News:

new backgammon problem in backgammon articles  (under the shoutbox on the right of the Front page) http://www.fibsboard.com/gnubg-gammonline-html-output-test-p78
thx zorba

Main Menu

fibsboard match 20 Game 2 Herd MOVE 8

Started by stog, October 15, 2014, 01:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

jeff

Spoiler
Yes, we have a better board, so leaving the 8 blot gives us flexibility with low risk (only a 61 hits it). But if hit, in order to re-hit, uses a 5, which is also our best number for getting off the bar. The blot on the 8 should be moved or covered.

But with a better board, I'm inclined to be as flexible as possible and let roman have some long distance shots (which require 2 dice). That implies 11/8 to cover the 8 and 11/10 to be flexible, but then we only really have spares on 13 and 10 points.

Moving 8/4 safeties the 8 blot, but doesn't give us the flexibility I'd like.

What about 8/5, 11/10? Is not a choice, but safeties and gives flexibility. Of course, I still think I'd vote for covering with 11/10, 11/8.
[close]
My strategy: Always double right before your best roll.

ah_clem

31 32 21 11 22 33 and 44 all point on our head.  That's nine shakes, after which we may find us on the bar and Roman picking up and stray blots. So I think we need to clean up.

I looked at 11/8 11/10 or 13/10 11/10, but I don't see the advantage of giving Roman another two or four shakes to go way ahead.  Holding the eight point doesn't do much for us here.  I guess if he roll an ace and steps up to our deuce point it helps.  But he's likely to hit loose with an ace.

8/4