News:

Biggest free backgammon community - members from over 150 countries. Play backgammon for free on Fibs.com and enjoy the community on fibsboard

Main Menu

FB3 game 1 moves 3 & 4

Started by stog, November 26, 2009, 10:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

roadkillbooks

Spoiler
Im going for 13/8, 13/11.  This play unstacks the midpoint and gives two extra builders. 5-2 is usually a lousy number and while here it is not a good number..its actually not that bad. We will need to make points on our side of the board, in order to do that we need builders.  The risk of getting hit with a 9 or 10 is not great.  We cant be worried about that now or else we could find ourself with more serious problems later.  Note that with 6-3 our opponent would point on our head instead of hitting us loose in the outfield.  Id rather be hit in the outfield.  Moving up with the 2 does not provide us with anything constructive right now.  It is easy to escape with a 9 but after 13/8, 13/11.. id much rather use a 6-3 to make our 5 point.  It just give us more flexibility.  Im repeating this because i see that it has a couple of votes but no defense.
[close]

stog

7 votes to 2. so unless anyone has any serious objections/alternative arguments, i shall next it

schig you have a 62

Schigolch

I'll go for my bar point: 13/7 9/7. It'll block your blot in my homeboard from running all too easily to safety, plus it gives me an additional landing point in my outer field if i ever may need it in the future.

vikingblood80

Quote from: stog on November 26, 2009, 05:25:54 PM
7 votes to 2. so unless anyone has any serious objections/alternative arguments, i shall next it

So please when you do move then close the poll..otherwise it will be irritating.

Thx
Vikings had more fun at work