News:

(**folks need to register to be able to see Fibsboard Forum Match diagrams and vote.** )

Main Menu

Trouble starting 3dfibs

Started by paalhal, December 17, 2004, 08:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paalhal

I downloaded an installed 3dfibs and got emediately trouble starting 3dfibs. I have to end the first session and then start another one. Then it works :D  I want 3dfibs to start on first trie. Can anyone help me? I`m using Windows XP. :tears:  

Shades

:D ... use javafibs... MUCH better, certainly on XP

http://www.fibs.com/~cthulhu/
Never stand between a fire hydrant and a dog.

webrunner

Now now..  :unsure:

I am using 3dfibs on XP and never had any problem.
Be sure to be administrator on your machine when you install it.

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

I had problems first time I installed 3DFibs, with XP, but second time I was sure all of it installed and no problems since.  Check size of file against what you downloaded.  JavaFibs is nice but takes lots of space and time, and I find myself going back to 3D often.   Each has certain admirable qualities.   ;)

socksey

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

paalhal

OK, now I have uninstalled 3dfibs and installed it as a local administrator, but still there is problems. I start the program, press Connect and a file called list.html wants to be downloaded. I save the list.html in c:\Programfiles\3dfibs  When its finished downloaded the 3dfibs program dont answer. I have to end the program and then start 3dfibs one more time. Then I works. I can log in an start playing. How do I Check size of file against what I downloaded? Am I doing something wrong or is there a solution to this problem? :rolleyes:  

socksey

When you choose to download a file, you will be told the size of the file.  Make a note of it.  To see the size after you have downloaded the file, find the file in your file manager.  Hold the mouse over the file folder and you will see the size of the file that was downloaded.  If the sizes are the same, then you have successfully downloaded the file completely.  

socksey

"Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield." - Price Cobb

webrunner

QuoteOK, now I have uninstalled 3dfibs and installed it as a local administrator, but still there is problems. I start the program, press Connect and a file called list.html wants to be downloaded. I save the list.html in c:\Programfiles\3dfibs  When its finished downloaded the 3dfibs program dont answer. I have to end the program and then start 3dfibs one more time. Then I works. I can log in an start playing. How do I Check size of file against what I downloaded? Am I doing something wrong or is there a solution to this problem? :rolleyes:
I'm experiencing the same problem.
After the download shut down and restart 3DFibs and it will be allright.
I hope the programmer will come with a solution for this.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

tucsonAZ

QuoteOK, now I have uninstalled 3dfibs and installed it as a local administrator, but still there is problems. I start the program, press Connect and a file called list.html wants to be downloaded. I save the list.html in c:\Programfiles\3dfibs  When its finished downloaded the 3dfibs program dont answer. I have to end the program and then start 3dfibs one more time. Then I works. I can log in an start playing. How do I Check size of file against what I downloaded? Am I doing something wrong or is there a solution to this problem? :rolleyes:

Hi,

It sounds like the glitch is occuring with list.htm download. The list.htm file is not a critical component. It is only there to help avoid players with excessive saved games count. If it is causing problems, it can be bypassed from preferences. Uncheck the "load saved games.." option. I would also suggest to delete any list.htm or list.htm files from the 3dfibs folder. I usually uncheck this option anyway myself but I just tested it on 98 and it seems to work ok. I dont know if it is XP specific issue. When this option is turned off, there will be a message box appearing after a week asking if you want to download the list.htm. If all else fails, it should be possible to save the list.htm file manually directly from www.fibs.com/saved in order to have the saved games count handy. Once a week is probably enough.

Hope this helps

MERRY X-MAS EVERYBODY  :D

maareyes