News:

thx MAffi Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, captainmubbers, aviator, Anonymous, Tom, roygbiv  yyy , Michael  r_monk Jade & Linus  our latest VIP donors/subscribers..cheers! they get to see special links & articles and gain much kudos.:) join them at http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

I want to report a lame dropper named Jackobs

Started by nace, July 27, 2011, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nace

I play on FIBS on my mobile, so I'm not sure if I can vouch for anybody or report anything from there. So I found your forum on google.

I hope this is the proper place to report, the name of the dropper is Jackobs it happened today. First he offered to resign but after I declined (because he could lose it by two) he dropped. A sore loser that I want to report.

I play in FIBS for a quite a long time now and I love it. It doesn't cost much to play online on my mobile. So I never drop. I have some unfinished games because of lame losers such as this Jackobs character.

So please let me know if this is the right way to report a dropper.

Thank you in advance and thank you on the beautiful server.

EDIT: Today one more player dropped on me but unfortunately I forgot his nickname. I will write it down for the next time.

socksey

You didn't mention the match length.  If a resign normal would give you the match, you should have accepted.   :yes:   Some people have the skewed idea that a gammon gives you more than the match length, when, in fact, it means nothing, and some players get real put out if you don't accept their resign normal when it allows you to win the match.   :(  Unfortunate but true!

I personally don't care one way or the other.  Just saying......another one of those things players learn through experience.  BTW, some players never learn.   :laugh:

socksey

"The obstinacy of cleverness and reason is nothing to the obstinacy of folly and inanity." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

nace

Quote from: socksey on July 27, 2011, 04:44:24 PM
You didn't mention the match length.  If a resign normal would give you the match, you should have accepted.   :yes:   Some people have the skewed idea that a gammon gives you more than the match length, when, in fact, it means nothing, and some players get real put out if you don't accept their resign normal when it allows you to win the match.   :(  Unfortunate but true!

I personally don't care one way or the other.  Just saying......another one of those things players learn through experience.  BTW, some players never learn.   :laugh:

socksey

"The obstinacy of cleverness and reason is nothing to the obstinacy of folly and inanity." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Well it was a 1 point match and I wasn't sure about that rule. I thought that I would reach a better score with a two points win. But anyway he shouldn't have dropped.

But thank you for your answer and information, I will keep that in mind.
By the way if someone else drops on me is this the right place to report him?

diane

There is no formal place to report droppers, the control measures around droppers are that players are limited to 10 unfinished matches, after that, they can no longer start new matches.

RepbotNG is an informal means to report droppers, but not easily accessed by a mobile phone connection.

One disadvantage of using a mobile connection is that you dont have full FIBs functionality, dropper reporting and checking being part of that. I would urge you to try to access FIBs at least sometimes via an interface [javafibs] from your home PC, that way you will get a good feel for who are good players and who to avoid when you are on the mobile.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

nace

ah_clem

Since it was a one-pointer, his offer to resign was entirely within the normal etiquette of FIBS.  Refusing his offer to resign was a breach of etiquette, but since you didn't know this don't feel too bad about it.  Now you do.

Note that it would be different if gammons mattered (e.g. the first game of a three-pointer) and he offered to resign normal when gammons were possible.  It's considered bad form to offer to resign normal in this situation.

As for where to report droppers, use RepBot.  If your client doesn't interact with RepBot, use a client that does.