News:

Become a VIP .....appreciate Fibsboard? don't like ads, Y not http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

"join" command

Started by BearB, February 20, 2005, 04:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BearB

Hi there - can some help a newbie please :-)
Was playing a 7 pointer on saturday and after a rejection of a double offer - the game was halted. My window said that I was waiting on my opponent. My opponent told me to type "Join" in as a command. I did this and the match continued. I have played several long games before, and on several occassions I have either accepted or rejected offers of doubles - and never had to do this. Could it be the server my opponent was using - or have I just been lucky to miss out on this previously ??

Thanks in advance :-)

Chris

QuoteCould it be the server my opponent was using
Your opponent's server is the same we all use - fibs ^_^
Maybe his/her client is a different one - but that doesn't have an effect on you.

Usually your client send the command "join" to fibs without your help. Either it is a bug in your client (I don't think so) or your client has sent the command but it has never reached fibs ... So you have to send the command again and everything's fine. Nothing to worry about at all.

diane

Quotehave I just been lucky to miss out on this previously ??

Thats about the top and bottom of it - it happens sometimes - as Chris says - especially if there is lag.  The command sent automatically by your client does not get through - and needs to be sent again - no big deal - happens to us all - the longer you play - the more you will notice it happens occasionally, and at what times. It is as well to know some of the other commands you can use for times like that - such as 'accept' or 'reject' for a double, 'roll' if your dice-clicked command gets lost.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

tucsonAZ

QuoteHi there - can some help a newbie please :-)
Was playing a 7 pointer on saturday and after a rejection of a double offer - the game was halted. My window said that I was waiting on my opponent. My opponent told me to type "Join" in as a command. I did this and the match continued. I have played several long games before, and on several occassions I have either accepted or rejected offers of doubles - and never had to do this. Could it be the server my opponent was using - or have I just been lucky to miss out on this previously ??

Thanks in advance :-)

Sometimes fibs will send a message to a client but the message does not arrive intact as it usually does. When this happens, the client does not recognize the last message and ignores it and sits there waiting for a message and fibs sits there waiting for the client to respond.  Some common command that are useful when the system seems to have stalled is "join" and "board" (refresh from the menu) and sometimes you have to "leave" a game and rejoin to get things going.