News:

new backgammon problem in backgammon articles  (under the shoutbox on the right of the Front page) http://www.fibsboard.com/gnubg-gammonline-html-output-test-p78
thx zorba

Main Menu

how to use chat?

Started by lone_woof, October 17, 2007, 09:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lone_woof

i have a real problem using  the 'chat' facility on the fibs board. I know where it is, how to place a message on it, but not how one sends that enquiry or greeting. What archaic spell does one need to cast to facilitate this utility?
It's sure to be simple but i haven't found anything useful in the help section. Thanks in advance for your assistance. :unhappy
P.S: I'm using version 3.0.15 [i like the interface]

tucsonAZ

hi,

if you are using 3dfibs, you can hit "Enter" in the keyboard to send the chat message

maareyes

maria

Was anyone in the Chat area with you at the time?
I've been coming to FIBSBoard.com quite a while now and I never see anyone in the Chat area.

maria

Okay just for kicks I went into the Chat area of FIBSBoard.
After you type in your message, click on the big silver SEND button at the bottom right hand corner.

webrunner

The chat version can be used to chat woth other members, f.i. during an outage of fibs.com. Also you can choose other channels. These are not related to Fibs but are a part of a big chatroom network, a little like IRC.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

lone_woof

Quote from: tucsonAZ on October 18, 2007, 03:42:49 AM
hi,

if you are using 3dfibs, you can hit "Enter" in the keyboard to send the chat message

maareyes
thanx so much maareyes. I knew it would be simple. Why did i not think of that? Doh!

lone_woof

Quote from: maria on October 18, 2007, 10:34:29 AM
Okay just for kicks I went into the Chat area of FIBSBoard.
After you type in your message, click on the big silver SEND button at the bottom right hand corner.

I think you refer to 'kibutz', which is quite separate from 'chat'. At least that is the only button in the lower right corner of my version of the fibs board. Maareyes was the only helpful reply to my post. I have to say i wonder how you could manage to convey so little in 2 posts, or indeed , why you bothered.??

maria

Nice attitude.
And I'm ASSuming you weren't even talking about Chat at FIBS board, even tho that's what your original post said.
I'm REALLY sorry I tried to help you out.
And thanks for pointing out that I tried and failed.
That's always nice to do to people who are offering help.
I feel a reverse voucher coming on, can you guess who it will be for?