News:

Biggest free backgammon community - members from over 150 countries. Play backgammon for free on Fibs.com and enjoy the community on fibsboard

Main Menu

transatlantic all fibs party get together

Started by resh_lakish, November 16, 2007, 10:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resh_lakish

New York City easily won as the local for the "all US fibs get together". If you compare the Americans to say the Germans, you see a big difference in community. They are more civil. They meet every year in the summer for the party etc. The US get together has never got from what woody allen says in a movie, "i have an idea and if i get a little money i will turn it into a concept".

So we have the local New York city similar to the dalai lama who said to the hot dog vendor, "make me one with everything". Further, considering how dirt cheap the US is for europeans (talk to inim about this) euro fibsters might be tempted to come to new york. Also, in the spring transatlantic flights are supposedly going to be cheaper.

Therefore, all we need now is someone from the New York area to host. Not physically host but organize, boots on the ground.

Anyone who lives in the New York area is welcome to designate themselves host.

manxcat

I could do South Dakota.  Think about it, almost dead center of the continent, lots of national monuments and such, religious ceremonies, fishing, horse back riding, buffalo, Pow Wows.  What more could you want.
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

scuba

nice NYC idea...if it happens I can prob. make it...i'm in Philadelphia, not far.

resh_lakish

of the many new york area fibsters none have come forward to organize. i guess it could be done remotely. i am willing to help. maybe the Europeans who have success in Europe just have their party in nyc and organize it.

i have some resources in new york. its just that i live in LA and have a commitment to my dad at the moment.

we could have the Ryder cup of backgammon the best "American" team versus the best "Eurasian" team.

but it will probably languish cause most American fibsters are antisocial hostile.

maria

Quote from: resh_lakish on November 23, 2007, 05:52:47 PM
of the many new york area fibsters none have come forward to organize. i guess it could be done remotely. i am willing to help. maybe the Europeans who have success in Europe just have their party in nyc and organize it.

i have some resources in new york. its just that i live in LA and have a commitment to my dad at the moment.

we could have the Ryder cup of backgammon the best "American" team versus the best "Eurasian" team.

but it will probably languish cause most American fibsters are antisocial hostile.

And you are the MOST "most" around.
Geez.

lewscannon

What the f*** are you talking about?

don

One South Dakota attraction manxie doesn't mention is bike week in Sturgis, a world famous get-together of Harley Davidsons and their devotees.  I think a lot of FIBSters would fit right in with a gathering of bikers.

Arf!
--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

jasonj

Is there a date for this? I'm going to be planning a trip to NY this summer... to see Yankee Stadium before it is abandoned... I could try to schedule around a date if I knew one...
jasonj <---- listening to WIDR.org

burper

Quote from: lewscannon on November 26, 2007, 02:45:44 PM

What the f*** are you talking about?

He was talking about xxx

burper