News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

New 3DFiBs

Started by tucsonAZ, May 27, 2005, 07:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucsonAZ

New features:

The kibitz/shout output box resizes with the main window size.
Full screen mode (useful for small screens but probably too large for most)
Fonts and backgrounds are configurable
Player name tokens can be inserted into auto kibitz.txt ex. Hi playername, gl
The invite decline box has been replaced with a notes feature
Talking wavs are configurable
The graphic at the bottom of the screen can be changed
Fixed some bugs with jf.mat save, and not respondind when on the bar and some buggy logout bugs

bug reports and suggestions all welcome

Download here

Kari_Grandi

:cool:  , great work Maareyes. Thanks!

moyang

:yes: Nice, no bugs to report yet and the 'playername' thing works all right ;)

Very, very  :cool:

and thanks !
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have. (Anne Tyler US novelist)

adamosad

It said me that there is an error:

QuoteThere was a problem with friends list or error reading friends.dat

Then sometimes the program shuts down

adamosad

It's ok now... i add a new friend and the file was created. But i still wonder why it crashed

tucsonAZ

QuoteIt's ok now... i add a new friend and the file was created. But i still wonder why it crashed

thanks adamosad for that bug report. it is fixed. The bug was a result of a small change I made to prevent overwriting exisitng files and forgot to test it on a machine without a friends file.  

adamosad

yw friend  :D  Ok now something else that you may help me.

In order to eliminate the ex-problem ââ,¬Å"kibitz by mistakeââ,¬Â instead of shout or the opposite, you construct two different boxes in which you can write shouts and kibitz separately.

The problem I have now is with advertising as a tourney director. I used to have my announcements and adv in kibitz list, I select them, they went to the kibitz box and then I changed from kibitz to scout. Now I have to put the adv in kibitz box and then copy-paste it in the new box in order to shout it.

My suggestion here: Can you make a shouts list too and when we select something to go to the shout box automatically? That would help us a lot.

Thx for this new version. Everything else is perfect!!!

tucsonAZ

Quoteyw friend  :D  Ok now something else that you may help me.

In order to eliminate the ex-problem ââ,¬Å"kibitz by mistakeââ,¬Â instead of shout or the opposite, you construct two different boxes in which you can write shouts and kibitz separately.

The problem I have now is with advertising as a tourney director. I used to have my announcements and adv in kibitz list, I select them, they went to the kibitz box and then I changed from kibitz to scout. Now I have to put the adv in kibitz box and then copy-paste it in the new box in order to shout it.

My suggestion here: Can you make a shouts list too and when we select something to go to the shout box automatically? That would help us a lot.

Thx for this new version. Everything else is perfect!!!
not sure if I understand completely
would it help if I made the shout entry box multi line enabled?

This should make it possible to paste longer text without it all being on one line

adamosad

In your toolbar you have: "game edit action kibitz etc". You can add in that toolbar "shouts"! It will be the same with kibitz but not transfer to the kibitz box but to the shout box.

This can be good for TDs that have fixed messages to shout and regular players that have specific shouts for some of their friends

adamosad

Can you check this thing too? In playerlist I see a player with 0 rating and over 1 billion experience!!!  In the picture, you can see fibs "whois" command too!!!

tucsonAZ

QuoteIn your toolbar you have: "game edit action kibitz etc". You can add in that toolbar "shouts"! It will be the same with kibitz but not transfer to the kibitz box but to the shout box.

This can be good for TDs that have fixed messages to shout and regular players that have specific shouts for some of their friends
oh ok i understand now. Yea no problem I can add that. If you can give me a link to where you got your board also or send me the folder with all the pics in it, I can add that to the download. It looks quite nice

the problem with the wrong experience numbers is probably a side effect of the way fibs long messages arrive at 3dfibs. They are all trucated at random so sometimes a stray number will cause the message to end up in shouts or kibitzes . This is why sometimes you see player list information appearing in shouts. That happens when fibs chops off the list and sends the next one which just happens to start with the "special code" of (for ex) 3 which means show this in shouts.

adamosad

Thx you for the explanation and for your acceptance to add that in 3dfibs toolbar.

This board is Tomawaky's board. I took the dice, cube etc from a variety of players (I don't remember each one now) but all of these things are situated in the same place, in this forum :D  :

http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?showtopic=43

socksey

Are we back to a wish list?  I would still like to see a player profile feature like BBGT has.  That was an awesome feature.  I used it constantly and never forgot things players told me about themselves.   ;)   Very helpful feature when your friends list grows to overflowing.   :rolleyes:

socksey

"Television A medium. So called because it's neither rare nor well done." - Ernie Kovacs

tucsonAZ

QuoteAre we back to a wish list?  I would still like to see a player profile feature like BBGT has.  That was an awesome feature.  I used it constantly and never forgot things players told me about themselves.   ;)   Very helpful feature when your friends list grows to overflowing.   :rolleyes:

socksey

"Television A medium. So called because it's neither rare nor well done." - Ernie Kovacs
must be nice to have a friends list that is overflowing  :)
How about the new notes feature that replaced the decline combo box
will that do?

socksey

QuoteHow about the new notes feature that replaced the decline combo box
will that do?

What's either of those?  Have I been missing something?  Please tell me more!  :lol:

socksey

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper." - Gary Cooper, on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind."   :tears:  

tucsonAZ

QuoteHow about the new notes feature that replaced the decline combo box
will that do?

What's either of those?  Have I been missing something?  Please tell me more!  :lol:

socksey

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper." - Gary Cooper, on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind."   :tears:
oops, seems that I made a "player notes" feature and forgot to label it. That text box in the invite window above the buttons is a notes feature. It used to be a combo box with decline messages that i decided was taking up more space than what it was worth. I never cared much for those "Sorry cant right now" messages anyway. should be good enought for short notes like "dice whiner", "slow player", "pookie from poughkeepsie" etc..

webrunner

Hey.. what is with this gammon empire ad in the chat log?
I can't see what is shouted and chatted anymore :(
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

QuoteThat text box in the invite window above the buttons is a notes feature.

I didn't find what you mean, but I guess I have to get and invite or invite someone?  Anyway, a short notes feature would not do.  I have loads of notes on some of my friends, at least I did when I was using BBGT.  Have been noteless for some time now, which is a real hindrance when I am trying to remember something I could look up quickly.  Think about this, please.  It is a great feature!   :wub:

socksey

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay a while, make footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same." ââ,¬â€œ Anonymous

webrunner

Can we have the decline text feature back please?
I really used it!
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

adamosad

Thx you for the shouts text file. It's great  :)

Just remember for the next update to put the "edit shouts.txt" in options too   :)

Great work :yes:  

tucsonAZ

QuoteThx you for the shouts text file. It's greatÃ,  :)

Just remember for the next update to put the "edit shouts.txt" in options tooÃ,   :)

Great work :yes:
there is actually an Edit Shouts.txt in the shouts menu at the botom. Dont ask me why I put it there and not with the other edit under preferences. Should work ok though.

socksey

QuoteCan we have the decline text feature back please?

What was this and how did it work?

QuoteThx you for the shouts text file. It's great

What is this and how does it work?

I'm feeling like I'm really falling behind here.  Help!  Help!   :rolleyes:

socksey

"I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bulls**t." - Mel Brooks

tucsonAZ

Some users have reported an error

"PicTray file not found"

To fix this issue copy the file picTray.jpg into your custom board folder. PicTray.jpg is the graphic below the board (sunset) and can be changed just like all the other pics ex. board dice etc..

webrunner

I had that too but fixed it myself ;)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

webrunner

I now understand that the ad should go away after i log in.
But it doesn't :(
See the screenshot to prove it.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

tucsonAZ

QuoteI now understand that the ad should go away after i log in.
But it doesn't :(
See the screenshot to prove it.

this is a difficult problem to diagnose since I cannot reproduce it. I will need several reports from users with the same problem and try to see what they have in common to get an idea of what might be causing it.  

spielberg

I've recently decided to try 3DFibs and am generally very impressed with it. However I, also, suffer from the unremovable advert.

I'm running the newest version on a base unit which runs Windows XP (service pack 2). Don't hesitate to message me thru' fibsboard if you want any more details - 3DFibs is an excellent piece of software and I'll use it in place of Java , I suspect , but not until I can read the shouts/kibitz/system window.

gammondude

the ad goes away immediately for me when i log in.  great work! love the new version.

tucsonAZ

QuoteI've recently decided to try 3DFibs and am generally very impressed with it. However I, also, suffer from the unremovable advert.

I'm running the newest version on a base unit which runs Windows XP (service pack 2). Don't hesitate to message me thru' fibsboard if you want any more details - 3DFibs is an excellent piece of software and I'll use it in place of Java , I suspect , but not until I can read the shouts/kibitz/system window.
Ok, I think I have found the problem. Here is the fix, you can either

(1) Do a clean install by deleting all 3dfibs registry entries or

(2) Go to the 3dfibs registry section and find and remove prfAutoConnect  or

(3) Install the fixed version. version 3.0.9 [Click here to download]

To find the registry entries..

Start->run->regedit->

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\3DFibs\Preferences

PS. When making manual changes in the registry, care must be taken not to change anything other than the entries that belong to the 3dfibs program settings.

spielberg

Thanks 3.0.9 removes problem

socksey

Bug report.  When I am typing in the shout area, if someone shouts something, my curser/mouse jumps over to kibitz window and my typing goes there until I click back into the shout area again.  VERY annoying.  Why does this happen?  This is a problem I had before with changing of modes while I am typing.  I am currently using version 3.0.8.   :wacko:

Another improvement might be to allow shouting from the separate shout chat window if you are using that feature which I like, btw.  If you have a chat to anyone else, you can type to them from that window.  Why can't you do that with a shout chat window?  

socksey

"Once you've put one of his books down, you simply can't pick it up again." - Mark Twain on Henry James

puzzle_tOrico

Hi there

I have a very big problem installing the new version.

First, it did not find out the Wood board.
After adding it by myself, it tells me that 3dfibs should be in the same data.dat and wav files.
Could you please tell me what I should do?
I have deinstalled the previous version keeping only my log and pic directories and it does not work :-(

See ya on the boards on version 2.2.306 ;)
Backgammon is a game of skill and luck. When I win, I am proud of my skill. When I lose I blame my bad luck.