News:

check out the backgammon problems...http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon-problems/
y not post a position yourself - help is available on posting with pics and spoiler

Main Menu

FIBS engagement!!!

Started by Amy, May 14, 2005, 11:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Amy and zdoc are proud to announce their engagement!   :kiss:  After a very romantic day of a nice breakfast, shopping, and going to the flower gardens in Lisse, we went to a pond near midnight to go stargazing.   :wub:   It was the eve of zdocââ,¬â,,¢s birthday.  It was completely dark, and we sat at a picnic table with music playing from a cd player he brought.  We sat by candlelight and cuddled together.  At midnight exactly, zdoc proposed, saying that the best gift for his birthday would be to have me become his bride.  It was even more romantic that he got on one knee after it had been raining earlier, so his knee ended in the mud.  After an excited ââ,¬Å"yesââ,¬Â, and examining the ring by candlelight,  we shared a very affectionate hug.  We wanted to thank the wonderful people of FIBS who were so kind to us, and we are so grateful that you are a part of our lives!

With love,
Amy and zdoc
:hart:  :kisshart:  :hart:  :inlove:  
Love.  It's what makes the world go 'round.

webrunner

Let me be the first one to congratulate you both!!!
I wish you all the hapiness, love and luck in the world and lots of kids too ;)

:cool: :jump2:  :jump2:  :jump:  :inlove:

Zdoc, good proposal dude!!! Goed gedaan jochie :)
So.. where and when is the wedding..  and more important, are we all invited??
:D  :P  ;)    
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

spielberg

And a real romance nears it's happy conclusion (see my late night tease for another potential trans atlantic dalliance) : action from Ohio to Deutschland

Seriously Amy and zdoc yet more evidence that fibs is fundamentally a nice place which can lead to better lives.

Congratulations again - I expect a webcam at the wedding !

coriend

congrats zdoc and amy !!!  and if the wedding is in A....lo  i'll be there to watch you 2
wat een aanzoek zdoc !!  :yes:

see you on fibs!
corien :D  

adamosad

wyzzz

Congradulations.. :wub:

wonderful news   :D

the best of everything to you both..seeped in happiness and joy

wyzzz

EddieVedd

Wow ! Sweet Guy and Gal. All the best to you both for the future !!  :cool:  
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

Mookie

Let me add my congratulations!  Just to think:  10 years ago, we at fibs were listening to Amy's fears and concerns as she would go off to summer camp.  And now, to find a husband here on fibs.  And more, a husband of the full grown, non midget type.

Congrats again to both of you.

mookie

cowgirl

:D Couldn't be happier for you both!   We'll have to throw a shower!

There's hope for you mookie!

mrbond

Firstly, let me wish you a "Happy Birthday", zdoc! :blush:

Secondly, What took you so long, zdoc?? ^_^

Thirdly, You're a bit of a smooth operator with the proposal technique, zdoc! ;)  

Fourthly, ...........

Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooo

Brilliant news!! :D

Lots of love,

mrbond  
That will be shaken, not, stirred!

don

Congrats to zdoc and Amy!  (Now I know why it's been hard getting a league match with zdoc, his mind and knee have been on other matters.)

The knee in the mud is a good sign that your marriage, like the lotus which grows in the bud, will reach the flower of enlightenment that the lotus symbolizes.
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

lewscannon

You'd think after all the money I invested on chocolates, flowers and trips to exotic locales, this could've turned out differently, but noooooooooooooo! I guess I'll always be the bridesmaid. Thanks for the invite, Amy  :D  

socksey

Ohhhhhhhhhh.............here I go crying again!  I'm so happy for you both and ditto what Kari and everyone said.  That kind of says it all.  :wub:

Love you both!   ;)  

socksey

The spider, dropping down from a twig,
   Unwinds a thread of her devising;
         A thin premeditated rig
                To use in rising.

And all the journey down through space,
   In cool descent, and loyal-hearted,
         She builds a ladder to the place
                From which she started.

Thus I, gone forth, , as spiders do,
   In spider's web a truth discerning,
       Attach one sliken strand to you
                 For my returning. - E. B. White

boardking

Dearest Amy and zdoc,

I was very happy to have heard the great news earlier today. It is indeed wonderful when one discovers the greatest of all feelings for another person, and even greater when it is returned. And to think that it happened right here on FIBS! I guess it may be time to change the sheets! :D

Happy marriages begin when we marry the one we love, and they blossom when we love the one we married.

Congratulations!!!!!   :yes:  Moments like these is what we all live for, May you both be blessed with everything you ever wanted, and as my mother would say, "so?, when are we gonna hear some good news?"  :D

boardking

socksey

I'm such a hopeless romantic!

Here's a Celine Dion song for you two:

The Color of My Love written by David Foster, Arthur Janov

I'll paint my mood in shades of blue
Paint my soul to be with you
I'll sketch you lips in shades of tones
Draw your mouth to my own

I'll draw your arms around my neck
Then all doubts I shall erase
I'll paint the rain that softly lands on
Your wind-blown hair

I'll trace a hand to wipe your tears
A look to calm your fears
A place of dark and light
While we hold each other oh so tight

I'll paint a sun to warm your heart
Swearing that we'll never part
That's the color of my love

I'll paint the truth
Show how I feel
Try to make you completely real
I'll use a brush so light and fine
To draw you close and make you mine

I'll draw the years all passing by
So much to learn so much to try

And with this ring our lives will start
Swearing that we'll never part
I offer what you cannot buy
Devoted love until we die

socksey  

grillbill

I've been away from FIBS for so long and then I come back on a random evening and am directed to the boards. Excellent news all round! Congratulations to both! :yes:  

zdoc

Thank you for your support; we feel very touched by your comments. At this time we don't have a date set but we'll keep you informed. Amy's already stressed with the planning, and is trying not to pull all her hair out  ;)
Thank you again, you are the best!  :)

"you can't save time, you can only do less"

Mookie

QuoteAmy's already stressed with the planning, and is trying not to pull all her hair out  ;)
Actually, I think Amy would be hot with all her hair pulled out.  Keep her stressed!

mookie

Mookie

QuoteI'm such a hopeless romantic!

Here's a Celine Dion song for you two:

Oh my goodness, socksey! You did NOT just dedicate a song by old horse face to the happy couple.  We like zdoc and Amy, remember??

MOOKIE

nilla

Congratulations to both of you!!  :wub:
All the best to you both for the future !!  :D

....for the world you are someone but for someone you are the world...