth and nail over every positive change to Fibs now rely on "Because Patti says that it's ok" in their defence!

vegasvic

:ban:  :s35: larry, curly and moe !!

vegasvic

:sorry: i stand corrected inim you are not banned from bago only dorbel is .. but you were until you agreed  not blind watchers in bago final .

:s35: :ban:

inim

Quote from: vegasvic on April 10, 2013, 04:05:16 PM
until you agreed  not blind watchers in bago final .

This claim about the events is incorrect. Furthermore, I never waived my right to deal with abusive watchers and opponents to anybody.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

Patti

Don't forget, there's no longer any such "can't blind watchers" rule.  You can blind anyone you want to.

jackdaddy

You sure can blind anyone. And the TD can award the match to the blinder, and they can finish their match in peace...
:cool:

vegasvic

Now for your understanding inim , i do not know if you are good enough to make a final in bago there is one today ,
would you like to bet me ?, if you are in the final and you blind a watcher . that LuckyDice will  kick you out of playing in his tourney for ever ?

If there was a abusive watcher in luckydice tourney they would be banned from ever playing in his tourney . you and dorbel have thrown out a herring and some have swallowed it .

Try it today lets see how far you get with LuckyDice .
:ban: :rules: :s35:

Patti

Would you like to make that bet with *me*, vic?

I no longer allow tournaments to ban blinding, period, full stop.

vegasvic

I got no Dog in this fight .

All i can see is....... this if  they can blind and ban players from their bots and its ok with you .

Then i would say they can ban any player from a tourney they are TD .

You take it up with the people that run tourneys , its very hard for me to run them without the ablity to shout .

:rules:

Tom

Patti has withdrawn her previous statement regarding banning during a tournament. She is reported to have said something like, any TD can ban any player from any tourney at any time for any reason. That statement proved to create more drama than it solved.

Effective Monday, May 20th, the beginning of a new TPR tournament week, all previous bad actors or actions by players and/or moderators are pardoned unconditionally. Essentially, this means no bans shall be imposed in any TourneyBot tourney by any moderator without cause. Cause may not include previous personal differences and must be justified. Failure to respect this decision could result in sanctions or removal as a TourneyBot Moderator.

Any TourneyBot disqualification imposed by a Moderator must be for direct violation of the rules of the tournament.
The TourneyBot Tournament rules are posted here and announced when you register.

We will use MadMatt's (TourneyBot original author) 'Banning Guidelines' as a rough guide to determine what is proper and improper for any future bans.

Please feel free to make comments. However, these changes are not negotiable. We have been actively discussing them for over two months.

Furthermore, all regularly scheduled tourneys currently using TourneyBot will continue to do so. While some of our oldest tourneys have become associated with specific TDs, it is our contention that such association does not imply ownership because these tourneys have been run by many people over the years and the long evolution of tournaments at FIBS has been a community effort

Using TourneyBot and our TPR rating system, now in its third full year, we have settled into a functional, fun and fair method for delivering tourneys at FIBS . Tournament participation continues to approach all time highs in both registered players and number of tourneys offered. We fully expect that growth to continue. In order to accommodate that growth, we feel these changes are necessary and appropriate.

We thank you all for your hard work and support in making tournament play successful at FIBS.

Tom
TourneyBot Admin
TPR Co-Admin

sixtie
TourneyBot Co-Admin
TPR Admin

dorbel

It seems from this that directors of tournaments that do not use Tourneybot (eg Bagolympic) may still apply their own rules, even though their results are used for TPR points. Is that correct?

jeeves

That's good progress being made there, thank you for reaching a sensible and rational outcome.  This should help eliminate the 'us-and-them' mentality that exists between certain factions within FIBS, and provide us with the opportunity to have fun and play all the tournaments that we like.

I do agree with Dorbel's comment if that proves to be the case - we badly need consistency right across the piece, and the only way this will be achieved is to employ TourneyBot in all TPR-related tournaments.

KissMyAss

As far as I'm aware, Bago doesn't have a specific set of rules that are so completely different from our general ones that it's necessary to automate Bago.   

As long as the TD concerned is happy to continue running the tourney in a non bot fashion, but incorporate the general rules into their style of control, it should be fine.   

I doubt that the Bago TD would feel the need for confused players, therefore would not employ a completely different set of rules for that tourney.   

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)