News:

Become a VIP .....appreciate Fibsboard? don't like ads, Y not http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Game 3, move 21:Herd 2-1

Started by diane, October 30, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Read em and weep..as they say. You cant play with what might have beens, we know...but..well lets say - this would have been a better hitting roll than a running roll  ;)

So, how are we maximising this 2-1?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

i had liked my choice b4 leaving a backstop, but it wouldn't have been able to hit, in fact it would have then been hittable. (whether Roderick would have stayed back in the board, if we'd left a backstop, leaving our 2/1 to pick and pass, is another unknowable ;)

Roderick

What pick and pass?  Double 4's would make me a big favorite anyway - you'd likely leave it on the 8 when you hit as an extra cover number.

stog

if u had stayed on the 4, because of a backstop on 13, which you wouldn't, then a 2/1 would have allowed us to p&p

a lot of maybes and might haves!!

Roderick

Why would anyone stay instead of running with a 4-3?

To give you 1's, 2's and 3's to hit instead of just 4's?

Zorba

Spoiler
7/6 7/5 looks like too high stacks in combination with the open 4pt. If we didn't have checkers on our lower points already, it might not be too bad, but here 6/2 to play fours is quite bad as it stacks the low 2pt further and 5/1 is not much better as it unstacks the wrong point and might lead to bad fives (6/1) later.

So fill in the fourpoint looks right, 5/4 unstacks the wrong point again there, so 6/4 with the two, then 7/6 looks like the best one making the crossover.
[close]
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill