News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Fibsboard Forum Match 17 Game 3 Move 10 Herd to play

Started by stog, January 23, 2014, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

KDP

Spoiler
hit and continue moving up to the 23 to get ready to jump out.  the blot on the 8 is still useful as a builder for the bar (or the 3 pt w/ 6-5).  im less concerned with the 6-3 return shot and am more focused on getting out 3 back checkers out and moving forward.
[close]

Julia_H

Spoiler
Bar/23* 8/5. Stepping the back man up, like last time, gives White an easy time - look, for example, how bad 14 or 24 from the bar is for him with the other options. 9/6 doesn't leave a 17-to-1 shot from the bar, but 8/5 gives us three builders aiming at the three-point and two aiming at the two-point, far more options for attack. If White dances or anchors on the ace, then the eight-point loses significance anyway.
[close]

Julia_H

Spoiler
Oh, and shame on anyone who even considers eschewing the hit. A lucky 65 and White is almost home and dry.
[close]

stog

ah_clem

Spoiler

The hit seems obvious.  Where to play the 3?

22/20 only leaves 63 to hit, while 9/6 and 8/5 let him hit loose on our runner.  That's not too much of a concern since we outboard him by so much that loose hits are not to be feared and  only 22 & 33 hit and cover.

What's our next objective?  I'd say making the seven or three point, with the seven slightly favored. (if gammons counted for us, the three would be my choice but they don't)  If we move on to the 20 we leave 61 62 21 22 & 33 to make the bar.  9/6 reduces those numbers and  8/5 means some of them will mean giving up the 8. 8/5 gives us another builder with which to make the 3 point, but I think the solid 5 prime is superior AtS than the four point board.   Of course, we'll gladly snap up the three point if we can.

So bar/23*/20 for me.  The three plays are probably fairly close.

[close]