News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

Project Timeline Vs Features POLL

Started by agerson, May 22, 2004, 01:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agerson

Please let me know your feelings on this subject. Is there an option "C" I didn't think of?

alef

Presumably most OS X users are using JavaFIBS, which is a very impressive. As soon as you have a workable CocoaFibs I imagine a good few will try it out for curiosity sake but it will take lots of features to shift people over on a regular basis. That's my guess anyway.

Bondy

I can't speak for the majority, but I use MacFIBS in Classic, and I don't use many features.  As long as I can play on a board and send commands to the shell (and get shouts and game chat in separate windows), I'd probably use any version of CocoaFIBS at all.
(Which isn't to say I wouldn't like more features as they become available)

burper

What will the licensing be?
The mantra of open source is "release early, release often", just in case that applies.

badspellr

I just wanted to thank agerson for taking this project on.  It sounds fantastic!  Good luck! :D  

souptree

Just wanted to reiterate my desire to volunteer as a tester on this project.  10.3 will be here soon.

FYI, I currently run MacFIBS in Classic.  It would be interesting to know how many Mac users run MacFIBS vs. JavaFIBS.
[size=8]All We Are Saying Is Give Peas A Chance[/size]
[size=8]www.souptree.net/fibs/stfu.jpg
Trees don't grow on money either.
[/size]

Bondy

Well, I just switched to JavaFIBS.  The ratings graph and its ability to run in 10.3 instead of classic was what swung me.  Although the inability to gag people is a gaping hole.

cthulhu

QuoteWell, I just switched to JavaFIBS.  The ratings graph and its ability to run in 10.3 instead of classic was what swung me.  Although the inability to gag people is a gaping hole.
Just add the person you want to gag to the Villains list and you won't have to hear from him/her again.