News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

Sort it out burper!

Started by scardy, August 09, 2004, 12:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shades

Never stand between a fire hydrant and a dog.

EddieVedd

Since this unfortunate and minor communication breakdown occured (far from "The Brothers Karamazov" Ivan !) the TD's have been e-mailing in an effort to improve clarity and reduce the likelyhood of a re-occurance. I'm confident this has been achieved. We are just waiting on Tomawaky's OK to make the changes. Until then details are as posted on the   BagOlympics Page. So without pre-empting you can expect the BagOlympic sessions to be held at regular times 2 days per week. One day will be Am and the other Pm to reach more time zones. Once they are approved and altered on the Bago' page i will make a point of posting them here also. I hope this helps Scardy, dorbel and others and again suggest that delivery is everything, especially when dealing with volunteers. Maybe next time you're competing in a tourney hosted by Burper, try a thanks as well :)

Cheers.
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

Tomawaky

I have not read all the posts here because english take me long to read it to not missunderstood but the facts are :
- Schedule was not simple. I guess the new one is a good thing and would be more easy  :rolleyes: thanks Eddie, Diane and the others to work on it.
- Bagolympic is still new and we need time to improve and make it work great.
- We, I mean TD, try to run some event for your pleasure. Please admit that we can make some mistakes and in the long run I really think that they will disapear.
- Feel free to comment in a positive way the way we hold tourneys and we will try to make things better. But please we don't need to be rewarded with flames.

Are we agree TD for this order in helding Bago ?

Tuesday
1.Tomawaky
2.Gogogiz
3.Mano
4.Gogogiz
5.Tomawaky

Sunday
1.Diane
2.Burper
3.Diane
4.Gogogiz
5.Mano

And if we can host, to try to find someone to do it.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

diane

Thats as we agreed, though we will reserve the right to be a little interchangeable with slots - to allow for holidays etc - but it will be our responsibility to cover those slots which our name is down for  :)

Thanks for coordinating us Tomawaky - and your prompt responses to our requests  :D

And the new schedule looks GREAT!!  :thumbsup2:  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

EddieVedd

BagOlympic Sessions new schedule, effective immediatley ;

EVERY SUNDAY 11:00 GMT (11am)

AND

EVERY TUESDAY 20:00 GMT (8pm)[/size]

Registration begins 30 minutes before the start time, which should be taken ONLY from the clock on the BagOlympics Page ! Click >>>  HERE to view.

Wingtsun has offered to take the 3rd Sunday spot but will need a hand with the specifics of running a BagO' session some time first please. Thanks Wing' :)

Mano has agreed to help finish off 2nd Sunday if and when Burp's runs into time constraints. Thanks Mano, Burper and GoGo too :)

You're welcome Tomawaky and HUGE thanks to Diane for seeing the logic and giving so much :)

Enjoy Y'all  :P

[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

Tomawaky

What do you think about this parameters to create sessions ?

rename # BAGOLYMPIC
maxplayers 32 tourney #
matchlen normal 3 tourney #
matchlen finals 5 tourney #
Describe # Standard single elimination Bagolympic's Session. XX:00 PM GMT. You have to announce your country. More info at http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/bagolympic.htm
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

diane

Yes - thats pretty much what i normally enter - course if we could have one set up - like the fridays 3 is on tourneybot ...now wouldn't that be something   :D  

diane

And lo and behold - look what we have  :D

'cr bago' on TBot creates a bagolympic tourney all ready to open - with all BagO TDs set as moderators - so should anything happen - another TD can take over - what a great idea!!  Less typing for me - and no little errors - yee haa  :yes:

burper

yes, burper finally sorted it out.
must have been all that healthy criticism from dorbel.
Thanks dorbel!!!
Can I nominate dorbel early for Sept Fibsie?

webrunner

QuoteCan I nominate dorbel early for Sept Fibsie?
Not yet Burper.. patience ;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |