News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

European Fibs Party 2006

Started by Hardy_whv, May 30, 2006, 10:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schigolch

If you want to book Ramada, book it on www.hotel.de! Comparatively cheap prices there.

samirah

Quotewhen do the hotel recommendations come?

Here's the list of hotels in and around Basel!

http://www.basel-restaurants.ch/english/index.html

The venue is located in district 3 but u can take whichever hotel in district 1-8 and you can still access the place where we're playing easily either by tram or foot.

Cu soon!  :P
samirah

P.S. most  fibsters booked hotel "Ramada Plaza" if u want to book this hotel too please use http://hotel.de/ it's cheaper than booking it  directly in their site. http://www.ramada-treff.de/

cassandra

ACHTUNG OHNE VIGNETTE

autos aus deutschland sollten
- in weil am rhein von der autobahn gehen, an der grenze kostets geld fuer die vignette
das ist eine ausfahrt spaeter als das autobahndreieck weil a. rh. (a5)
kurz vor der grenze, wo man nur noch langsam fahren darf: kleine, unscheinbare ausfahrt....
dann alles gerade aus und in friedlingen ueber die grenze...
- oder von loerrach/stetten/riehen her kommen

so und jetzt... wissens die basler besser ;)
ich wuerde ueber die dreirosenbruecke fahren...und mich an die entsprechende strassenbahn oder bus haengen...in richtung sbb...das ist dann auch angeschrieben

meint ihr, wir kriegen da ne ordentliche beschreibung gemeinsam hin?

SONSTIGE HINWEISE
(auch fuer zugfahrerInnen)

ausweis mitnehmen!!! (muss auch noch einen machen)

die schweiz ist nicht eu ;) und hat auch noch eine eigene waehrung. die heisst franken/rappen oder raeppli ;) und ist meistens in deutschland billiger zu kaufen ...

(achso ... salat sollte man auch keinen mitfuehren ... das kann boes schief gehen ;)

gogul

Yipeee, Basel is the city I live.

Here cheap nightstay:
hostel
easyjethotel

if there are some questions IÃ,´ll be on vacation up the 26. of june

P.S. raeppli are confetti used on carneval ;)

socksey

Cassandra,

Please be so kind as to make an English translation of your post, so that your English speaking only friends can know what you are saying.

Thank you,

socksey

"Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot; others transform a yellow spot into the sun." - Pablo Picasso

gogul

For those coming with the car to basel I would suggest to just leave the car somewhere youÃ,´ll find it again soon as you see some trams. Basel is not a big city and has a good public transport net. A ticket for the day costs sfr 8.--

public transport

The Cafe delmar is in the middle of the center. From the tramstation "Heuwaage" it is just about 15m to walk. I dont know this cafe yet, so I will verify this 15m, maybe its 20m. Because of the mostly missing direct connection you go out of the tram at "Barfüsserplatz" and walk the rest (10 min.). The direct tram from the railwaystation is the yellow nr.10 in direction of "Ettingen/Flüh/Rodersdorf". For those who arrive from Germany can go out the train at "Bad. Bahnhof Basel" and take the tram nr.6 who will directly drive you to the "Heuwaage".

From the EuroAirport there is only one bus nr.50 to the railwaystation.

The Ramadan is at the "Messeplatz". From "Messeplatz" to "Heuwaage" its only 5 min.

At the "Marktplatz" youÃ,´ll see a significant red building, the town hall. At the right of it there is a kind of reception called "Stadtladen" for tourists can get a map and infos of the city.

A Taxi from the Airport or the railwaystation to the Ramadan will cost you somewhere between sfr. 20.-- and 30.--

gogul

Cassandra,
in riehen angekommen würd ich dein auto parkieren. du nimmst dort die Tramlinie nr. 6  richtung Allschwil. Tram Nr. 6 fährt über den "Messeplatz" (Ramadan, EasyHotel), den "Marktplatz" (im roten Ratshaus ganz rechts ist der Stadtladen, du bekommst dort einen Stadtplan und Infos über die Stadt) und fährt direkt zur "Heuwaage", das cafe ist gleich an der Tramstation.

Ãâ€"ffentliches Verkehrsnetz

gogul

Myself IÃ,´m from Basel. IÃ,´ll be on vacation from the 26th of june till 19th of july and not online regularly at this time. But before the vacation and after, the 19th, 20th and 21st of July, I offer to reply to questions concerning the where and what when you arrive in Basel.

Ich selber bin aus Basel. Ich werde im Urlaub verweilen zwischen dem 26. Juni und dem 19. Juli und werde während dieser Zeit kaum online sein. Aber vorher und nachher , dem 19., 20. und 21. Juli, stehe ich gerne für Fragen zur Verfügung welche die Orientierung in Basel selber betreffen.

diane

gogul - your posts have been most helpful - I will be tracking you down for help with these hotels - as soon as I can confirm dates. I have to start jury service next week - and dependant on the case I get - I will have to plan my holiday around that.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

samirah

QuoteYipeee, Basel is the city I live.

Hi gogul,

finally somebody from Basel!  :cool:  do u know that I also live in Basel? anyway it's nice that you're just around, maybe we can meet before the party, or perhaps u have some nice idea to make this party as FUN  :D as possible.

Looking forward to hear from you  ( I'll leave my phone number to you in fibs! )

samirah

gogul

Quotefinally somebody from Basel!

Hello samirah,

when I first saw the treat, I did only overfly, happy enough to see it will happen in Basel. Now I read again, and... yes, you seem to live in Basel. :)

IÃ,´ve never been at the "Cafe delmar". IÃ,´d like to go there once before the party, if you like we can meet there?

We could see how to increase the FUN-level and try to manage an optimal EASE-level as well for this week-end.

gogul
:blush:  

samirah

IÃ,´ve never been at the "Cafe delmar". IÃ,´d like to go there once before the party, if you like we can meet there?

Hey gogul,

Thanks for a quick reply!   :P

yes, that's a very good idea! we can meet  at cafe delmar if u want. I left u my mobile number in fibs, u can either call me or send me a message. I'm really looking forward  :D

Cheers,

samirah  :jump:  

Chris

QuotePlease be so kind as to make an English translation of your post, so that your English speaking only friends can know what you are saying.
She just gave some hints how to get from Germany to Basel. Only interesting for germans (and maybe dutch) and nothing which needed to be censored ...

Schigolch

QuoteACHTUNG OHNE VIGNETTE

autos aus deutschland sollten
- in weil am rhein von der autobahn gehen, an der grenze kostets geld fuer die vignette
das ist eine ausfahrt spaeter als das autobahndreieck weil a. rh. (a5)
kurz vor der grenze, wo man nur noch langsam fahren darf: kleine, unscheinbare ausfahrt....
dann alles gerade aus und in friedlingen ueber die grenze...
- oder von loerrach/stetten/riehen her kommen

so und jetzt... wissens die basler besser ;)
ich wuerde ueber die dreirosenbruecke fahren...und mich an die entsprechende strassenbahn oder bus haengen...in richtung sbb...das ist dann auch angeschrieben

meint ihr, wir kriegen da ne ordentliche beschreibung gemeinsam hin?

SONSTIGE HINWEISE
(auch fuer zugfahrerInnen)

ausweis mitnehmen!!! (muss auch noch einen machen)

die schweiz ist nicht eu ;) und hat auch noch eine eigene waehrung. die heisst franken/rappen oder raeppli ;) und ist meistens in deutschland billiger zu kaufen ...

(achso ... salat sollte man auch keinen mitfuehren ... das kann boes schief gehen ;)
[For everybody and not just the Germans to find their way to Basel, I have been asked to translate these hints on how to get to basel, and have also been given permission by the original author to do so...]

How to get to Basel without buying a swiss motorway vignette
Cars coming from Germany should take exit Weil am Rhein to leave the motorway, which is first exit after the interchange weil am rhein, right before the border, then go straight ahead until you pass the border in friedlingen.
Then head for dreirosenbrücke (a bridge) and for sbb station. people from basel might add to these hints.

other hints.
take your id, switzerland is not the EU, you may buy their currency cheaper in germany.
don't carry salad - might go wrong :)

[i'll take the last advice most serious :) (der übersäzzer).]

Cheers,
Schigolch

gogul

Thanks Schigolch.

The French:

venez pour bale! eventuellement evitez dÃ,´acheter une vignette dÃ,´autoroute suisse par venant via Lyon, Besancon, Belfort puis a droite vers St. Louis.

Sourtout evitez dÃ,´emporter de la salade. Il parait que cÃ,´est dangereux!

Schigolch

QuoteThanks Schigolch.

The French:

venez pour bale! eventuellement evitez dÃ,´acheter une vignette dÃ,´autoroute suisse par venant via Lyon, Besancon, Belfort puis a droite vers St. Louis.

Sourtout evitez dÃ,´emporter de la salade. Il parait que cÃ,´est dangereux!
Gogul,
moi je trouve ta traduction tres sentie!

gogul

Quotemoi je trouve ta traduction tres sentie!

Schigolch,
cÃ,´est tres soulagent de parler francais. Sans ca je ne savait pas que lÃ,´homme puisse communiquer sans malentendu!   :lol:  

gogul

We can allmost forget public transport during the summermonth because of roadworks. There will be no tram between "Schifflände", "Bankverein" and "Heuwaage". But everything is in walkingdistance.

Während der Sommermonate verkehren wegen Baustellen in der Innenstadt zwischen "Schifflände", "Bankverein" und "Heuwaagekeine Strassenbahnen. Es bleibt aber alles zu Fuss erreichbar.

Stadtplan

diane

OK - I have booked the Ramada for the weekend - and am thinking about extending my stay at the easyjet hotel in Basel - recommended by gogul - how far is that hotel from where we are staying or located - can anyone tell me?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Chris

For german cities (and bordering ones like Basel) I recommend http://www.stadtplandienst.de/ .
Insert "Ort" (place, city) and "Straße oder Objekt/Ortsteil" (street or object/quarter) and press "GO".
Then at the left you can change the "Kartengröße" (size of the map) and the "Zoomstufe" (zoom level).

Stadtplandienst.de covers whole Germany and has more accurate street data than other services I know.