News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

FLG session 21 end

Started by Tomawaky, July 06, 2005, 06:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorbel

Bravo Franck, aka Tomawaky. That sounds like a brave and commonsense decision and one that does you credit. It is to be hoped that Snowflakes is big enough to go along with this. Let us all look forward to a good final, played in the best spirit, which is what almost all of us log on for isn't it?  

tansley

Snowflakes said..

QuoteTomawaky I did confuse you with Kari. It was kari that jumped on my case during a league match last session and started at me in kibitzes while I was playing. But Tomawaky what you did was uncalled for and banning me when you are in the wrong is just a dick move

If I understand this correctly, Snowflakes abused, gagged and blinded Tomawaky because he confused him with Kari.

As we can see above, he has apologised unreservedly for his mistake.

It is surprising, given such a prompt and timely retraction by Snowflakes, that this has rumbled on for this long.

Well done Tomawaky for finding a compromise.
You and others who have invested their time, efforts, and in some cases money, into adding to FIBS deserve all our support.

Hardy_whv

If I understand this correctly, Snowflakes abused, gagged and blinded Tomawaky because he confused him with Kari.

You got that wrong. That was totally different "event" during a match between snowflakes and tryout.

Hardy   -_-  
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Biggles

Good decision Tomawaky.

Out of all the Euro TDs, you've always been the most level-headed and fair.

(Even if you 'won't reconsider my ban', which I really don't give a flying flip about)

Ban away oh wise One.

LOL

Biggles - The most popular Fibster
[size=8]Winner of the inaugural Master League Tournament and countless other league and mini-tournaments......[/size]

snowflakes

I have decided to play the final match with Spock.  It is only fair to him.  After that I will think about whether or not I want to continue to be a member of FLG.  I will give my decision soon thereafter.

Thanks to all who got involved in this thread.  

Sincerely,
snowflakes

Kari_Grandi

ohhh, how gracious from you. We all thank you snow.

snowflakes

Quoteohhh, how gracious from you. We all thank you snow.
Just the type of response I'd expect from you kari.   :no:    Constantly trying to pick a fight with me.  How about acting with a little bit of professionalism, you are after all a director of FLG, no?  

Tomawaky asked me if I wanted to play the match, he also asked me via email if I wanted to also stay in league session play.  Not sure why I even bother trying to explain anything to you.  You just never seem to get it.

Tomawaky

QuoteI have decided to play the final match with Spock.  It is only fair to him.  After that I will think about whether or not I want to continue to be a member of FLG.  I will give my decision soon thereafter.

Thanks to all who got involved in this thread.  

Sincerely,
snowflakes
Thanks for your reflexion and the fact that you inform us.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

socksey

Anyone going around singing James Brown's, "I Feel Good"  has something on the ball!  Thank you Tomawaky!  

Thanks to you, too, Snowflakes, for agreeing to play the final, and I hope you decide to stay in the league.   ;)

socksey......third most popular fibster!

"We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?" - Jean Cocteau  (was he thinking of when i beat niho?  :lol: )

Mookie

Everyone:

I very much enjoyed this thread.  It was once again an illustration of all the many sides of FIBS (the humor, the jerkiness, the compromises, the unwillingness to compromise, the international handholding, etc).  

But MOSTLY, I just wanted to CONGRATULATE SHUGGIE on his brand new United States' citizenship.  

Well done, shuggie, and WELCOME ABOARD.

mookie--fibs' second most popular player

Shuggie

Thank you so much mookie.

Shuggie, mookie's girlfriend's favourite FIBS toe sucker
Don't hate me because I'm beautifull, just love me in that special way

Zorba

I'm glad the issue could be resolved, well done Toma :)

snowflakes may be a blabber mouth, but he's a sportive player IMO.

Someone in this thread who has nothing to do with it, wrote a lengthy article about how bad many current TDs operate. I can't wait to see when this person sets up his own FIBSleague where even the most rude americans are given a fair deal! Go for it dude.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Ramses

well at least i have nothing to do with this discussion (maybei just want to raise my numbers of posts :) ) but  i feel like that this was some of he rare disputs on fibs or flg or whatever which could have been solved. GREAT!!!
Many, many congrats to snowflakes and tomawaky!!!
But there is one thing i want to reply to biggles. if you feel bad about to much euro-tdÃ,´s get yourself a td and feel free to ban whom ever you want.
( shortly seen a newsreport that even your courts dont feel very familiar with the freedom of press, which includes( for me) the secrecy or shelter of the informant.

yours sincerely

Ramses

Mookie

QuoteMany, many congrats to snowflakes and tomawaky!!!

I certainly agree with this sentiment, as I'm sure we all do.

But there is one thing i want to reply to biggles. if you feel bad about to much euro-tdÃ,´s get yourself a td and feel free to ban whom ever you want.

Ummmmm, I don't think the point is to ban people.  It's rather to let people play on their own, without distraction.

( shortly seen a newsreport that even your courts dont feel very familiar with the freedom of press, which includes( for me) the secrecy or shelter of the informant.

Ramses, I don't get this part of your post at all.  While I also didn't like this opinion of "the court," I'm baffled about the connection between that court case, the rest of your post, FIBS in general, or Biggles in specific?  I'm not starting an argument here by any means, but was there a conneciton you were trying to make that I'm missing?

Mookie---"Im_not_gimmeluck"'s favorite teammate
Heck, I screwed up and typed all my comments in the quote box.  You guys figure it out.  

MOOKIE

Shuggie

Mookies post as he intended.......

Many, many congrats to snowflakes and tomawaky!!!

Ummmmm, I don't think the point is to ban people.  It's rather to let people play on their own, without distraction.

Quote( shortly seen a newsreport that even your courts dont feel very familiar with the freedom of press, which includes( for me) the secrecy or shelter of the informant.

Ramses, I don't get this part of your post at all.  While I also didn't like this opinion of "the court," I'm baffled about the connection between that court case, the rest of your post, FIBS in general, or Biggles in specific?  I'm not starting an argument here by any means, but was there a conneciton you were trying to make that I'm missing?

Shuggie

btw that was just a shamless way to get my post count up.

And so in fact is this.

:lovenest:  <--- mookie and my sister

NIHILIST

Sad to say snowflakes has always been a bad seed. Despite the best efforts of me and his mother, he's always been incorrigible.

It started in the 3rd Grade when he regularly stole milk money from his classmates. He especially enjoyed stealing from the little immigrant children in the neighborhood, especially the little crybaby snotnoses from Holland, Germany and Finland.

It's apparent that these childhood expeiences influenced him greatly. He still responds badly to whiny Europeans. What's a father to do ?

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

adamosad

Hi all,

I want only to congratulate Tomawaky for the way he chose to solve this problem

He is obviously a GREAT TD and he proves it every timeââ,¬Â¦

lewscannon

QuoteMany, many congrats to snowflakes and tomawaky!!!

Ummmmm, I don't think the point is to ban people.  It's rather to let people play on their own, without distraction.

Ramses, I don't get this part of your post at all.  While I also didn't like this opinion of "the court," I'm baffled about the connection between that court case, the rest of your post, FIBS in general, or Biggles in specific?  I'm not starting an argument here by any means, but was there a conneciton you were trying to make that I'm missing?

Mookie---"Im_not_gimmeluck"'s favorite teammate
Heck, I screwed up and typed all my comments in the quote box.  You guys figure it out.  

MOOKIE
This just shows that Mookie is unable to think outside the box.

socksey

Long live the "box"!   :lol:

socksey

"Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?" - Steven Wright