News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2010 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, jackdaddy, adrian, BallardBG, diane , anononymous , Zorba , sixty_something, ah_clem , kapiti , Drake ,aviator & r_monk

Main Menu

Personal messages

Started by mucki, October 19, 2006, 10:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mucki

Hi folks,

in fibsboard i find the information that there are two messages for me but when i enter the "My Messages" site, there are no messages shown. Any hints for me ?

Keep on gambling,

Mucki

socksey

The messages window seems to pop up any time you log in whether there are new messages or not, so if you know you only had 2 messages ever, just close the window to save some time.  At least, that's what I've been doing.  Maybe webbie can shed some further light on this.   :huh:   

socksey

"Love your country, but never trust its government." - Robert Heinlein

diane

I wonder if this is to do with blocked pop ups - when you log in, the messages come with an 'open in a new window' question - and I when I choose yes, this opens another copy of Firefox (not a new tab).  Are you getting this question? If so - are you replying yes or no?  Are you getting a second browser opening in the background? Or is it coming up as a pop up (or not if pop ups are blocked).  If you could answer some of these questions - it might go some way to helping fix the problem.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

webrunner

I don't know what is happening here, i never had any problems and so does my test user acccount.
Socksey, clean out all the messages (also in the out box) to see if that helps.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

That worked.  Ty!   :)

socksey

"The great act of faith is when man decides that he is not God." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

jonesyjt

When I log in it says I have a message as well.  When I go to "MY MESSAGES[1]" there are none showing, but it says I have 1 message....capacity 5% full.  If there is a message, I wouild like to read it.

webrunner

Look in your outbox, maybe it is there.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |