News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

FFM17 Game 3 Move 38 Herd to play 31

Started by Julia_H, February 05, 2014, 12:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia_H

ah_clem

Spoiler

Normally, it's correct to take a checker off.  With an odd number of checkers off, taking off only one is not as useful since it doesn't save a roll.  6/3 4/2 means we won't have any gaps, so that play should at least be considered.

But I'm going to go with taking one off - after 6/3 4/2 we'll need to take off two every roll to stay ahead of the game and I expect at least one miss.

So, 1/off, and then do we play the 3 from the 6, 5, or 4?  5/2 unstacks and fills in a gap.  6/3 just fills a gap. 4/1 does neither.

I'll go with 5/2.

[close]

KDP

Spoiler
1 off, then for the 3 i'd move 5-2.  that helps unstack our largest stack, fills in the gap on the 2 and leaves an even #of checkers on the 5.
[close]