News:

thx diane, jeeves Caleb sixty Zorba  Linus & jackdaddy Tom  Michael r_monk Anonymous  Jade & roygbiv*  our 2013 donors..cheers! we will really need Help this year as i think we will need a better Host server

Main Menu

Big jump in some players ratings

Started by jonesyjt, February 20, 2012, 09:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesyjt

I've played here for many years, and have noticed some players making big jumps in ratings, always from the 1700s to the mid to upper 1800s and even 1900s in a short period of time.  However, the only change I've seen in their play, is the ability to take a very long time to cube, always followed by a world class cube.  Anyone else here notice such a thing? 

Talk amongst yourselves.....

socksey

I have noticed that, too.   :mellow:  Do you think they are using bots?   :ohmy:  I suspect that might be the case sometimes........notably when  players take a long time to play.   :yes:  However, I see no way to prove it, so I have kept my thoughts to myself until now.   ;)  I keep hoping when I reach 1700, that I, also, will shoot up there, but, it hasn't happened, so far.  :P

I do know it's easy to drop 100-200 rating points, either by a bad luck streak, distractions, or maybe a streak of retardation, speaking for myself, of course.   :laugh: 

socksey

"In 1949, we stayed with one of my friends who had a book in which people were asked to write down their secret ambitions. Ronald Reagan wrote he'd like to be president. All those years ago!". - Patricia Neal

moonshadow

jackdaddy

Derry

I'm sure some players use bots. But I couldn't care less - don't they have a life? What harm does it do me? I play 'real' backgammon at the local club for real money and no-one uses bots there! I pity players like dipr and others who are hung up on ratings. Probably indicates deficiencies in other areas ;)

socksey

I consider it mere human nature!   :thumbsup2:

socksey

"The United States can always be relied upon to do the right thing , once it has exhausted all the alternatives" - Winston Churchill