News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Error Messege?

Started by Frostie, July 25, 2005, 11:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frostie

When i attempt to open the newly downloaded 3dfibs the following messege appears when i try to launch fibs:

Path Not Found: C:\program files\3dfibs\pics\boards2\pic tray.jpeg

The program will not launch and i cannot get into fibs at all now?

Any help would be much appreciated.....

Regards,

Garry

socksey

Try downloading it again to the same file without the parts beyond programs/3DFibs.  I don't know what \pics\boards2\pic tray.jpeg is, but I don't think it has anything to do with 3DFibs.   Maybe that is the problem.  :rolleyes:

socksey

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

Frostie

Socksey,

When i download the program in "save" or "open" the file it is saved to is:

C:\program files\3dfibs

Only when i go to open does the error message forementioned in my original post appear.

Regards,
Garry

socksey

Have you looked to see if maybe you have downloaded it to two different places?  If so, uninstall the one in the wrong place.  If that is not the case, then remove it and reinstall again.  See if that fixes the problem.

socksey

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

tucsonAZ

QuoteWhen i attempt to open the newly downloaded 3dfibs the following messege appears when i try to launch fibs:

Regards,

Garry
Hi,

the pictray.jpg is the picture that covers the left bottom half of the board. If it is missing in one of your alternate board folders, copy it from the default folder into the folder with the pics you are using for your board, or make a new picture with the same dimensions and place it into that path. On the default pics folder the pictray.jpg is a picture of a sunset. This picture can be anything you want it to be if you made it the same dimension and name as the original pictray.jpg.

maareyes

tucsonAZ

QuoteWhen i attempt to open the newly downloaded 3dfibs the following messege appears when i try to launch fibs:

Regards,

Garry
Hi,

this is a bug in the program. You work around it by manually copy and paste the pictray.jpg into your alternate boards foldermoving

the pictray.jpg is the picture that covers the left bottom half of the board, copy it from the default folder into the folder with the pics you are using for your board, or make a new picture with the same dimensions and place it into that path. On the default pics folder the pictray.jpg is a picture of a sunset. This picture can be anything you want it to be to match your current theme, if you made it the same dimension and name as the original pictray.jpg.

maareyes

Frostie

Tuscon,

Sorry to sound a little doubtful on this one, but i assume that i do this through windows explorer and by opening up the files to do as you have suggested?

Regards and thanks for the help on this frustrating issue !!

Garry.

tucsonAZ

QuoteTuscon,

Sorry to sound a little doubtful on this one, but i assume that i do this through windows explorer and by opening up the files to do as you have suggested?

Regards and thanks for the help on this frustrating issue !!

Garry.
Hi,

Yes, you have to do it through Windows Explorer. If you know how to already ignore the rest of this or...

one easy way to do this is to

(1) click start->search and find pictray.jpg

(2) right click on your 3dfibs desktop icon and select "properties"

(3) click the "find target" button

(4) click the pics folder

(5) click boards2 folder

drag pictray.jpg from search screen to boards2

Hope this helps

Frostie

Tucson,

I did as you suggested.

The Pics folder in "find Target" had "alternative1", "alternative 2" and "alternative 3" as well as "default" so i dragged and dropped the pict from the search file into "alternative 2" (assuming that is what you asked).

Unfortunatley i still get the same error messege when i go to launch fibs from my desktop icon..
:blink:  

tucsonAZ

QuoteTucson,

I did as you suggested.

The Pics folder in "find Target" had "alternative1", "alternative 2" and "alternative 3" as well as "default" so i dragged and dropped the pict from the search file into "alternative 2" (assuming that is what you asked).

Unfortunatley i still get the same error messege when i go to launch fibs from my desktop icon..

Hi,

Sorry for this error. It is a bug in the program. To work around it, rename one of the alternate folders to board2.  

or..
Put all the boards, checkers and dice pics from your old theme into a folder called boards2 in the pics folder next to alternate1, alternate2 and default. That is what the program is looking for. It just gave a misleading error message because pictray just happened to be the first picture that it tried to load.

I will definitely fix this bug he next update.  Thanks for pointing it out.

maareyes

Frostie

Jeezzz,
I did as you asked re-naming "alternative1" as board2 and the following error now appears:

"Opps could not find some requird file
3dfibs.exe must be in the same folder as this and the other wav and data.dat file.
The default install directory is c:\program files\3dfibs..
please move the 3dfibs.exe to the original install directory and try again"

Before i do anything else.......have i done the right thing in the first place...?

tucsonAZ

QuoteJeezzz,
I did as you asked re-naming "alternative1" as board2 and the following error now appears:

"Opps could not find some requird file
3dfibs.exe must be in the same folder as this and the other wav and data.dat file.
The default install directory is c:\program files\3dfibs..
please move the 3dfibs.exe to the original install directory and try again"

Before i do anything else.......have i done the right thing in the first place...?

Ok, try this..

uninstall 3dfibs and all traces of it (save your friends.dat file)

Go to..

Start->run->regedit and browse to this folder

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\3DFibs

and delete it.

re-install 3dfibs

If this doesnt work, your computer is in the beginning stages of a mutiny and is plotting to drive you mad   :D

maareyes

Frostie

Tucson...all i can say is : IT WORKS !!!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Thanks very much for your patience, and advice on this tech issue!!!!!

Now, just remind me how i can install those sexy looking boards from the fibs site ........

Regards,

Garry.